PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Pace calls out Refs for loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIIW, Mike Periera of FoxSports and former head of officiating says it was the correct call to reverse the call:

Twitter

Someone should retweet that to Simms so he can correct his mistake and possibly explain the rule to Calvin Pace...and the JETS fans among the millions of viewers who had to sit through his massacre of the call yesterday...

The replay shows Branch was touched on the shoulder while his knee was down, and didn't lose control of the ball until after that. That makes him down by contact. What's so hard to understand?

It's called accountability, and the Jets obviously lack it. Just like the Ravens' defenses always did under Rex.

That's it, thank you.

You don't think a another officiating would have called it differently? Remember the call on the field was a fumble. They could have just said there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.
Pats players don't complain about refs because of the coach, not because they don't want to.
No. It was incontrovertible visual evidence.
You can't say there wasn't enough evidence when there was.

Pats players aren't sitting around wishing they could complain about the refs but are dictated not to, they are coached in a way that they have learned they are accountable to winning or losing games and blaming the refs is a lame way to escape accountability.

I understand why a jet player or fan would be upset with that call. Branch was trying to get up and run into the end zone when he fumble the ball. If he didn't fumble and was able to get into the end zone , its all good. But he fumbles, now he's suddenly down by contact. That play shows the unfairness in the rules when talking about offense against defense. So, I'm not surprised that a defensive player is upset with that call. I bet if u ask the pats defensive players in private, they would side with pace.
What are you talking about?
If he got up and scored he still would have been down by contact.
This has nothing to do with rules favoring offense or defense.
When a player is down and touched, the play is over, whether he gains 3 more yards, loses 3, fumbles, scores a Td or lays down the ball is dead at the spot he is touched.
I don't think you understand the rules.

If he got up and ran into the end zone the ball would have brought back to where he was down by contact.

I'm actually a pats fan. You would be complaining if that was the pats on the other side of that call. The call benefited the patriots, so its easy for you to react the way u are.
So u're saying if a TD was taken away from branch in that situation because of a down by contact call, u wouldn't complain?
BTW, why are u bashing the yankees given the way the redsox season ended?

Folammz, you are so confused, it's pathetic.

The "Call" didn't benefit the Patriots. The "Call" was a fumble. The VIDEO EVIDENCE overturned the "call".

The knee was down, the player was in contact with the opposing player.

WHAT'S TO COMPLAIN ABOUT???????????????????????

If you or ANY player on ANY team have anything to complain about, complain to God!!!!!

It wasn't a judgement call, dude. It's right there on the videotape.

And, yes anyone taking a cursory look at your posting history can see clearly you are no Patriots fan, so give up the charade. It ain't working.

Last edited:
Re: The Definitive Deion Branch Play Reversal Thread

That won't stop the Jets' fans/players/coaches from looking for anything other than the Jets to blame for their loss, but that is 100% correct. There is no gray area here: Branch was down by contact, and anyone who is unwilling/unable to acknowledge that is either stupid, blind, or disingenuous.

Folammz, you are so confused, it's pathetic.

The "Call" didn't benefit the Patriots. The "Call" was a fumble. The VIDEO EVIDENCE overturned the "call".

The knee was down, the player was in contact with the opposing player.

WHAT'S TO COMPLAIN ABOUT???????????????????????

If you or ANY player on ANY team have anything to complain about, complain to God!!!!!

It wasn't a judgement call, dude. It's right there on the videotape.

And, yes anyone taking a cursory look at your posting history can see clearly you are no Patriots fan, so give up the charade. It ain't working.

Exactly. Folamzz isn't a pats fan. He says he is, but it's pretty clear that he isn't if you read a couple of his posts. He's been doing this for a long time. There are lotsa contrarians/sky-is-falling types around here, but he's not even one of those. He's just a really, really, painfully obvious troll pretending to be a Pats fan. Doesn't help his case that he only shows up like twice a year.

Last edited:
Someone should retweet that to Simms so he can correct his mistake and possibly explain the rule to Calvin Pace...and the JETS fans among the millions of viewers who had to sit through his massacre of the call yesterday...

Simms was a disgrace yesterday, between that, saying Welker is the one who ran into Cro in the End Zone, how great Revis is while they're showing a replay of him holding!

The replay shows Branch was touched on the shoulder while his knee was down, and didn't lose control of the ball until after that. That makes him down by contact. What's so hard to understand?

Wait, wait, wait. What is this 'down by contact'? Is this one of those fancy new rules the NFL is always coming up with? /

You don't think a another officiating would have called it differently? Remember the call on the field was a fumble. They could have just said there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.
Pats players don't complain about refs because of the coach, not because they don't want to.

No

Proof is in post #42

Last edited:
Simms was a disgrace yesterday, between that, saying Welker is the one who ran into Cro in the End Zone, how great Revis is while they're showing a replay of him holding!
Meh, the guy's got to talk for 3 1/2 hours straight, undoubtedly some stupid things will come out of anyone's mouth after that much commentating.

Pace's whining is symptomatic of the cancer that exists in the very soul of the team. Instead of "saying less when you lose" and using the loss as an opportunity to address weaknesses and improve as individuals and as a team, loser teams and players rationalize bad events as "happening to them" rather than forming a plan and taking focused personal action to improve.

Very insightful.

right after Pace's tearful diatribe, Wrecks got the team together for a group photo...

crying_babies_black_ethnic_male_f_4.png

right after Pace's tearful diatribe, Wrecks got the team together for a group photo...

Where he proceeded to ask the question...

Last edited:

I hope this isn't a subtle slam at the E Trade baby. My little girls love that baby.

You should go over to Jets Insider....damn homers said the refs are ...horrible and are against them......... just another version of the
CRYING GAME........

Meh, the guy's got to talk for 3 1/2 hours straight, undoubtedly some stupid things will come out of anyone's mouth after that much commentating.

Yeah why would I expect someone who works like 10 hours a week to know the rules of the game he is commenting on and played for so many years.

I don't mind him having stupid opinions, I mind him having no clue about the rules. Dungy comes to mind with his continued and foolish insistence that the Giants play should have been a fumble.

I hope this isn't a subtle slam at the E Trade baby. My little girls love that baby.

The E-Trade baby is way too smart to be a Jet and has appeared during several Superbowls which the Jets certainly can't claim.

Didn't one of the Jets say last year that they were like the Miami Heat of the NBA?

Perhaps yesterday proves that is indeed correct...I bet their locker room was like this at 7:00pm last night.

rupaul-crying-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back