PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's optimism about this offense is clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He's very excited about what's possible - "we can be dynamic" - and sees it all coming together five or six games into the season.

If it does, and the offense becomes a strength of the team, added to the run defense we are seeing, this team could be better than the other SB teams. A long way to go to get there, but there's a clear path.

betterthanthealternative said:
He's very excited about what's possible - "we can be dynamic" - and sees it all coming together five or six games into the season.

If it does, and the offense becomes a strength of the team, added to the run defense we are seeing, this team could be better than the other SB teams. A long way to go to get there, but there's a clear path.

Was this from his press conference?

Bella*chick said:
Was this from his press conference?
he did mention a learning curve with there being a lot of new players and he and the players have to adjust etc etc..i think the BYE week will be the key for this team to make all the adjustments and time and until then they need to patch and move on ...

SVN said:
he did mention a learning curve with there being a lot of new players and he and the players have to adjust etc etc..i think the BYE week will be the key for this team to make all the adjustments and time and until then they need to patch and move on ...

Does that mean it was from the press conference?

Yes the press conf. He seemed a bit discouraged about all the newbies. Get over it Tom. If you went to another team EVERYONE would be new. Yet QBs make the transition. Just need more work during the week. And Jackson, CATCH the damn long pass, will ya? And Brady, stop underthrowing Watson & Gabriel. Keep working on the timing.

Okay, I just listened to the audio of Tom's press conference. I thought he actually sounded fairly upbeat. I'm not sure I would say he sounded discouraged by the newbies, just matter-of-fact that they all have to get used to each other and will continue to work to improve.

Bella*chick said:
Okay, I just listened to the audio of Tom's press conference. I thought he actually sounded fairly upbeat. I'm not sure I would say he sounded discouraged by the newbies, just matter-of-fact that they all have to get used to each other and will continue to work to improve.

Is there a link to it?

There is only one issue for the offense - keep Brady from being blindsided.

mgteich said:
There is only one issue for the offense - keep Brady from being blindsided.
It looked like Tommy's fault on the strip sack turnover.

One other possible problem associated with new receivers and the increased level of the running game is the lack of opportunity for Tom to get into a rhythm. When your throwing once per series instead of twice, it's got to be a problem. Even thogh it was unsuccessful, I'd say the best offensive series was the last, ate up the clock, mixed it up, and got the ball deep into Jets territory when they were really playing tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3