PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Officiating

You got racism and homophobia in the same post. That's good even by your standards.

**** you, you ****ing filthy maggot-loving ****ing scumbag mother****er. Every ****ing word I typed is 100% ****ing true; so go away and ****ing die as soon as ****ing possible, and take your ****ing cheating ****ing entitled ****ing maggot QB and his Entire ****ing family with you.

**** you, you ****ing filthy maggot-loving ****ing scumbag mother****er. Every ****ing word I typed is 100% ****ing true; so go away and ****ing die as soon as ****ing possible, and take your ****ing cheating ****ing entitled ****ing maggot QB and his Entire ****ing family with you.
You've got a real potty mouth.

I think what separated Tom from a lot of guys was his focus on his health and nutrition. If he retires at 37/38 like most of them do, then he still would have had an amazing career. It was those 4 super bowls after age 37 that really take him to ridiculous status. If he hadn't done that, he'd have 3 Super Bowls and a ****load of wins, but you could have made an argument that Montana was his equal.
Joe flatly states that the 49ers could have won two or three more titles instead of just one if they'd kept him as the starter, and I agree with him. Nothing against Young, he's simply not as good. It's like Manning to Brady. Peyton's good. Just not nearly THAT good.

Captain, if you haven't already you need to get laid like, now. Grab the Mrs. away from whatever silly thing she's doing and get going. Time to focus!

The whole sports world talked about the tuck rule, the Brady rule, headsetagate, deflatagate, spygate, iffy pass interference by the Jags....Not sure that's relevant.

Obviously super thankful. We hadn't drafted a first round quarterback since Todd Blackledge in 1983. Had a lot of retreads on the field.

Both quarterbacks fell into really good situations. Unusual in today's game that a guy can sit a year and not learn under duress.
Flutie & Montana & lots of others sat. Coddled pampered babies like Elway et al. are more prevalent today than in the past.

Speaking of which, I liked the old Chiefs, huge rivalry with the Frauders. And you kept your logo & uniform. I mean, there's just a lot less to quibble about you guys than lots of other franchises.

Captain's just going through a bit of a withdrawal, it's been a little while since we won one.

What is Borges' problem? He hates Belichick and loves Drew?
That would be about the size of it.
CfS8klIUkAAhSnA

The whole sports world talked about the tuck rule, the Brady rule, headsetagate, deflatagate, spygate, iffy pass interference by the Jags....Not sure that's relevant.

Obviously super thankful. We hadn't drafted a first round quarterback since Todd Blackledge in 1983. Had a lot of retreads on the field.

Both quarterbacks fell into really good situations. Unusual in today's game that a guy can sit a year and not learn under duress.
Please describe the Brady rule

CfS8klIUkAAhSnA
Not the first or last time a media draft analyst has been wrong...But sounds like Ron doesn't like Belichick.

Bill does rub a lot of people the wrong way...it's just that those particular people tend to be completely wrong, out of it, self important or some combination of the three.

No diving at QB's knees and leg area.
That's not true but I wanted reassbobby to tell me. What you're describing is the Carson Palmer rule that was implemented long before the so called Brady rule was. That rule was modified to include lunging up from the ground into the knees after Bernard Pollard did that when Brady got hurt in the game opener against the Chefs in 2008. Practically everyone thinks diving down to the legs of the quarterback penalty started with Brady but it really started with Palmer

Last edited:
That's not true but I wanted reassbobby to tell me. What you' redescribing is the Carson Palmer rule that was implemented long before the so certain Brady rule was. That rule was modified to include lunging up from the ground into the knees after Bernard Pollard did that when Brady got hurt in the game opener against the Chefs in 2008. Practically everyone thinks diving down to the legs of the quarterback penalty started with Brady but it really started with Palmer
Yeah, I know that. But that's how fans of the rest of the league see it. It is what it is.

That's not true but I wanted reassbobby to tell me. What you' redescribing is the Carson Palmer rule that was implemented long before the so called Brady rule was. That rule was modified to include lunging up from the ground into the knees after Bernard Pollard did that when Brady got hurt in the game opener against the Chefs in 2008. Practically everyone thinks diving down to the legs of the quarterback penalty started with Brady but it really started with Palmer
The perceived Brady Rule is that you can't touch Tom Brady. I said it was a perception. And if you do, he looks around until someone throws a flag. He's protected by the league. And he should be. The league needed him to be in the game.

The perceived Brady Rule is that you can't touch Tom Brady. I said it was a perception. And if you do, he looks around until someone throws a flag. He's protected by the league. And he should be. The league needed him to be in the game.
Yes, perception is not reality

CfS8klIUkAAhSnA
This missive from Borges is the epitome of "WRONGNESS". I mean HOF worthy, if its the HOF of being wrong in a sports article. Think about it. in just TEN lines he makes 8 comments and was wrong on ALL eight. I guess the best thing you can say about it, is that he was efficient. "Wrong Borges" was a apt nickname that was honestly earned.

Wrong, LOVED Parcells because Parcells was a good ole boy with the reporters and a quote machine who made their jobs easier. When Bellichick changed the media culture that love turned to hate. Borges was the last link to the Boston Sports writers who I grew up with, like Cliff Keane. and Larry Claflin Guys who thought THEY were the story and crossing them meant WAR! Those guys were famous for NEVER writing a good word about Ted Williams back in the day because of a feud. They come from an era in Boston where the 2 most popular sports were Politics and Revenge and EVERYTHING was personal. Borges was the last vestige of that era.

He was a competent writer and really good boxing guy, but he ended his career as a Patriot beat reporter who had zero sources and no impact. (kind of like Ben Volin today ;) ) He ended up being a cranky old man trying to piss into the wind, and yelling at the horizon when he looks down and finds his pants are wet.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back