PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burress: "That was one of the worst officiating I have seen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not making excuses about the refs, Giants didnt win cause the pats converted a bunch of key 3rd and longs. But dont act like the Pats didnt get the benefit of some calls tonight

The phantom personal foul on Amani Toomer who did absolutely nothing as Brandon Merriweather fell to the ground on his own, was the worst call ive ever seen in a football game. the official was standing right there too. Wilfork poking Jacobs in the eye TWICE and not getting a penalty? The delay of game where Brady called a TO clearly after the clock was at 0 and they gave him the TO?
The Giants bench should have been called..where wa sthe penalty when Coughlin was on teh field??? Go whine with Burress.......wahhhhh!!

On Moss's first TD, he clearly did NOT push off at all. It's pretty obvious on the replay, that his arms don't extend at all, the cb falls down, then does the typical waaaaaaaaaaaaa afterwards.

Burress pushed Hobbs down, and it cost him his balance, and the td. Hut up Plaxico.

The personal foul that was called on Toomer, could have just as easily been called on someone else. How often do refs call the wrong # over the PA when the foul was on someone else? A lot.

Wilfork's finger was unnecessary, but certainly not with intent to injure from a sane person's vantage point. The cut blocks at Harrison's knees however, were a different story.

How about the helmet to helmet hit on Moss? No pf? Talk about a cheap shot.
There was another hand to the helmet on Brady that went uncalled, but I clearly remember a cheap call against the Pats in last year's Colts game on a very similar incident.

Fwiw, Brandon Jacobs is a tough tackle. Damn that guy's big.

Re: Burress:"That was one of the worst officiating i have seen"

You're right, it must be the champagne. I counted three plays where the play clock ran out and the ball was snapped after the fact (one obvious one) and twice Moss could have been called for offensive PI in the endzone (one a TD, the other incomplete). Now, Im not saying the Gmen didnt get a few calls too, but let's be fair.

What a whiner. That happens EVERY game multiple times. Is this the first time you've seen the ball snapped with 0 on the clock? You must not watch that much football.

You also have no idea what OPI is. If the defender is grabbing your arms, you have every right to push back. What do you expect Moss to do? Let the guy grab his arms so he can't catch the ball?

You're showing your bias with this post.

You also have no idea what OPI is. If the defender is grabbing your arms, you have every right to push back. What do you expect Moss to do? Let the guy grab his arms so he can't catch the ball?

thank you. people act like it's illegal to jockey for position. moss gets mugged on a regular basis, so when he fights back ti get some leverage it's PI? please.

The Moss arguments remind me a little of when Shaq was in his prime.
Teams would literally beat up on him all game, and if he so much as backed into a defender or lowered a shoulder, the defender would fly off into the stands and the refs would blow the whistle.

Give opposing teams, coaches, and defenders credit for working the refs though. For every call that goes against Moss there's some talking head that says things like: 'about time', or 'he's been doing that all year', or 'you can't let Moss get away with that'.

Actually, the plays I was speaking of werent even mentioned by the announcers (other than that obvious one). The other two delays were in the first quarter (I believe). I think the blown calls balanced out, however, you forgot the "finger in the eye." That should have been 15..easy.

They didn't see it!! How in the world do you want refs to call a penalty on something they didn't see?

With every post you make, I wonder if you even understand football.

And what about that penalty on the Patriots for illegal formation when they had 7 men on the LOS??!!

Im not making excuses about the refs, Giants didnt win cause the pats converted a bunch of key 3rd and longs. But dont act like the Pats didnt get the benefit of some calls tonight

The phantom personal foul on Amani Toomer who did absolutely nothing as Brandon Merriweather fell to the ground on his own, was the worst call ive ever seen in a football game. the official was standing right there too. Wilfork poking Jacobs in the eye TWICE and not getting a penalty? The delay of game where Brady called a TO clearly after the clock was at 0 and they gave him the TO?

Yes, this qualifies as whining and making excuses about the refs.

The Amani Toomer call was bad, and on the same series, it was balanced out by the phantom unsportsmanlike call on Rodney Harrison that kept your drive alive. The refs GAVE you that call.

The refs didn't see what Wilfork did.

The time running out on the Patriots happens about, oh, twenty times each and every game. Please. Stop whining.

You know you struck a nerve when people resort to personal attacks and name-calling. Your team is 16-0. Enjoy it instead of responding with such anger and immaturity anytime someone doesn't bow down and kiss the Pats ass.

How do you know he was referring to you?

I thought the two most obvious poor calls were the Toomer phantom penalty on the sideline and the cheap hit on Moss that wasn't called (which happened while the ball was in the air).

Toomer certainly didn't appear to do anything at all, but as they initially called the penalty against the Patriots, I think it's reasonable to consider they may well have also called the wrong number (though I saw nothing untoward at all). A replay from a different angle would have been nice.

Actually, the plays I was speaking of werent even mentioned by the announcers (other than that obvious one). The other two delays were in the first quarter (I believe). I think the blown calls balanced out, however, you forgot the "finger in the eye." That should have been 15..easy.

That would have done what? THEY SCORED ON THAT DRIVE ANYWAYS! Should it have been called? Sure, but all it would have done was move them closer to getting the 6 points they got anyways... He'll most likely get fined I'm sure. If you're gonna point out what should have been called, you might want to look at when it happend, so you don't look like you're just *****ing for the hell of it. :bricks:

Last edited:
Why are we even paying attention to these trolls. Most of them know nothing about football and love to wine so they can be heard and fell important

Why not just dump Hobbs? He's an average to below average corner and 75% of the egregious calls seem to revolve around him.

Because Hobbs isn't average to Below average. And MOST of the PI calls on him have been bogus. You'd know that if you knew a damn thing about the game. OH wait. I forgot who I was dealing with.

Am I the only who seems to think that Toomer spit at, or around Meriweather, which is what drew the 15 yarder? As you can see, the flag wasnt thrown right away, it wasn't until Toomer leaned over Meriweather on the ground, started jawing, and, it LOOKED like, ****ed his head back and let one fly (thought I even saw something come out of his mouth). Regardless, standing over a guy on the ground and jawing like that is a safe way to draw 15 for taunting anyway...

This probably has been repeated in earlier posts, but the Pats NEVER complain about crappy officiating, i.e. our last 3 games against the Colts or the Denver playoff game.

Am I the only who seems to think that Toomer spit at, or around Meriweather, which is what drew the 15 yarder? As you can see, the flag wasnt thrown right away, it wasn't until Toomer leaned over Meriweather on the ground, started jawing, and, it LOOKED like, ****ed his head back and let one fly (thought I even saw something come out of his mouth). Regardless, standing over a guy on the ground and jawing like that is a safe way to draw 15 for taunting anyway...

I thought that Toomer might have spit too... His head moved like he did.

I mentioned it in the chat room and no one really agreed with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back