PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Pace calls out Refs for loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace's whining is symptomatic of the cancer that exists in the very soul of the team. Instead of "saying less when you lose" and using the loss as an opportunity to address weaknesses and improve as individuals and as a team, loser teams and players rationalize bad events as "happening to them" rather than forming a plan and taking focused personal action to improve.

You guys are on "Pace" for another series of losses after the Miami game:)

You giving them the Miami game? I'm not. Sporano has an extra week to prepare and he's coaching for his job. They won at NY last year. Miami plays better on the road anyway. I see a very, very close game. Don't be shocked if Miami pulls the upset.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is Rex Ryan for you. Everyone on their team takes after their loudmouth coach. He doesn't have a censor, so no one on their team has a censor.

Least professional team in the league. I actually feel somewhat bad for a few of my close friends from college who are Jets fans. It is an embarrassment to them.

Pace is right, they did have a bad game I mean look at the 4 man wedge and clipping on the McKnight return and the illegal contact every passing down by Revis...and the things he's complaining about weren't even wrong! The PI calls were all PI and the fumble was CLEARLY down by contact.

Officials make mistakes, sure they missed things for both teams but what he's complaining about were as clear as you get when it comes to throwing a flag.

Moron.

I was wondering if it was just me that noticed that. I had assumed they changed the rule again so it is now legal to have those wedges.

Their coach acts liked he is entitled to a SB Championship.
Of course when they fail they need excuses. It comes from the top down. We deserve to win because we are the best because we said so, therefore if we lose we must have been screwed.

The first PI was so ticky-tacky. But there were at least half a dozen times when they should have called PI or illegal contact, and didn't. Jets defenders are usually good about getting away with contacting Pats receivers, but today they went a little too far.

im shocked, absolutely shocked

On one of the Jets longest running plays, it sure looked like Mangold blocked our player in the back right as he was about to hit the runner in the backfield.

Calvin Pace Pace 19.....must be

I was wondering if it was just me that noticed that. I had assumed they changed the rule again so it is now legal to have those wedges.

Nope. it's still illegal. I mentioned it in the post game thread last night..

Also mentioned it on Bedard's blog this morning since that was one of the issues Bedard claimed the Pats had..

In all likelihood, Pace will be called in to the principal's office and given a slap on the wrist ($5K fine)

Right after the play I did a quick rewind and played it in slow motion and paused at a clip where Branch's knee is down and a Jet's defender has his hand on his shoulder clearly putting him down by contact. Only after that does Branch move the ball to his other hand and then the defender knocks it out. Simms was off base and so is Pace. If they play the game on NFL Rewind pause it and it's so clear it isn't even funny. They have zero to stand on with this one.

Isn't it hard to understand....that the Jets won't man-up to a loss to the Patriots.... get over it and

Attachments

• toe.jpg
    toe.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 232
I thought we got away with one PI call. I think it was Hernandez over the middle.

But I don't see how the Jets or their fans can possibly whine about the two challenges. Plex's foot was definitely over the line. It wasn't even close. The second I saw the reply I immediated relaxed. Same with the Branch fumble. As soon as they showed the reply I was like, "oh, ha no big deal."

I guess they need some excuse.

The worst part about this horrible call is that the fumble that wasn't was also the reason we ran BJGE down their ******* throats on our final drive. If only that fumble was called right surely they would have been able to tackle and play Run D when they knew the run was coming right?

It was a close call.

I can understand why it was ruled a fumble. Yes, he was down by contact, but probably for less than a second, and the ball came out after his knee was down, but he was not flat on the ground. If you were on the field during the play, not sure you would have had the benefit of multiple angles of super slow motion. Thankfully it was reviewed and the right call made.

After frustrating games here, I have seen plenty of us grumble about incompetent officiating. Go back and check the Bills post game thread, or the Jets play-off loss. We don't have quite the emotional investment a player does. It's great when players say that one call didn't change the outcome, and they have to play better. It's hard to blame them when they occasionally spout off like we do. It's strange to see people find this 'hilarious' when there's so much of that from our end, pointing out holding on Revis or against Hernandez. "They hit Brady's head!" "They held Wilfork!" "That was never pass interference!" Nature of the game, I think.

You giving them the Miami game? I'm not. Sporano has an extra week to prepare and he's coaching for his job. They won at NY last year. Miami plays better on the road anyway. I see a very, very close game. Don't be shocked if Miami pulls the upset.

You do know that on again off again Henne is not playing. Miami just lost their half a QB who WAS 3rd best in the AFCE.

You guys need to stop criticizing pace. If we were on the other side of that call, pats fans would be saying the same thing like the jets are. Pats fans are still complaining about the pass interference from the AFC game against the colts. The call yesterday was a close call that may have called differently by another officiating crew.

You guys need to stop criticizing pace. If we were on the other side of that call, pats fans would be saying the same thing like the jets are. Pats fans are still complaining about the pass interference from the AFC game against the colts. The call yesterday was a close call that may have called differently by another officiating crew.

It is one thing for the fans to complain. It is another thing for players to complain to the press. Players shouldn't whine to the press like that.

BTW, the league admitted that the refs made the wrong call in the AFC Championship. I doubt they will do the same on this call.

Fans are not players. Fans do not win or lose games. An observer whining about refs is crying because he wanted his team to win. A PLAYER whining about refs is abdicating accountability.

Also, SOME fans whining about refs does not mean all do.
How is it right to say that since some Patsfans whine about refs then all Patsfans are not allowed to criticize whining by the refs?

Finally, you are out of your mind if you think any crew would have not called that no fumble on review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call