PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradys appeal won't be heard by tomorrow's deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess if you can ignore the rules (CBA) with impunity (like the Wells investigation team did with regard to interviews), then you don't have to worry about going to court at all and can just get on with a farce of an appeal.

As I was looking at the list of events, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of lawyers will be used before this is all done, and why I mentioned to my son that he should consider law. He chose science instead. Talk about truth seekers.

That's complete bullsh*t. This is all on goodell.

Brady submitted his appeal. Goodell then made himself arbitrator and the NFLPA requested he remove himself, he has yet to respond.

Whoever is saying it has to be heard within 10 days are morons who are just reading the rule as it is written and not how the NFLPA sees it.

This was what Florio posted today

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL Players Association interprets the operative language of Article 46 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement to require only that a date for the appeal hearing be set within 10 days after the appeal is filed.

So goodell has end of the day Wednesday to set a date. To put this on Brady is utterly moronic.

If you are wrong, I assume you will kill yourself, best for forum..

It still boggles my mind that a guy like Goodell gets paid that kind of money.

If only I had a hotshot senator father who could have hooked me up with an internship with the Jets. That plus being the former commissioner's drinking buddy are apparently the only necessary qualifications for a $44million/per year job running the NFL.

Life is not fair.

marmalard_greg.jpg

Just think of some of the comments that we've seen here lately in regards to wanting to see Brady on another team, or leaving the fanbase altogether. Then compare those comments to some of your rants or occasional grumpiness.

There's no comparison on any level. We've seen a whole new level of crazy lately.

This is different because of the way Kraft handled things. I can't remember any other Pats owner aligning himself with the league against the team. There's no comparison to that also.

Schefter source still believes Brady won't miss a game.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...bradys_suspension_will_be_overturned/18788225

Personally, even if it is overturned I'd still like to see the matter pressed. I want his name cleared of this scandal all together and the only way to do that is Federal court by taking that circus cast in Ny head on.
This is an excellent point and I have to confess I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Well I love Brady, hate Goodell, and am disgusted by what Kraft did so there's no mixed emotions there, but what I mean is that I really really want Brady to have his day in court.

If overturning the suspension means Brady does not take the league to court, then I honestly don't know how I would feel if the suspension got overturned.

If Goodell overturns the suspension completely, but instead gives him a token fine or otherwise fails to exonerate him completely, I hope that Tom still takes the NFL to court.

It's about HONOR!!!!

This is an excellent point and I have to confess I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Well I love Brady, hate Goodell, and am disgusted by what Kraft did so there's no mixed emotions there, but what I mean is that I really really want Brady to have his day in court.

If overturning the suspension means Brady does not take the league to court, then I honestly don't know how I would feel if the suspension got overturned.

At this point the defamation is so bad that even if it was completely overturned it's just not enough in my eyes. All anyone is gonna say is that Kraft made a deal on his knees with Good***** in exchange for accepting the loss of draft picks.

Again, in order to truly clear his name, which still won't in the truly insane and jealous fans, he must take this all the way Imho. This current regime are a bunch of hacks and have no business disciplining anyone when they use people like Wells for investigation purposes. There is no room for agendas when you are dealing with people's lives and this isn't just for the Patriots either. It is for the entire NFL. They definitely need change and structure up there.

As many have mentioned this is the perfect player and perfect lawyer team to bring about that change.

At this point the defamation is so bad that even if it was completely overturned it's just not enough in my eyes. All anyone is gonna say is that Kraft made a deal on his knees with Good***** in exchange for accepting the loss of draft picks.

Again, in order to truly clear his name, which still won't in the truly insane and jealous fans, he must take this all the way Imho.
Perfectly said. I want his name cleared and I think we need a truly impartial judge/arbiter to expose the Wells Report for the bullcrap nonsense it is. So, in a strange way, I hate that Goodell hears appeals but I want him to hear this one because that gives Brady grounds to sue the league. Then as much as I want Brady on the field week 1, a big part of me wants the suspension upheld so that we do see this issue brought to court.
As many have mentioned this is the perfect player and perfect lawyer team to bring about that change.
It's also the perfect issue. If this was a player like McDonald who attacks a woman carrying a baby or Prince Shembo accused of literally kicking a poor dog to death, then there would be a big PR backlash against the NFLPA for defending someone like that, even though they have a legit point about how the whole process is grossly unfair.

But here, the casual fan (or even the non-fan) isn't going to see Brady as someone who deserves to go to jail. To quote some very wise words: "This isn't ISIS"

I know how I would feel

Righteously pissed!

This NEEDS to go to court or we'll be dealing with this kind of crap forever.

Going to court holds the promise of finally making the Pats whole and exposing the corrupt actors in the NFL* front offices.

I know how I would feel

Righteously pissed!

This NEEDS to go to court or we'll be dealing with this kind of crap forever.

Going to court holds the promise of finally making the Pats whole and exposing the corrupt actors in the NFL* front offices.

No question about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore