PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged x5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it's not April Fools???

Really...I am not one to be critical..BUT?? I have never seen a LB do so little and get such hype..not since Sam Huff have I seen it. Seau is always ON the pile..usually a lot later than making tackles and..always up and pumping his fist like he was the one making the tackle. UGGH!!! I will wait and see what he CAN DO now..and maybe he can prove me wrong..and THAt will be good..but my initial reaction?? NOT very good...

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged

NFL network is reporting this now.

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged

Full name: Tiaina Seau.

Scouts, Inc:

"Great motor, outstanding instincts...rarely takes false steps...does a good job of reading and reacting quickly...takes very good angles in pursuit...has lost a step and is no longer fast or fluid enough to matchup 1-on-1...struggles against quicker and faster backs in man coverage...lacks ideal closing burst...doesn't show same acceleration on blitz...aging and no longer has physical tools to get around blocks like he used to...doesn't show the same closing burst in pursuit, which is leading him to leave his feet and lunge..."

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged)

Can't really complain about this. It isn't like we are giving him Bruschi or Vrabel's roster spot.

He is better depth than the other options.

Last edited:
Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged)

Seau is NOT a BB player. He is a freelancer who has no idea of gap assignments. I live in San Diego and have watched him run up to the line of scrimmage and jump around like a clown!! He has made a name by being a showboat. I have seen him do his jackass dance after a tackle for a loss in a 26-0 blow out that he was on the loosing end of! Find anyone else!

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real???

T-ShirtDynasty said:
was in the process while you were posting. :D

Always on top of things, T-Shirt!

Nice work. ;)

Re: Are you sure it's not April Fools???

Pats726 said:
Really...I am not one to be critical..BUT?? I have never seen a LB do so little and get such hype..not since Sam Huff have I seen it. Seau is always ON the pile..usually a lot later than making tackles and..always up and pumping his fist like he was the one making the tackle. UGGH!!! I will wait and see what he CAN DO now..and maybe he can prove me wrong..and THAt will be good..but my initial reaction?? NOT very good...
Eh... I kinda thought he was over the hill last year. Hope I'm wrong (if indeed BB pulls the trigger on him).

Great news if true, he would help the team even if it would only be for just a few snaps a game. Plus maybe this would take attention away from all that steroid BS.

I'm kind of shocked by this. I've never been a big Junior fan but for what we are looking for, why not.

He doesn't have to be an All Pro, just fill the need. Interesting.

beantown said:
Seau is NOT a BB player. He is a freelancer who has no idea of gap assignments. I live in San Diego and have watched him run up to the line of scrimmage and jump around like a clown!! He has made a name by being a showboat. I have seen him do his jackass dance after a tackle for a loss in a 26-0 blow out that he was on the loosing end of! Find anyone else!

If he wasn't a BB type player he wouldn't be coming here.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm kind of shocked by this. I've never been a big Junior fan but for what we are looking for, why not.

He doesn't have to be an All Pro, just fill the need. Interesting.

Right on. Between Seau, Brown, Banta-Cain, Beisel, and Gardner, I think there's enough ammunition to fill that #4 hole, as well as the main backup roles.

He is not A BB player, just watch! I can figure this out. I thought a deal with Dallas was comming. I have seen this guy play week in and week out. He at this point in his career is much more hype than player. To say he MUST be a BB type player is to say that BB has never made an error in judgement. Who was the corner we signed last year who was afraid of contact. His name escapes me.

This is just like the Pheifer signing and the Brian Cox signing.
Guys at the end of their careers and are thought of as washed up.
This could work out well for us.

Oh, and you just know Rodney is behind the scenes on this, too.

Re: Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?

363839 said:
Seriously, I think Junior, even at this stage of his career, is better than anybody else we have lining up with Tedy.
Except of course for Vrabel. But I'd rather have him on the outside.
Bingo, we got bingo! But I doubt if he has enough speed left to play outside. Does this mean we release Chad Brown?

Last edited:

363839 said:
This is just like the Pheifer signing and the Brian Cox signing.
Guys at the end of their careers and are thought of as washed up.
This could work out well for us.

Oh, and you just know Rodney is behind the scenes on this, too.
Yeah, Cox and Harrison are who came to mind for me. Cox comparing Seau as a player, if nothing else he has that charisma and emotion and Harrison probably had a words or two to say to Belichick about playing with him.

BYE BYE BEISEL.

We never really got to know you, but after watching last season I think it's better that way!

Other than the guys wearing number 54, 52, and 59 (thats colvin right?), Seau is better than the rest. I love the move, he is a veteran and if he plays even just acceptable, we can move Vrabel back to where he plays best.

either way the signing doesnt hurt. if he isnt fit enough during training camp , he wont make the roster, if he does then like other said, better the don davis and other guys or just depth to play a few downs or even special teams.

Could this mean no trade with Dallas?

I can't believe this move. This must be an act of desperation. I guess it may be
a combination of
- the youngens not working out too well
- Bruschi injury may be longer term than expected
- and Beisel not doing as well as expected.

Many of us been saying ILB is a big weakness ... this signing, if it goes down,
is verification of that but I can't see Seau being the answer.
Who knows ... may be BB will work his magic again. Just can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye