PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browner's penalty negating McCourty TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
************! Have people suddenly be struck unable to read? (And apparently that includes Troy Brown). The rule does not prevent anyone from hitting a receiver bobbling the ball. It only prevents hitting them in the "head or neck area" with the shoulder, head, or forearm.

So if a receiver was doing what you and Troy say, the defender is free to blast him into next week by planting a shoulder into his chest, for example.

or a shoulder into his shoulder

************! Have people suddenly be struck unable to read? (And apparently that includes Troy Brown). The rule does not prevent anyone from hitting a receiver bobbling the ball. It only prevents hitting them in the "head or neck area" with the shoulder, head, or forearm.

So if a receiver was doing what you and Troy say, the defender is free to blast him into next week by planting a shoulder into his chest, for example.

it's obvious that you don't

the specifics only apply to the situation of him being defenseless...which he wasn't according to the rules

regardless of who here says otherwise

no, you're being purposefully obtuse to try and save your flagging point
I thought you were being obtuse.
Are you really telling me that you define your ass to be in your neck area?
Put it this way, if the most conservative definition of 'area' is used, it would include the collarbone and point where the neck meets the shoulder and there is no doubt that was contacted.

and he did not say the call was correct.....which he would have if he felt it was

but please......don't stop.....keep going.....
He said that the helmet to helmet call was incorrect. But that it still was a penalty because Browner hit a defenseless receiver in the head or neck area with his shoulder.

it's interesting how the self-appointed geniuses start losing their patience when othes don't buy their garbage

Put it this way, if the most conservative definition of 'area' is used, it would include the collarbone and point where the neck meets the shoulder and there is no doubt that was contacted.

no....he's right....you're being obtuse....you convinced yourself days ago and have reverse engineered with partials since

if the shoulder is the neck, so is the ass

didn't get hit in the top of the chest, but don'e let that stop you.....keep going ...... please
Care to tell me what is on the top of his chest? Its called Brandon Browner.
brogg.png

if the shoulder is the neck, so is the ass
What?
Which part of the word AREA is confusing you here?
Look at the picture. No where near the ass, but right on the neck.
brogg.png

All which show contact with the shoulder. How you could honestly think that's the neck is beyond me. GIF's rewind the same pic and play it over and over again an infinite amount of times. Please watch it when you get a chance.

Blandino clearly knows it. His walk back all but said "Yeah, the officials completely screwed the pooch".

If the letter on Browners jersey are higher than Greens right shoulder exactly what part of the right side of the body is Browner hitting? Note that the outside of his shoulder is contacting Green directly below the chin.
Hmm, what is above the shoulder and below the chin? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

keep posting it.......taken out of the context of the video it is meaningless....but by all means....you're good at reapeating the same crap.........he had a chance to avoid

and he did not say the call was correct.....which he would have if he felt it was

but please......don't stop.....keep going.....
OK so as I said we agree the call was not correct.
You have now agreed that everything else he said supports me and disagrees with you.
See that wasn't hard was it? All I had to do was list all your errors and ask you to pick out the ones you think are right. You got the correct answer, zero of them.

If the letter on Browners jersey are higher than Greens right shoulder exactly what part of the right side of the body is Browner hitting? Note that the outside of his shoulder is contacting Green directly below the chin.
Hmm, what is above the shoulder and below the chin? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

other angles show clearly it wasn't but, don't let that stop you.....show the picture again....I forget what it looks like...you know...the bobble head portion, where GReen's chin hits his own chest.......but please....keep it going

keep posting it.......taken out of the context of the video it is meaningless....but by all means....you're good at reapeating the same crap.........he had a chance to avoid
How can a photo be out of context?
What would having a chance to avoid have to do with the point of contact?
Now you agree with point of contact, agree that Blandino disagreed with you, and we are oh so close.

But the rule says ATTEMPTING to catch a pass, so clearly he was.

Article 7: Players in a Defenseless Posture. It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:
(1) A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass;
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
(3) A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped;
(4) A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air;
(5) A player on the ground;
(6) A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return (Also see Article 6(g) for additional restrictions against a kicker/punter);
(7) A quarterback at any time after a change of possession (Also see Article 8(f) for additional restrictions against a quarterback after a change of possession);
(8) A player who receives a ―blindside block when the offensive blocker is moving toward or parallel to his own end line and approaches the opponent from behind or from the side, and
(9) A player who is protected from an illegal crackback block (see Article 2);
(10) The offensive player who attempts a snap during a Field Goal attempt or a Try Kick.

How many times must this be quoted before people read it? Bobbling a pass you are trying to catch is an instance of 'attempting to catch a pass.' If you do not understand this semantic point, then you have aphasia. The only argument worth having is whether Browner hit him in the head/neck area, or not.

People arguing that the receivers could just stop trying to catch the ball, and defend themselves, are missing the point to embarrassing levels. That is an irrelevant garden path.

OK so as I said we agree the call was not correct.
You have now agreed that everything else he said supports me and disagrees with you.
See that wasn't hard was it? All I had to do was list all your errors and ask you to pick out the ones you think are right. You got the correct answer, zero of them.

repeat it some more.....you're still wrong.....

you're starting to sound a bit psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back