PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BREER: Patriots are in the process of hiring Tiquan Underwood as assistant receivers coach

Guys who suck make Great Position Coaches go figure.

Look left - i'm not dead yet....

(for another week probably...)

He's an assistant WR coach. Relax.

This is what I'm talking about. You all are saying he's just an assistant where the rest of us are wondering why employ mid talent.

What was wrong w Troy?
The fact that his receiving groups were atrocious. Bourne and Meyers were both good players but he wasn't responsible for them. Demario Douglas is the only guy you can point out and I'd argue that its simply because of his elite agility and elusiveness. Personally I think a better coach should've gotten more out of a player like Pop. He had a decent season but he could've been even better.

Not sure what Tiquan Underwood brings. All I recall is a pass being ripped away from him for an INT and Brady subsequently having a screaming match with Bill O'Brien.

He does not have a long resume of coaching, coached at Lafayette, Rutgers and Pittsburgh. He also spent time in Miami as an offensive quality control coach.
My guess is that the relationship with Greg Schiano may have been helpful as he spent two years as their WR coach.

I don’t know? Am I supposed be excited? Sometimes bad players become good coaches? Maybe? Possibly?

Is anyone supposed to be excited about an assistant wide receivers coach? I bet no one here could name one on another team without googling them.

He does not have a long resume of coaching, coached at Lafayette, Rutgers and Pittsburgh. He also spent time in Miami as an offensive quality control coach.
My guess is that the relationship with Greg Schiano may have been helpful as he spent two years as their WR coach.

I mean neither does our head coach.

The fact that his receiving groups were atrocious. Bourne and Meyers were both good players but he wasn't responsible for them. Demario Douglas is the only guy you can point out and I'd argue that its simply because of his elite agility and elusiveness. Personally I think a better coach should've gotten more out of a player like Pop. He had a decent season but he could've been even better.

Not sure what Tiquan Underwood brings. All I recall is a pass being ripped away from him for an INT and Brady subsequently having a screaming match with Bill O'Brien.
Were they atrocious because of the receivers coach or the QB/OC? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cortez Hankton was a name I was hoping was on their radar. LSU wr’s and passing game coordinator. Especially if they ended up with Daniels.

Kid don't play
Good One Reaction GIF

Whatever. He's an assistant WR coach. I'm glad we have one because the WRs need all the coaching they can get lately. If he's any good, he'll help the team and improve the WRs. If not, he'll be gone in short order.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back