PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye Week Roster Moves? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot IR a healthy player.

Not to be cynical, but we've used IR to redshirt young guys in the past, and would do it again this year with Vereen if forced to. We'd just call it a hamstring, or whatever.

Last edited:
Not to be cynical, but we've used IR to redshirt young guys in the past, and would do it again this year with Vereen if forced to. We'd just call it a hamstring, or whatever.

And you think the league wouldn't investigate that? "Stashing" players on IR isn't as simple as you think it is.

In preseason, I suggested that Vereen might be IR'ed because of his late development (and when he had an actual hamstring injury), and they didn't do that. If they didn't do it then, they aren't going to do it now, in my opinion.

I can't believe some people would suggest cutting woodhead, insane

thank you! what that guy does for this team is so much. he does everything the team ask for, and excels at it. he earned that roster spot and his playing time.

Bill Belichick and his staff evaluate this team on a weekly basis.

Should we as fans not also do the same?

The least you could do is be logical about it. Nothing you posted made a modicum of sense..

Moore and Ventrone were released, opening up 2 roster spots. They then turned around and used one of the roster spots for Phillip Adams. So they are only at 52.

Faulk will be on the main roster as will Brace. Deaderick, when healthy, should also be on the main roster. Cannon is the only question mark as to his status. He could be IRed. He can't be put on the PS unless he's waived first and he will not make it through waivers.

As for players who may lose their roster spot, I really wish that people would actually think before just throwing crap at the wall. Tracy White is the Pats best Special Team LB, bar none. He's not getting cut.

Tarpinian, Molden, Adams, Guyton, D. Gronk, Barrett, Brown, D. Thomas. That is the list of players who are likely to get cut to free up roster spots. And yes, I put Guyton there because of his pi$$ POOR play on Sunday..

Unless, of course, you end up with people going to the IR. Which could potentially happen with Dowling and Vollmer. It would absolutely suck, but the potential is there.

With all due respect to how Brady is feeling, I just don't see how Faulk makes the roster. We already have four competent RBs who have done their jobs pretty well so far (and all of them are integrated into ST).

They are just starting to install Vereen into the game plan (he was part of the max protect package yesterday) so why would he suddenly then be stashed on IR?

Faulk can do Kick Returns and Punt Returns for special teams.

The Pats have carried 5 RB/FB for numerous years despite what we fans have thought. It's likely that Vereen becomes a game day inactive.

I don't see Vereen "being stashed" anywhere. That's just the uneducated talking. He's not injured. The Pats would probably lose a draft pick again if they were to attempt to "stash" him.

Things not looking bright for Faulk. Only way he gets on team would be if a WR is cut. How has Slatter performed in ST this season? Other than yesterday?

Slater has been the second best STer behind Tracy White.

Again what impact has Woodhead made this year. I want to see Faulk practice but most people on here want him cut before anyone can see what he has left.

You clearly haven't watched any games if you are asking "What impact has Woodhead made this year".

Too many RBs on the roster. You need to man up and cut a RB if you activate Faulk who is essentially Woodhead but Brady's butt buddy

Sorry, PWP, but the Pats have regularly carried 5 RBs during the BB era. Don't see why they can't right now.

No offense to Faulk, but I'm pretty sure he'd be the worst kick returner in the league if he were actually doing it.

Based on what?

If there is one thing that is for certain, people with ACL injuries are coming back and are at 100% or even better than before. Welker is. There are others in the league that have better cutting ability as well since their ACLs..

Let's see what Faulk does over the next 3 weeks.

And Faulk would not be any better in KR, unless the cut a receiver I don't see how Faulk makes this team.

If you can't see it, then you are the problem. It's basically and outright refusal on your part to consider that Faulk might be better than people such as Philip Adams, Sergio Brown, Josh Barrett, etc..

Ras I Dowling aka Glass Joe still not practicing. What a pathetic pick, another Belichick disgraceful high second rounder right up there with Chad Jackson.

Brooks Reeds, Jabaal Sheard are two guys who had great weeks and seasons. Both needs for the Pats, both selected AFTER Dowling's corpse. And let's not forget they could have moved up and gotten Watt, Kerrigan, Fairley. By packaging that 2nd 1st round pick and this bum.

If the Patriots do not win it all this year, and the defense is the reason, look no further than this pick as a leading factor.

EL BUSTO. EL BUSTO. EL BUSTO. When the hell is Belichick going to learn on these oft-injured college players. 33rd overall pick should be on the effing field. He should provide an impact.

You seriously need to put your head in a toilet and just flush it a hundred times. Your ignorance is astounding.

Yes, when they've actually had injuries..

Sorry, PWP, but the Pats have regularly carried 5 RBs during the BB era. Don't see why they can't right now.

This year they have an extra QB taking up a 53. And a full slate of WRs. Meanwhile the D as ever is full of hurt people.

That said I'm re-thinking the 5 because Faulk is a good punt returner. We need Welker out of there and Edelperson tends to miss a few games here and there. I don't buy a mystery hangnail injury for IR Vereen.

This year they have an extra QB taking up a 53. And a full slate of WRs. Meanwhile the D as ever is full of hurt people.

That said I'm re-thinking the 5 because Faulk is a good punt returner. We need Welker out of there and Edelperson tends to miss a few games here and there. I don't buy a mystery hangnail injury for IR Vereen.

I'm expect that MgTeich will offer up multiple roster scenarios in a thread tonight or tomorrow.

Not to be cynical, but we've used IR to redshirt young guys in the past

When, exactly?

People keep saying this, and I keep asking: can you name a young, apparently healthy player who was "stashed" or "redshirted" on IR then brought back to the roster the next year?

When, exactly?

People keep saying this, and I keep asking: can you name a young, apparently healthy player who was "stashed" or "redshirted" on IR then brought back to the roster the next year?

Chad Jackson's agent claimed that Chad was stashed om IR while able to play

No, I don't believe he was able

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes