PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burress: "That was one of the worst officiating I have seen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Burress:"That was one of the worst officiating i have seen"

I agree with him. I still can't believe the officials didn't throw a flag for offensive pass interference on him when he pushed off against Hobbs in the endzone. He should have insisted on being penalized there.

If it had been Moss, another tall receiver, it would likely have been callled.

its 10 yards at the spot of the foul. Toomers hold didnt occur at the line of scrimmage

Are you sure that's correct because I've seen holding down field and they usually take back to the line of scrimmage -10. I recall this happening in the Baltimore game. Also the hold didn't happen ten yards down field that's the only way the could have the exact same down and distance since Jacobs only got about 10 yards on the run.

Last edited:

He has been a cry baby for a long time.
crybaby.jpg

Why are opponents cry babies when they complain about the refs but the Pats can complain about refs calls (for example in Colts games that they lose) and they don't get called out in the same way?

Is it because the Pats never benefit from refs calls and it's only their opponents who get favorable calls that the Pats have to perpetually overcome to win? :rolleyes:

losers always have an excuse

Exactly.

Last edited:
shut up you idiotic troll...16-0...eat that, whackjob

shut up you idiotic troll...16-0...eat that, whackjob

You know you struck a nerve when people resort to personal attacks and name-calling. Your team is 16-0. Enjoy it instead of responding with such anger and immaturity anytime someone doesn't bow down and kiss the Pats ass.

Last edited:

That's the same problem so many of these wannabe teams have, they play the blame game and it's never their fault or because they came up short.

1) DeOssie said he was in the locker room to see Zak and they are taking it pretty hard and there is a good deal of "bitterness". He said he told his son they played a hell of a game but the team that beat them is one of the best he has ever witnessed. He said he hopes in a day or so they come to realize that. ('Cause if they don't, they are toast.)

2) You know, if the Giants were really that good they would play like that every week and perhaps do more than just win enough to keep Coughlin's job for another week. Eli is erratic and he folds under pressure. The players, particularly on defense, makes stupid mistakes in close games that just kill them. Their receivers drop a lot of balls early that kill them late. Until they learn to eat humble pie, and take a long hard look in the mirror, it ain't gonna change in NY. For a copycat league they seem not to have a clue how to follow one of the most significant tenants of the dynasty team in their midst. Check your ego at the door, STFU, do your job, protect the football. Coughlin can't even get half these jerks to adjust their attitude to do the freakin' off season program as a team. And Strahan only wants to play if he can skip TC. Plex hates practice but he's OK to play. They don't have leaders so much as personalities...

1) I'm a little surprised that the NJG are taking this loss so bitterly, when in fact they should take comfort from their effort and, for most of the game, from their execution. They probably played better, and certainly harder, in this loss than they did in half of their 10 wins. And if they don't adjust their attitude during the week, then they will indeed lose to a thoroughly mediocre Tampa Bay club.

2) Just think how disfunctional their locker room would be tonight if Tiki Barber and Shockey were still on the sidelines. And there's a reason that Bill Cowher had no interest in re-signing Burress after the '04 season.

You know you struck a nerve when people resort to personal attacks and name-calling. Your team is 16-0. Enjoy it instead of responding with such anger and immaturity anytime someone doesn't bow down and kiss the Pats ass.

you never do anything but rip and tear at the Patriots every single post you make...seems to me it's YOU that has a HUGE unresolved jealousy issue..how ANY semi-conscious mouthbreather like you can continually show up here and vomit your bile and veiled hatred every single day, relentlessly, is almost beyond any sane person's ability to comprehend. You really need to see a psychiatrist and get into therapy before your vicious, unreasoned hatred explodes on innocent people around you.

I just don't understand why other teams get so worked up and nasty when they lose to NE. If the Ravens would have shown up every week with the fire they played with when they hosted the Pats, they'd be in the playoffs. And if they cared as much about losses to teams like Miami as they did about losing to arguably the best team in recent memory maybe they'd be better off. I don't get it.

Is it somehow a league-wide conspiracy that Brady didn't throw an INT and Eli did? Because you could make a very strong argument that that one INT was the difference, not a call from an official. Eli lost his composure for a bit, and that is why they lost. Brady didn't. That's why NE wins. Not because of officials or cameras or other nonsense. Can't other teams see that?

Last edited:
you never do anything but rip and tear at the Patriots every single post you make...seems to me it's YOU that has a HUGE unresolved jealousy issue..how ANY semi-conscious mouthbreather like you can continually show up here and vomit your bile and veiled hatred every single day, relentlessly, is almost beyond any sane person's ability to comprehend. You really need to see a psychiatrist and get into therapy before your vicious, unreasoned hatred explodes on innocent people around you.

Yeah, what Joker said.

Go cry in a dolts or chargers or cowgirls board, troll. Only people who want the NEP to win have the right to critique their performance, just as loving parents have the right to scold their own children.

Giving a player a 15 yard personal foul for standing there and twittling his thumbs while Brandon Merriweather falls down in front of him would qualify as one of the worst calls ive ever seen, yes

Toomer shouldn't have been called for it, but someone DID trip Meriweather as he walked backwards. If you'd actually watched the replay you could see that. And, the way Meriweather fell it DID look like he was pushed, though he wasn't.

The referee wasn't right there. He'd just got done pushing a Giants' player out of the way in time to see Meriweather going over backwards and Toomer standing above him.

What? Unless im reading you wrong your post is just simply wrong

Pats had 42 yards of penalties tonight. Thats a team record? hard to figure how considering its below their season per game average

Giants didnt lose the game because of the refs. But the Pats did get some calls tonight. If the Giants could have gotten a stop on one of those huge 3rd down plays (the watson catch late in the 3rd with you down 12, or the moss td when butler completely blew the coverage in the 4th) then they could have won. But they didnt

good game, congrats on 16-0, hope we meet again

And the Giants were the beneficiaries of several NON CALLS. As was mentioned, the Burress push-off. But lets not forget the numerous holding calls on the Giants O-line that went uncalled. How else does Jacobs run by guys like Wilfork and they aren't able to get a hand up onto the guy.

Why are opponents cry babies when they complain about the refs but the Pats can complain about refs calls (for example in Colts games that they lose) and they don't get called out in the same way?

Except the Pats didn't complain about the calls. Pats FANS did. Sorry that you aren't bright enough to understand the difference.

Is it because the Pats never benefit from refs calls and it's only their opponents who get favorable calls that the Pats have to perpetually overcome to win? :rolleyes:

EVERY team benefits from Refs calls. The Pats, however, have been screwed in 3 major games. The play-off game against Denver when Hobbs was flagged for pass interference when he didn't touch the game. When Hobbs got speared by Sauerbrun and they didn't make a call. When Troy Brown was interfered with on a fair catch on a punt and they called it a fumble.

Then there was the Colts last year benefiting from another PHANTOM Pass Interference call on Hobbs why that POS Kelvin Hayden basically RAPES Reche Caldwell in the endzone with no call?

That's why you always show up, sanvara. Because losers, like yourself, always have excuses.

How about you show the Pats the respect they deserve and STFU for a change? You sit there and talk about the immaturity of others, yet you troll to your hearts content..

Can the Fizzle Fans REALLY troll a Pats board and expect to be taken seriously?:rolleyes:
Enjoy your first round exit...AGAIN.

how ANY semi-conscious mouthbreather like you can continually show up here and vomit your bile and veiled hatred every single day, relentlessly, is almost beyond any sane person's ability to comprehend. You really need to see a psychiatrist and get into therapy before your vicious, unreasoned hatred explodes on innocent people around you.

Calm down. Take a deep breath. This is a message board, not life and death. There is no need for this type of stress.

Last edited:

The Pats, however, have been screwed in 3 major games. The play-off game against Denver when Hobbs was flagged for pass interference when he didn't touch the game. When Hobbs got speared by Sauerbrun and they didn't make a call. When Troy Brown was interfered with on a fair catch on a punt and they called it a fumble.

Then there was the Colts last year benefiting from another PHANTOM Pass Interference call on Hobbs why that POS Kelvin Hayden basically RAPES Reche Caldwell in the endzone with no call?

Why not just dump Hobbs? He's an average to below average corner and 75% of the egregious calls seem to revolve around him.

They sacrificed their playoffs for us...kinda sweet.

Why not just dump Hobbs? He's an average to below average corner and 75% of the egregious calls seem to revolve around him.

Nice INT by him last night , eh?

Why not dump Rivers? He's a below average to awful QB and 90% of the bullsh*t seems to come from him.

You're right, it must be the champagne. I counted three plays where the play clock ran out and the ball was snapped after the fact (one obvious one) and twice Moss could have been called for offensive PI in the endzone (one a TD, the other incomplete). Now, Im not saying the Gmen didnt get a few calls too, but let's be fair.
As far as the play clock goes..I believe that is NOT the official time..that one of the officials has the time and uses that..it''s more an approximation..(As opposed to the game clock that is...) I say that because this always comes up with Indy and MANY times the clock is near zero and we hear how well...it's close, but teh officials are watching a real one that they have...so..same thomg here...Moss PI?? yes..and how many times were receivers hit and non calls? They were letting things go.. ANF the celebration call that was BS??? Come on add them up...

Wow, now that's splitting hairs. Looked like he got him in the eye to me, but it doesnt really matter. His intent was to get him in the eye. Pretty weak IMO.
Intent>>> THAT is PRETTY weak...and what of the hand to the facemask NOT called on teh Giants when they knocked down Brady?? Intent THAT is VERY weak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe