PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye Week Roster Moves? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting on the start of business on Tuesday morning after Week 6 the NFI/PUP guys are on two seperate, sequential clocks.

Clock 1: 3 weeks for the Patriots to allow the player to start practicing.
Clock 2: Once the player starts practicing, they have three weeks to either make the Active 53 or get sent to the IR or cut if he can pass a physical.

Guys can start practicing tomorrow without corresponding cuts. If they are all healthy, that is what I expect to happen and the activation to be dependet on the injury/match-up situations (for instance I think Brace is a good fit to play against the Steelers if he is physically good to go)
I think it depends on which of these guys are healthy. I think Pats have 2 or 3 weeks after bringing them off PUP to activate them.

I think if they do release Faulk they keep him around as a glorified assistant position coach so he can continue to mentor the young RB's.

Given that Cannon had no off-season and no training camp I can't see him making an impact until next year.

The way we lose DL I'm sure Brace and Deadrick will come in handy at some point.

I wonder if Vereen isn't exactly awe inspring at practice to at least give him a few series out there,it appears he is not injured.

Re: Minor Changes Possible To Offense

I think that we could simply add Cannon and/or Faulk, if the need is there.

I am a strong supporters for carrying special teams aces. But surely, we don't need ALL these special teamers, in addition to Slater.

White
Tarp
Brown
Ventrone
Molden
Moore

If we had to make room, releasing Molden and/or Moore would make more sense to me.

I can easily see Cannon to IR, and Moore & Molde released/trade, etc. That's right off the top of my head. Maybe there's other options too. Ventrone? He's almost a turnstile player anyway.

Brady wants Faulk back, and he has an added dimension that other teams are forced to respect, even at his age. If he is good to go, I fully expect him in uniform sooner rather than later.

My intuition tells me that Vareen's injury from training has lingered more than any of us know and that the prudent thing to do may be to shut him down :eek: Faulk will give Brady another third down weapon.

It will be interesting what happens with the defensive line - I think we have two bodies for one spot. My hope is that Brace take a step forward so that he can put in some quality snaps and cut down on Big Vince's workload. I think Brace fits better as a sub for Vince although Brace may have better skills at getting at the passer...

I wonder if Vereen isn't exactly awe inspring at practice to at least give him a few series out there,it appears he is not injured.

Vereen has won the coveted "best practice player" black jersey a few times.

Can the "redshirt Vereen" advocates please supply an example of an apparently healthy rookie who was placed on IR early in the season to "stash" him because he was too valuable to cut, as demonstrated by him making the team the next year? Otherwise I'll keep assuming this phenomenon doesn't exist.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Bye Week Roster Moves

Can the "redshirt Vereen" advocates please supply an example of an apparently healthy rookie who was placed on IR early in the season to "stash" him because he was too valuable to cut, as demonstrated by him making the team the next year? Otherwise I'll keep assuming this phenomenon doesn't exist.

Thanks!

They faked the Watson injury!

cast.jpg

Thanks!

taylor price??? maybe im wrong though..I think he might have played against the Dolphins in that last game

NO WAY is Faulk cut. Cannon and Deadrick and/or Brace will be IR'ed. Maybe all three.

With all due respect to how Brady is feeling, I just don't see how Faulk makes the roster. We already have four competent RBs who have done their jobs pretty well so far (and all of them are integrated into ST).

They are just starting to install Vereen into the game plan (he was part of the max protect package yesterday) so why would he suddenly then be stashed on IR?

They have as long as 6 weeks to make any moves (3 weeks to come off PUP and practice and then 3 weeks to be activated or IR'd or cut...). As Bill pointed out to the media today. As well as acknowledging that while players generally come off PUP if ready they can adjust that to accommodate roster needs. And it's less likely anyone comes off PUP before next week since after Tuesday and Wednesday practice this week players are off for 5 consecutive days. So it's likely no one's practice with the team clock starts here before next Tuesday. Injuries also have a way of taking care of roster spots.

Things not looking bright for Faulk. Only way he gets on team would be if a WR is cut. How has Slatter performed in ST this season? Other than yesterday?

From Mike Reiss per twitter

"Patriots announce that CB Sterling Moore and S Ross Ventrone have been waived. Both special teamers. Both practice squad eligible."

That opens 2 roster spots.

Yes I know he has been hurt, but what has Woodhead provided this yr that a healthy Kevin Faulk can not? I am not saying cut Woodhead but I think Faulk can provide what Woodhead does and I think is a better blocker on the pass rush.

Also the Raiders need a QB with Campbell's injury. Any shot Mallet/Hoyer get traded?

Don't want our players on any AFC teams. No thank you.

Why? If it is for good compensation I have no problem trading a player to AFC teams. BB traded a QB in his own division, traded another QB with in conference.

Yes I know he has been hurt, but what has Woodhead provided this yr that a healthy Kevin Faulk can not? I am not saying cut Woodhead but I think Faulk can provide what Woodhead does and I think is a better blocker on the pass rush.

Well, Woodhead runs a 4.3 as opposed to Faulk's 4.6. And he was the most effective RB per-touch last season. And he has actually played in the last year, unlike Faulk.

I love Faulk, but about all he has on Woodhead right now is experience, and even then, he's going to be rusty after not playing since Week 2 last year.

Well, Woodhead runs a 4.3 as opposed to Faulk's 4.6. And he was the most effective RB per-touch last season. And he has actually played in the last year, unlike Faulk.

I love Faulk, but about all he has on Woodhead right now is experience, and even then, he's going to be rusty after not playing since Week 2 last year.

Again what impact has Woodhead made this year. I want to see Faulk practice but most people on here want him cut before anyone can see what he has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back