PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Adalius Thomas out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it the Pats have replaced alot of key players and continue to win. I am sure they will do the same with Thomas.

How many more season-ending injuries can this team endure??? it's getting ridiculous already :(

Jets lifer immediately runs to the board to spread his idiotic brand of hysteria...any mention of the dominant victory over a division rival?...no...just chest thumping about how he was the first to break this BIG story...I hate little girl scary mary undercover Rat trolls

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of Free Agents? I can't find one online.
I still wonder about Roosevelt Colvin. The Texans cut him and he's a FA which doesn't speak well for him but he must have been somewhat healthy for them to sign him. That was a few months ago, if he's healthy he would surely be our best option.

This is yet another loss that this team must adjust to. I am, like this team, confident that they will adjust.

My question is, what will BB and Pioli do?

*Seau- he played ILB for us, but he has played OLB in his career

*Colvin- FA that knows the system

*Redd- has he impressed enough on the PS? It would be great to see a 3rd UDFA play big for this team.

*Hobson-the team got to see him as an ILB, can he come back to play OLB?

My $$/heart is on Seau. I would like to see his energy back on this defense.

As bad as this news is, I feel like this team (OK, what's left of it) has shown a remarkable ability to pull together admid adversity.

I STILL wouldn't bet against these guys making it to the playoffs and then using their bad MF attitude to do some real post season damage.

Once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0.

OK, that being said, I'd say Adalius is the LAST guy I wanted to see go down. He's been making guys around him better all year. But don't write these guys off just yet.

As bad as this news is, I feel like this team (OK, what's left of it) has shown a remarkable ability to pull together admid adversity.

I STILL wouldn't bet against these guys making it to the playoffs and then using their bad MF attitude to do some real post season damage.

Once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0.

OK, that being said, I'd say Adalius is the LAST guy I wanted to see go down. He's been making guys around him better all year. But don't write these guys off just yet.

While losing Thomas is a big hit, he certainly is not the LAST guy I would want to see go down.

I believe it; I just saw footage of him playing and the arm was dangling around...kind of like Seau a few years ago when he broke his forearm. Pretty gruesome.

Re: Adalius Thomas update

no you didn't, I heard Stearns say it at 10:18 on fox news, nice try.

Hey now. Patslifer needs to be right SOMETIME in his life. Let this be it.. Maybe he'll go away then, though I won't hold my breath.

More time for Woods and Guyton. Don't really think Colvin will be back, as it would be just for 1/2 a season, which he probably wouldn't want. IMO, the boat has sailed on Colvin, in BB's eyes, at least.

This one hurts bad--losing our MVP on defense--but we've shown so much resiliency already you can't help but think we can overcome this as well. If Colvin or Seau can still play at anything resembling NFL caliber football, obviously BB and Pioli will take a serious look at both.

What the heck is up with all the injuries in the NFL this year? Has it ever been this bad? If it keeps up like this I'd be for giving steroids and HGH another look. And yes, I'm being [partly] facetious.

This latest injury really set the Patriots up to say FU to all the haters.

Help me out - we're now without our starting QB, starting RB, starting S, starting and very versitile LB, lost our starting CB from last year, are thin in the DB, RB and elsewhere.

What am I forgetting?

As much as I would have liked to see the Patriots make history last year, this year they're setting themselves up to make a whole different type of history of winning despite all those losses.

More time for Woods and Guyton. Don't really think Colvin will be back, as it would be just for 1/2 a season, which he probably wouldn't want. IMO, the boat has sailed on Colvin, in BB's eyes, at least.

Well, its definitely more time for Woods, but the Pats WILL need to add another OLB to the roster. They only have 2 currently. And they only have 3 ILBs who actually spend time on the field at the position.

Seau could be a choice and he might be able to line up outside.

I think that, the situation being what it is, Colvin is a choice.

Crable, would have been the first choice, had he not be IRed already.

Yes, this is a huge loss for the patriots. The loss of Thomas may cause us to run more 4-3, using Green more. This won't be a major change, but will reduce our defensive options.

However, the replacement as far as reps is Woods, not a free agent.

We now have five linebackers who will be taking almost all the reps: Vrabel, Woods, Bruschi, Mayo and Guyton.

Alexander (still hurt) and Izzo are special teamers and don't get reps at linebacker.

I do agree that we should consider the Practice Squad and free agency in deciding which TWO linebackers to add to the 53 to replace Crable and Thomas on the roster. I expect that Redd will be brought up and a healthy free agent if we can find one.

Under some circumstances, we might look to help from the safeties. Unfortunately, we don't have any backups there: Meriweather and Sanders are all there is.

The bottom line is that we have used all our life lines at QB, RB, LB and S. We are very, very thin for the jets game. Also, we don't have backups at FB and TE (just the two we use regularly).

ONE OPTION
Bring in Seau and have Bruschi, Guyton or Mayo take some reps at OLB.

Damn, can't sugarcoat this one, i am depressed as hell and the Jets just lucked out because Ad killed the Jets the last game.

Seau comes back, Colvin gets a tryout?

Unbelievable. This season has been insane injury wise.

Tank's injury in pre-season is now HUGE. At the time, I basically didn't care.

Crable, would have been the first choice, had he not be IRed already.

Maybe this has already been discussed, but do we know if Crable's injury was legitimately season-ending? Worst luck possible if he was IRed to make room for Webster.

The bottom line is that we have used all our life lines at QB, RB, LB and S. We are very, very thin for the jets game. Also, we don't have backups at FB and TE (just the two we use regularly).

Not to be overly facetious, but exactly how many teams have two good backup options at QB, let alone one?

And, as far as RB goes, I would imagine--based on all the chatter before this game (which had Jordan and Morris working out this morning)--that at least one of them will be good to go at least part-time this Thursday.

And no team in their right minds has true backups at FB. Worst comes to worst, the Pats just put an extra OL out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft