PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady the 50 Pass per Game Gunslinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start running it a little more. I don't want brady throwing it 50 times. Don't want his arm to fall off

Kline
Jackson
Andrews
Fleming

Exactly what level of success do you think that foursome was going to have moving back that Jets DL?

U got a point but i really hope shaq mason and stork come back soon.

Kline
Jackson
Andrews
Fleming

Exactly what level of success do you think that foursome was going to have moving back that Jets DL?
Add to that Blount who is pretty slow to get started from the backfield and your outlook for running is not great. I'm not really that worried about it though. We've shown that we can win by using the quick passing game instead of running

I generally don't mind the heavy passing load, it's certainly needed to move the ball against dominant D-lines (and with the Pats injured/patchwork O-line), and Brady is incredible in both getting the ball out quick and also knowing when to get down and take a sack without getting slammed.

That said the big passing load does open Brady up to that one big hit that none of us wants to see. For that reason I'm generally alright with the heavy volume but hope that as the line gets healthier the running game receives a heavier focus. Especially come playoff time, they'll need Blount/Lewis/White to have success.

What's all this dink and dunk crap? Brady can make every throw, he's got that special down the field throw in traffic in his back pocket when he needs it.

Brady can/could make all the throws.

Great article on the unprecedented dominant stats when TFB is asked (too often!) to carry the team.

Byrne: Why Tom Brady is NFL's best-ever gunslinger

"The Patriots are 15-7 (.682) when Brady passes the ball 50 or more times, including the postseason. Every other team in modern NFL history (since 1960) has combined to go 100-386-6 (.209) in this situation. The Brady Patriots have singularly won 13 percent of all the 50-attempt victories during the past 55 years of professional football. Lamonica, by the way, never attempted 50 passes in a game.

Victory in these bombing campaigns is difficult for two reasons: First, it’s usually a sign of desperation. Most NFL teams tend to pass the ball that often only when they’re down big. Second, desperate quarterbacks tend to throw interceptions, sometimes multiple. And teams simply don’t win when they throw interceptions.

Brady and the Patriots, however, are utterly unique in their ability to win these games: Brady is the career leader in 50-attempt games (22), 50-attempt wins (15) and 50-attempt winning percentage (.682).

Nobody else is close.

Peyton Manning is second with 17 50-attempt games, and he’s just 4-13 (.235) in those contests."

Aaron Rogers has never had to do this, not even once.

Add yet another game that Brady threw 50+ times for the win.

GOAT!!!

Aaron Rogers has never had to do this, not even once.

Last edited:
I love the run game and believe its a necessity but the Patriots have shown the ability to win any kind if game and the bottom line is that they are the best team in football and don't care how they beat you

Really good win today, tough and physical and it had to be as demoralizing to the jets as last weeks win in Indy was to the Colts. Another tough game Thursday but ultimately they just keep rolling

Love this team, impossible not to

They dropped eleven balls today and he still got it done . Simply amazing!

Ivan, they dropped 12 balls today and still got it done against the best defense and best running game in the league with the best cb in the game and even though they lost they are still the best team in the eyes of goodell and the league office.

:eek::eek::eek: OMG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

That's actually been said 8 Billion times...but thanks. ;)
utzTCyo.png

That said the big passing load does open Brady up to that one big hit that none of us wants to see. For that reason I'm generally alright with the heavy volume but hope that as the line gets healthier the running game receives a heavier focus. Especially come playoff time, they'll need Blount/Lewis/White to have success.

Bad running game would open Brady even more to the big hit. Little gain on 1st down, incompletion on 2nd down, on 3rd and 8,9,10 yards Brady would have to hold the ball longer, thus being more exposed to hits.

The short pass attack allows Brady to get rid of it quickly, limiting the amount of hits.

One thing to add: when Brady throws at a receiver's feet, it's not because he's a moron (unlike some QBs), but rather because he's trying to protect the receiver.

That's part of why he's able to have so many 50-attempt games.

I appreciate the win and Brady putting the offense on his back, but whatever happen to running the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back