PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady would have 4 Rings, going on 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non Calls
i understand that there is holding on every play and you can call it.
or offensive pass interference sometimes
or defensive pass interference or defensive holding.
But this is part of the problem.

the fact that these are accepted as non-calls and happen on almost all the plays creates huge problems and gives the refs far to much power.

that means on pretty much every play the refs can call a penalty on whoever they feel like. The game should not be this way. Unfortunately i cannot offer any solution to the problem and i know that this is how the game works but when you see the same team benefit every year and the same team get screwed 2 years in a row it gets frustrating.

The colts not only had no bad calls on them all game, but they got the roughing the passer, the Troy Brown interference, the hobbs penalty (which doesn't even exist), encroachment penalties (actual false starts), the non-call on Caldwell in the endzone..... all in their favor.

this is ridiculous. You cannot ignore how one sided this game was called.

These penalties that happen everyplay but are called when the refs want to call them can really screw over teams and benefit others.

So after the Colts choke next week...when the same thing happens for the Colts again, next year in the playoffs, and they get all the calls (even some made up ones) will it STILL BE A COINCIDENCE?

Brady would have 5 Rings if the refs didn't completely screw the pats over last year and this year.

pass interference calls, no touchback, "face guarding", non calls, bull**** offensive pass interference calls, bull**** roughing the passer calls.

I realize it sounds ridiculous, but if we Beat Denver last year and the Colts this year, the superbowl would have been ours both years. And most people on this site would agree i think

The Refs are ******* bull****. I don't even remember the last time we got a call in the playoffs that was questionable and went on OUR side.

The should not be allowed to **** up like that and then say "oh well my fault" 6 days later like it's no big deal.

this is two godamn years in a row they do that for the Colts and it finally worked this year.

If i didn't love this team so much and put so much godamn energy in them id stop watching this bull**** league.

I totally agree with you. Im just as angered by this crap as you are. Its sad to say that when your Champs, everyone is out to get you. Its the sad part about the leauge, that they dont want one team dominating year after year. It sucks. I was just out eating with my wife and daughter, and in the middle of my wife telling me something, i came out and cut her right off in what she was saying and said " I still cant believe the patriots lost, Im so pissed." She looked at me and said, "that game is still bothering you huh?" I said "yeah, i feel like we got cheated." I still sometimes find myself in my own world just re thinking everything that happened that evening. When that call against hobbs happened, i knew the rule, and knew we were going to lose the game. It was a huge turning point for the colts. The best thing for us to do is just try to let it go and move forward. Everyday i feel a little better, and it becomes a little less up front in my mind. Ill probably forgive, but never forget about it, and wont be satisfied until we come back out next year and whip some ass.

Non Calls
i understand that there is holding on every play and you can call it.
or offensive pass interference sometimes
or defensive pass interference or defensive holding.
But this is part of the problem.

the fact that these are accepted as non-calls and happen on almost all the plays creates huge problems and gives the refs far to much power.

that means on pretty much every play the refs can call a penalty on whoever they feel like. The game should not be this way. Unfortunately i cannot offer any solution to the problem and i know that this is how the game works but when you see the same team benefit every year and the same team get screwed 2 years in a row it gets frustrating.

The colts not only had no bad calls on them all game, but they got the roughing the passer, the Troy Brown interference, the hobbs penalty (which doesn't even exist), encroachment penalties (actual false starts), the non-call on Caldwell in the endzone..... all in their favor.

this is ridiculous. You cannot ignore how one sided this game was called.

These penalties that happen everyplay but are called when the refs want to call them can really screw over teams and benefit others.

So after the Colts choke next week...when the same thing happens for the Colts again, next year in the playoffs, and they get all the calls (even some made up ones) will it STILL BE A COINCIDENCE?

They should make pass int. the only reviewable penalty.

:rocker: This is homeristic high comedy. I'm impressed by the many Patriot sane voices of reason interjected into the thread though.

Oh no, it wasn't the fact you gave up 32 second half points, it was the refs!!! :rocker:

It wasn't the fact Brady threw away the game to Champ Bailey last year, it was the refs!!!

Face guarding - Didn't you just win a game vs. Miami earlier in the year because of face guarding and wasn't everyone making fun of Saban for whining about it?

Face guarding in the Colts game: Someone referenced it as a desperation throw. OMG!!! LOL!! It was 2nd and 7 from the Pats 20!!!! The Colts scored 25, yes TWENTY-FIVE points after that play!!! You act as if, not for that play, you were going to stonewall them the rest of the game. LOL! The Colts were going to score anyway. They were going to do whatever they wanted on your defense in the 2nd half. They did do whatever the hell the wanted on your defense in the 2nd half. They've done whatever the hell they wanted on your defense for 3 years. They scored 32 points in the 2nd half! They scored 25 after that play! Hell, I think they just scored again as we speak.

Roughing the passer: The roughing the passer call helped you!!! The Colts were going to score regardless. Your defense would not have stopped a peewee team at that point. They just went 70 yards in about 30 seconds. If the Colts get the ball on the 20, they run out the clock before they score. By getting it on the 12, you at least had 1:00 left and an opportunity. I believe even Bill Simmons said in his article that he was hoping the Colts would score as quickly as possible because he knew your defense was finished.

How about the facemask call on Dexter Reid that was clearly offsetting, yet set you up in Colt territory and led to a FG? How about the pass interference call before the half when the defender had his hand on Wayne's hip and a flag was thrown?

Let me assure you of one thing - fans from 31 other teams would laugh in your face if you told them the Pats got no favorable calls during their run.

The best line was that the Pats got no other calls but the Tuck Rule. There IS no other call in NFL history the equal of the Tuck Rule! You would have 2 Super Bowls without the Tuck Rule and possibly none, because it's quite possible you would never have had the confidence to go on a run after that.

Here's an idea: If you don't want to lose next time, don't give up 32 points in the 2nd half.

:blahblah:

At least the Pats went to their first SB because they got a call right not wrong. Colts will never be able to say that. Enjoy your team's handicapped victory. :rocker:

Enjoy your team's handicapped victory.

Enjoy looking forward to pitchers and catchers reporting in Ft. Meyers.

I on the other hand am looking forward to the Colts reporting in Florida.

(4:12) 2nd and 7 at NE 19 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete. PENALTY on NE-E.Hobbs, Defensive Pass Interference, 18 yards, enforced at NE 19 - No Play. 1st and 1 at NE 1
(4:06) P.Manning pass short right to D.Klecko for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
(2:01) Colts 1st and 10 at NE 37 PENALTY on NE, Roughing the Passer, 12 yards, enforced at NE 23.
I don't want to ever hear "Tuck Rule" from an Indy fan again.

LOL

Yeah, same deal. Let's see. Tuck Rule = game over. No face guarding = 3rd and 7 on the opposing team's 19... against a team that hasn't stopped you and has no prayer of stopping you... in the 3rd quarter!

No difference there.:rocker:

4:12) 2nd and 7 at NE 19 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete. PENALTY on NE-E.Hobbs, Defensive Pass Interference, 18 yards, enforced at NE 19 - No Play. 1st and 1 at NE 1
(4:06) P.Manning pass short right to D.Klecko for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
(2:01) Colts 1st and 10 at NE 37 PENALTY on NE, Roughing the Passer, 12 yards, enforced at NE 23.
I don't want to ever hear "Tuck Rule" from an Indy fan again.

^
Either that or:

"It Was the Greatest Big Game Choke in NFL History"

You could go either way with your signature.

:rocker: This is homeristic high comedy. I'm impressed by the many Patriot sane voices of reason interjected into the thread though.

Oh no, it wasn't the fact you gave up 32 second half points, it was the refs!!!

* There were 5 Patriots turnovers in the Denver game which for some, had nothing to do with the loss -:) There will always be bad ref calls in a game, Usually for both sides. Whether by a Patriost fan or Colts fan or any other teams fans, saying it's why your team lst is just whining. The Patriots had 3 drives in teh 2nd half. 2 were 3 and out and the other they got a 1st down ob the 1st pkay then went 3 and out. Had they gotten some points out of any of those the game woudl have changed. They didn't. The ref calls had nothing to do with that. Some here sound just like fans they like to make fun of from other teams.

Last edited:
LOL

Yeah, same deal. Let's see. Tuck Rule = game over. No face guarding = 3rd and 7 on the opposing team's 19... against a team that hasn't stopped you and has no prayer of stopping you... in the 3rd quarter!

No difference there.:rocker:

You keep telling yourself that. :rofl:

And I'd rather watch paint dry than MLB. :rolleyes:

Here's an idea: If you don't want to lose next time, don't give up 32 points in the 2nd half.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.Calls aside that's exactly what happened.
My question would be, why are you here still defending your win? That's the thing with you Colts fans-you never move past the Pats. :bricks:

Here's an idea: If you don't want to lose next time, don't give up 32 points in the 2nd half.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.Calls aside that's exactly what happened.
My question would be, why are you here still defending your win? That's the thing with you Colts fans-you never move past the Pats. :bricks:
He's collecting excuses in case the Colts lose to the Bears.

Here's my take on this whole ref thing: Sure they screwed us, what else is new? Directive from the NFL... But, we should never have given them that chance. The Refs didn't blow an 18 point lead and allow the Colts to get close enough to make reffing a factor. (without the refs needing to be blindingly obvious about it A La Superbowl XL)

So, as much as I think the reffing in the NFL needs serious overhaul I gotta say #1 I was happier with the reffing this year than last, and #2 the refs may have cost us the game, but we cost ourselves the chance to have the reffing not matter.

End Communication. ;)

I can't believe I'm giving ammo to the WouldaShouldCoulda Bowl contingent here, but....

In fairness, the replay official (Dan Blandino) that called the Hobbs "faceguarding" now says "oops sorry," according to a Jaguars.com senior editor, who supposedly talked to Blandino about the call.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=23945&pcid=41
-----------
My opinion remains unchanged. You win a few, you lose a few, as regards these calls. Calls (and non-calls) that go our way, easily counterbalance this particular instance of a call against the Pats.

The Colts won. We lost. Move on.

But of course, as regards the above, dayum.

PFnV

i cannot think of any breaks besides the tuck rule.

i honestly can't think of any questionable calls or non-calls in our favor

It's not just calls going your way it's the ball bouncing your way! Do you honestly think the Pats should have beaten the Chargers this year?? I don't!

It's not just calls going your way it's the ball bouncing your way! Do you honestly think the Pats should have beaten the Chargers this year?? I don't!

what a strong argument.

Get lost, your team is a joke.

what a strong argument.

Get lost, your team is a joke.

What a strong argument?? There is no argument, the ball has bounced the Pats way a bunch in the last five years. Not to take away from them being a great team, but the ball has bounced their way a lot. BTW, the fins may suck, but they kicked the crap out of the Pats in Miami this year.

Last edited:
What a strong argument?? There is no argument, the ball has bounced the Pats way a bunch in the last five years. Not to take away from them being a great team, but the ball has bounced their way a lot. BTW, the fins may suck, but they kicked the crap out of the Pats in Miami this year.

you have got to be kidding me

"the ball bounced their way a lot"

that's all you have?

you have got to be kidding me

"the ball bounced their way a lot"

that's all you have?

You're one of those that thinks that everything the Pats do is just 10 times better then everyone else aren't you? You think your team should just be handed the SB trophy simply because your favorite team is the Pats! I can tell by your posts, You don't seem greatfull at all for the success your teams had over the last 5 years, you act as if no one in the world should be allowed an opinion unless their Pats fans and they agree with everything "you" think!

Just because you think the Pats are 10 times better then everyone else doesn't mean they are, and if your team were good enough to be in the SB this year, they'd be in the SB. They're not, Deal with it! You think one bad call kept the Pats out of the SB??

I tell you what, name one big time game, post season, where the Pats were down by more then 4 points with the game on the line and Tom Brady marched the team down the field and scored a TD to win the game...name it!!! What I seem to recall is the Pats always being within a field goal and Brady throwing a against a bunch of prevent D's, but Adam Vinatieri kicking game winning field goals, and guess what! Where's Adam and wheres Tom?

Stop whining over one call, your teams won three SB's be happy and look forward to your 2 first round DP's and probably another double digit winning season next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back