Best 1st Round Outcome

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Jayden Daniels + Roman Odunze

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
I’m torn between Maye and Daniel’s. I’ll need to read more about them the next few months.
Maye is a statue but good arm. Daniel’s athletic and no fear. He’s the type of guy everyone said years ago is what will ruin scrambling qbs. Daniel’s def surprised me this year

Maye & Daniels sound like better fits than Williams.

That win last night hurt our chances - wish the refs had gotten that punt offsides penalty right and Pitt got a score, but on the other hand this team is a little too proud and talented to lose 10 in a row.

The next 3 games seem like fairly certain L's, but it's tough to picture losing that Jets finale, so probably we're a 4-13 team.
I wouldn’t take Williams under any circumstances.

I’m torn between Maye and Daniel’s. I’ll need to read more about them the next few months.

And in my mind....if we are going to take a SHORT QB....why not just trade for Murray? At least, Murray is semi-proven....

You are that down on Williams?

Sure...I am not crazy about his height...but the kid can make throws...that is for damn sure...

You are that down on Williams?

Sure...I am not crazy about his height...but the kid can make throws...that is for damn sure...
Yes. He is trouble and I see no chance he makes it on the next level.

And in my mind....if we are going to take a SHORT QB....why not just trade for Murray? At least, Murray is semi-proven....
27-33-1 as a starter... doesn't like studying... 0-1 in the playoffs after 5 years in the league... Paid mid 30's per year if I'm reading that right... Semi proven to have done what, actually?

I mean I'd take Williams under the 7th Round draft pick circumstance... maybe even 2nd if I've had enough to drink...

Last night, did you see Corky 10 year old staring down at the ground with the team winning. Miserable B.

He couldn't be happy for the other guys who work hard every week to try and win.
Well he was trying to throw them under the bus in a sorry attempt to deflect blame and salvage some imaginary reputation, plus the team clearly dislikes him. Zach Wilson’s post-game presser controversy was infinitely less worse than Mac’s pathetic ********.

I bet nobody said anything to him in the locker room and he leaves stadiums alone.

27-33-1 as a starter... doesn't like studying... 0-1 in the playoffs after 5 years in the league... Paid mid 30's per year if I'm reading that right... Semi proven to have done what, actually?

That's why I said "Semi-Proven"...hasn't won much, but he can play in the NFL. And the bit about not studying is a media narrative fueled from a clause in his contract that was later removed.....

Pretty compelling argument against him.

That's why I said "Semi-Proven"...hasn't won much, but he can play in the NFL. And the bit about not studying is a media narrative fueled from a clause in his contract that was later removed.....
I'm still trying to find even close to semi... maybe sextus decimus proven? (Had to look that up... I'm not Thelonious). Might as well go with Macky Jonesy who has about the same starter winning % and would be waaayyyy cheaper.

Maye is a statue but good arm. Daniel’s athletic and no fear. He’s the type of guy everyone said years ago is what will ruin scrambling qbs. Daniel’s def surprised me this year

Everything I have seen on Maye says he’s a good athlete. He sounds like he’s more like Burrows and Mahomes, rather than Allen or Richardson, and that’s good enough for me, especially given his passing ability.

Cousins won't exactly be cheap... he has leverage in that he cannot really be franchised again - the cost would be astronomical... and if there is a looming starter waiting in the wings, there is scant chance he would come here if the Vikings decide not to re-up his deal when there are other QB hungry teams out there looking for more than a stop gap starter...

i getcha, and partially agree - nothing beats experience... unless the o-line is over hauled / revamped i don't see the benefit of starting them right away - short term gains are limited, long term benefits are what we are looking for... however, get a few high caliber OL players in free agency & the draft, i would consider it...
“Cousins won’t be cheap” - think about those 4 words while remembering in 12 seasons, “Mr Stat Man” over the course of his 12 year NFL career played in 4 playoff games and won “1”… Passing yardage through the roof (no pun intended) but no thanks, I’ll “pass”…..

Daniels may well end up the 1st pick. I don’t Williams. Size and ego are an issue, he reportedly wants a piece of the team that drafts him.
Not only that but Williams seems very emotional and I can’t stand these meltdowns after the mccorkle era

FYI, I believe SOS takes precedence over Head to Head. Giants/Pats would need to be tied in SOS for it to go there.

Edit: Example is Jets/Giants both at 4-8. Even though they won head to head, Jets still pick just ahead of Giants due to .517 to .519 SOS.
My bad.
Head to Head must be just in playoff or divisional seeding

Until we know for sure where we are picking this is a tough one to answer. Also add in the potential that Harrison JR might not declare - it mucks it all up.

This surge from Jayden Daniels also makes things a little less clear. In some people's opinion he's challenging Maye to be the #2 QB taken.

I'm still undecided but I'm leaning heavily toward one of the qbs. We just don't know when we will be able to take a shot at a qb this high again.

Depends what they are being offered in return. Examples in recent history include:

The 2022 Bears to Panthers Bryce Young trade was 1st overall for 9th overall, 61, 2024 1st and 2025 2nd.
The Dolphins to 49ers Trey Lance trade was 3rd overall for 12 overall, 3rdR and 2021 and 2022 1st rounders.
The 2022 Cardinals to Texans Will Anderson trade was 3rd overall and 4thR for 12th overall, 33rd overall and 2024 1st and 3rdR.
The 2021 Eagles to Dolphins trade was 6th overall and 5thR for 12th overall, a 4thR and 2022 1st.

Those examples would likely increase the chances of longterm return to being a contender, even if not as good in the short term. If someone is offering multiple first rounders to drop less than 10 spots I suspect they will listen. However I would like one of the bluechip WRs, OTs or QBs as a minimum and wouldn't want to drop too far.

There is a lot of free agency first though, and they have good cap space. Ideally they'd get in a position before the draft with adding quality QB+WR+OT to take BPA or best offer available for the long term.
But it depends how they view the QBs in FA and the draft as we absolutely need one, if they feel the franchise guy is there they have to take him.

If I was a betting man, and BB was still at the helm and was a bit younger.... My money would be on a solid vet QB and WRs in FA, a modest trade down for an extra first next year, and draft a blue chip LT in the first, and take a swing at WRs high second. And resign Onwenu, Henry, Stevenson and Duggar.

But BB is in the final stage of his career and may not be here next year, this seasons O has been dire, and we have no QB, so all bets are off.

Personally I'd like BB at the helm for a final year, announce its the final year and go out guns blazing in full-on fu mode. Load up and swing for the fences in FA, get grappo at QB and draft Harrison Jr. But what do I know.

Statue? He was second on the team in rushing yards. He has several plays where he scrambles and has a left-handed throw for a touchdown, on a scramble, has several scrambling shovel passes etc. He moves well, has a better 40 time than Josh Allen.

Was thinking about this one. I've heard the Daniels scenario mentioned in a few places and I like the option, but could you guarantee it - that would be my issue. On the other hand if Williams and Maye are just flat out better then maybe you worry about a WR later.
They are going to need to trade up if they win another game

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back