• Caleb Williams

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Jayden Daniels + Roman Odunze

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
They are going to need to trade up if they win another game
Definitely concerned from a draft standpoint that this win is gonna lead to more wins this next month, that they’ll return to the team we thought they were going into the season.

don't have the full background yet but not sold on williams, nor maye, to be honest if they are in the top3 and not completely sold on either QB (have to be really sure the guy is the real deal) i would without hesitation go for sure fire generation talent WR in Harrison so you set at least that problem, check for trading back late in 1st round if you like some of the other qbs else go with vet or zappe i dont care set the receiver for the next decade and will instantly help any qb starting for pats in future years, build around (ot, wr) and set any future rookie qb in a position to succeed

Statue? He was second on the team in rushing yards. He has several plays where he scrambles and has a left-handed throw for a touchdown, on a scramble, has several scrambling shovel passes etc. He moves well, has a better 40 time than Josh Allen.
I was comparing Maye to Daniel’s. You are correct he is pretty mobile. I think Nix is a bit more mobile than Maye?

don't have the full background yet but not sold on williams, nor maye, to be honest if they are in the top3 and not completely sold on either QB (have to be really sure the guy is the real deal) i would without hesitation go for sure fire generation talent WR in Harrison so you set at least that problem, check for trading back late in 1st round if you like some of the other qbs else go with vet or zappe i dont care set the receiver for the next decade and will instantly help any qb starting for pats in future years, build around (ot, wr) and set any future rookie qb in a position to succeed
Rumor is Harrison isn’t sure about coming out this draft.

He said something to the effect of He has not made that decision yet.
He will be in Top 3. Possibly Number 1.
I would wager big that he cannot refuse that money.
Too much risk on the payday staying in College

He said something to the effect of He has not made that decision yet.
He will be in Top 3. Possibly Number 1.
I would wager big that he cannot refuse that money.
Too much risk on the payday staying in College
What is his NIL money worth if he stays ?

I’d only trade back for a package of picks that could potentially land us both Jayden Daniels and Odunze/Nabers..
That's not happening. Daniels is shooting up draft boards and will be the 3rd qb taken w/o question. No lower than12 and maybe much earlier.
I'd take him over Williams in a heartbeat.
And I might even take him over Maye.
Besides the talent and being skinny, he's tough as nails- unlike Caleb,who's soft as Charmin.
So if the Pats end up at #3, they might be able to trade a few spots back to get Daniels and maybe an additional 2nd round pick. That would be a good draft.
If they stick at 3 then take Harrison unless Maye is available

What is his NIL money worth if he stays ?
1st round money. Not sure if that is top or bottom 1st round.1 year
Top 3 pick in draft will be $35 mil guaranteed.
The way I see it is MHJ should start his Rookie deal as soon as possible
He is so good it is not how much he will make next year but getting one year closer to his non rookie deal
Injuries have a big say in that. So if I were him enter the NFL ASAP

Last edited:
Welp, Daniels just won the Heisman.

He's jinxed.

Now what do we do if Caleb Williams isn't available?

I hope Drake Maye has a great combine/campus day so that the Bears go all in on him.

yep read that as well, if he is there, he should be target #1 in my view, unless as said one of the QBs gives you so much confidence that you have the next Brady, Mahomes etc. if not (Harrison stays out of draft and no sure fire QB you fall in love with), well only than you can consider trading down from the spot to get more picks

regardless the Draft should be BPA first and if it fits your needs even better (WR, OT, QB) first round needs to be offense, defense is already good, get the offense of the modern day game by drafting blue chip players, as said start with WR1 in Harrison

If Williams and Maye go to CHI and ARZ, would you trade for Fields or Murray ?

Jayden daniels stock is skyrocketing, some mocks even have him going before maye now.

The only thing id do besides a qb with our first pick is mhj, But ultimately i would go qb. One of the top 3 will be there, gotta take the opportunity. Youll have plenty chances to address line later on or via trade /fa. Franchise Qb and wr1 are not nearly as readily available.

He’s going to the Draft.
NIL money changes this equation. Pls of course, I'm pretty sure his father has some dough stashed away.

Imagine if you could stay another year in college and get paid a million dollars to do it! I'd become a professional student!

That being said, he is who I want the Pats to target, I would take Daniels over both WIlliams and Trubisky Jr. Sign a veteran QB in the off-season and give him a target like Harrison, if the QB thing doesn't work out, then they will have another high draft pick to go after a QB.

How can I even take a pats fans poll seriously when there is no mention, nor option to choose Mr Lewis and his possible legal foibles ?

Throwing a dart at a QB might be great if you choose Mahomes or Manning. Let’s not forget that even though he was taken in the first round, Mahomes went after quite a few players. Sure, there are many first round QBs starting for their team, but ultimately some will never amount to much and some are only playing because the front office is all in on that player and has too much pride to move on.

I’d much rather be a SF : get as much talent as possible via FA and the draft and find a suitable QB once pieces are in place. Fans poopoo a LT but you tell me how much SF missed Williams during their three game skid and how they looked vs Philly when he and Samuel were on the field…

Trade back. Or get a Harrison / top end OT. And watch Caleb implode his new team with his Otani-like demands on the financial side and his diva-like demands of being a part owner.

Fields, definitely not, he is not good now and development had been stagnant. Too many issues, maybe he works them out in a few years but not worth the gamble. If he was a free agent, but not giving up capital in a trade. There is a reason Chicago is 100% moving on and not trying to add a generational Wide Receiver to pare with him.

If Murray did not have the contract he has, I'd think about it depending on trade cost. ARI would have a huge cap hit, I don't think they trade him, but maybe they trade the pick. However, makes more sense for them to take Harrison to pare with Murray unless they get blown away by someone trading up to 2. Either way Murray is unlikely to be traded.

The QB alternatives to drafting Maye, Wiliams or maybe Daniels is not great. Unless Sanders or Ewers surprisingly declare.
The other draftable QB's are not near those top 2-3 IMO.
The free agents and available trades are underwhelming. Kirk Cousins is the only free agent with career stats putting him above average. Every other free agent rates an historical below average QB.
It'd be great to get Harrison and pair him with a QB capable of being top 10. Hard to see such a scenario presenting itself unless they can get Purdy/Brady/Hurts lucky at the top of round 2 or a trade up to end of round 1. Any QB drafted there looks like they would need to sit a year though.

I think we have bigger problems than QB. If we can't keep Mac upright why do we think we'd do better with another QB?

Mac isn't as bad as this year has made him look (he's not great, don't get me wrong, but he simply isn't 2-9 bad) so to be blunt about it, picking up a premium QB with the roster in this state is a recipe for Carolina style failure. I'd like to trade down into the mid levels of the first and pick up some second and third round picks as well, and use those assets to comprehensively upgrade the offensive line. I think the line, rather than under center, is our most pressing issue right now, and the salvation of the franchise is found there.

Frankly I'd be happy to bring in a journeyman QB for a few years, someone like Jacoby Brissett who's not gonna give us false hope but is professional and smart and a good leader to develop a team around. Brissett won't take us to the promised land but frankly we're a few years away from that anyway and he DOES have a good track record of leadership and motivating the rest of his team to play well. He's a good piece on a developing team. I'll be happy with that until the rest of the roster is in better shape.

Of course that depends on using the draft assets well in other areas, bolstering the team up the middle on both sides of the ball, especially at OL, and building the kind of solid rushing game that you need to make someone like Brissett work. But at the moment we simply aren't a QB away from contention regardless of who we draft.

They will win one or two more games this year for sure. Our draftpick will be around the 5th pick. Taking that as a fact, i would prefer to TRADE back.

Fields, yeah. I think he's salvageable. Murray's contract is ridiculous, and Arizona would have to eat most of it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back