PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Adalius Thomas out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hear the name 'Chad Brown' come up this week as a visit for a possible return I will throw up

Brown sucks

I think I've become immune to injuries this season now.

It's become less of a "I can't believe this happened" and more of a "When's the next one coming?"

I don't see Seau coming back, or Rosie. I would expect Bill would try to remake Archuleta back into a linebacker (ASU) before those guys showed up. But who knows?

I am pushing for Kendrell Bell right now if we go shopping.

I think I've become immune to injuries this season now.
It's become less of a "I can't believe this happened" and more of a "When's the next one coming?"

I gotta agree with you, since Brady went down on week one, it seems that every week somebody has gone down with a injury.

Crable and now Thomas? Man, that stinks big time.

Not alot of great options on this one.

Well whether R. Colvin comes back or not, he was a cap cut.
Before he got hurt last year I thought he could still bring it.

This season, in terms of injuries, is starting too look like 2005. Hopefully, this year's results will be better than 2005.

Here is the list of players on the Pats IR:

Tom Brady - starting QB
Laurence Maroney - starting RB
Rodney Harrison - starting SS
Adalius Thomas - Starting OLB (if this turns out to be true)
Tank Williams - Reserve SS
Barry Stokes - Reserve OL
Anthony Clement - Reserve OL
Bo Ruud - reserve ILB
Shawn Crable - Resere OLB
Kenny Smith - Reserve DL
Ryan O'Callaghan - Reserve OL

If I've missed anyone, please feel free to add them.

Clement got an injury settlement about a month back.

Stokes and Smith will probably get some too before everything's all said and done.

Last edited:
Maybe this has already been discussed, but do we know if Crable's injury was legitimately season-ending? Worst luck possible if he was IRed to make room for Webster.

I was thinking the same thing. :mad:

Well if there is any team that can overcome injury;s its this team, but its hard to believe the magnitude of the inj to key people

Brady- the franchise
Maroney- there some debate if this was a blessing;)
Harrison- carrer done
and now Thomas- one of the few lb we can afford to lose...

I just want to beat the jets and dolphins the next 2 games.. after that who knows, but Belichick will scheme differently. Inj are a part of the game, but I think this has been ridicoulus..

Channel 5 (WCVB) is also reporting this, by the way, citing his friend as its source.

This news put a damper on a great day yesterday:(

AD helped put Bru in such a better position to succeed, he was full time, and he was really beginning to shine out there. d%#*!@t:mad: His presence and abilities brought our LB corps back to life.

Huge loss...we've overcome them before though...not sure Woods can fill the bill. Maybe Seau gets the call, Rosie might not be out of the realm of possibility either.

We'll soon see I guess. Crap. :cool:

when will it end? When all of the starters are actually backups?
my goodness, what a bad year for injuries.

Heal up AD, see you next season.

I don't see Seau coming back, or Rosie. I would expect Bill would try to remake Archuleta back into a linebacker (ASU) before those guys showed up. But who knows?

I am pushing for Kendrell Bell right now if we go shopping.

trust me you do not want Adam Archuletta on this team.

I live in Illinois and got to watch him on Chicago. he would repeatedly get run over and his pass coverage was beyond horrendous. He was too weak to stop the run and way too slow to stop the pass. meaning he's worthless

I still go watch the games with my buddies that are Bears fans and they still say "hey put Archuletta in" as a joke that never gets old. he was seriously that bad.

Staring at Linebacker.....number 80......Troy Brown!

More time for Woods and Guyton. Don't really think Colvin will be back, as it would be just for 1/2 a season, which he probably wouldn't want. IMO, the boat has sailed on Colvin, in BB's eyes, at least.

This is what I was thinking too. They made a point to talk about Guyton's ability to play all 4 LB positions so I think we might see Woods and Guyton sharing snaps at OLB.

What the heck is up with all the injuries in the NFL this year? Has it ever been this bad? .....[partly] facetious.

I see you haven't been around here too long. But if you can remember, one
year PATs had 44 or so different starters in one season.
They won the Superbowl that year.;)
( of course they didn't lose TB that year )

There may be a silver lining in the loss of A.Thomas. Time will tell

More time for Woods and Guyton. Don't really think Colvin will be back, as it would be just for 1/2 a season, which he probably wouldn't want. IMO, the boat has sailed on Colvin, in BB's eyes, at least.

Good points :agree: (Guilty of skimming this thread to avoid all the chest thumping:D) but Guyton and Woods might just be the way BB will roll, at least for now. I wouldn't rule out Seau's possible return at some point but Woods and Guyton could be the immediate answer.

What the Hell? :mad: The injuries just keep piling up. Well so far our backups have stepped up nicely. Lets all hope that trend continues. Damn this sucks though. :mad:

When they , and I mean the pundints bash the Pats draft, its now when our scouting dept excells.. How these late round undrafted FA like a Ray Ventrone, Jarvis green ellis, Cassel, Gyton, will help make our season, and our scouting dept more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back