PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady jawing with Ray Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the Ray Lewis hate on this board.
Are you serious? People hate the players on this team never mind Ray Ray. They hated BM they hated LOMO they hated Edelman they hated Butler, they hated Brace, Bledsoe, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Lewis' hit on Brady wasn't as bad as it looked....not helmet into back but the shoulder pad to back...he slid a bit to side...watch slo mo replay if you have it...;)

Yeah, I'm not seeing this "broke in half" stuff from that hit. Also, I like how Suggs tried to get in there, and Brady said something to him too. :cool:

I'm with those who don't understand that hate for Ray Ray, I think he's been an amazing Linebacker for a lot of years, and is quite well spoken.

On that play, IMHO, Brady was talking because when he lined up, Suggs recognized the obvious QB sneak coming and shifted to stack the line over the center, exposing the left side of the line, and Brady saw it and just ran over there instead. No doubt he was laughing about that to Ray Ray and Suggs, telling them there was no way they were going to stop him like that.

Remember a year or 2 ago when a lot of Patriots fans thought Brady "Lost his passion" with Giselle and all that stuff coming into his life:rolleyes:

bradyray.gif

Ahh....I didn't remember Branch getting in there...still...Light or Mankins should have been there quickly. But anyway...like the fire.

I like how Pollard tries to get a response, but Brady's like "whatever chumpzilla" and continues talking back at Lewis and Suggs.

Great hit by Ray...even better score for TB...it's football..Brady knows he's gonna get smashed when he goes over the pile..what's the big deal???..I swear, some of you won't be satisfied until the Goodellization of the league has everyone in skirts and shin pads with little pink flags stuck in their pockets...krist

I'm with those who don't understand that hate for Ray Ray, I think he's been an amazing Linebacker for a lot of years, and is quite well spoken.

On that play, IMHO, Brady was talking because when he lined up, Suggs recognized the obvious QB sneak coming and shifted to stack the line over the center, exposing the left side of the line, and Brady saw it and just ran over there instead. No doubt he was laughing about that to Ray Ray and Suggs, telling them there was no way they were going to stop him like that.

Some of this media and fandom stuff about us all having to 'hate' some of the other guys is way overrated in my opinion.

I have all of the amount of respect in the world for guys like Ray Lewis, and to be honest (not the most popular of admissions here) I would have loved to have him on this team as a free agent a few yrs back. Everyone claimed that he was old and had lost his fire, but I wasn't buying it. I believe that he has a true and serious passion for the game of football on every single play, and has the potential for that passion to rub off on his other players around him.

Even Suggs gained some respect from me this week, as he did not say anything but respectful things about Brady and the team. I don't really care for his attitude, but he's a great defensive player too.

The only player on that team that I really don't care for is Bernard Pollard, and his consistently negative comments about anything regarding the NEP and their fans. It's guys like Pollard and Cromartie that really make me realize who the real bad guys are in this league.

As far as the fire Brady brings to the game---we all know what that's about, and that's why we wouldn't rather have any other possible QB in the game.

Even Suggs gained some respect from me this week, as he did not say anything but respectful things about Brady and the team. I don't really care for his attitude, but he's a great defensive player too.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. I wished we couldve found a way to sign Suggs a couple years back. As for Lewis, I never understood the hatred towards him. As someone else mentioned, it must be the dance :eek:

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. I wished we couldve found a way to sign Suggs a couple years back. As for Lewis, I never understood the hatred towards him. As someone else mentioned, it must be the dance :eek:

Actually, nash--I'm going to have to disagree about Suggs.

I could never see him as a NEP. Just doesn't have enough of a tendency to keep his mouth shut, act respectful, and do what's asked of him on the field. There are many other "great" defensive players in the NFL who would fit that mold here, but not Suggs. At least not IMO.

As for R.Lewis, he's older, more experienced, and does his job well. I could have seen him ending his career here as a thumper of an ILB/MLB, on a 3-4 yr deal a few yrs ago. I think he would have gotten the "Patriot Way" rather easily after a few weeks.

I could never see him as a NEP. Just doesn't have enough of a tendency to keep his mouth shut, act respectful, and do what's asked of him on the field. There are many other "great" defensive players in the NFL who would fit that mold here, but not Suggs. At least not IMO.

As for R.Lewis, he's older, more experienced, and does his job well. I could have seen him ending his career here as a thumper of an ILB/MLB, on a 3-4 yr deal a few yrs ago. I think he would have gotten the "Patriot Way" rather easily after a few weeks.

I dont know. I thought Moss, Dillon, etc were bad ideas, and they werent (all) bad. Im not sure if he wouldve quieted down as a Patriot or not. Bart Scott couldnt. lol.

I dont know. I thought Moss, Dillon, etc were bad ideas, and they werent (all) bad. Im not sure if he wouldve quieted down as a Patriot or not. Bart Scott couldnt. lol.

You mean Adalius Thomas maybe. I don't think that was the greatest idea from the get-go. I don't think that any of Scott, Suggs, or Thomas could've been real Patriots here, although Thomas did have a pretty good first yr that helped them go to the last game unbeaten. Even in '08 he was hanging in there pretty nicely until he broke his arm. I think the '09 season was just coming to the realization that some guys like he and Springs weren't on the same page totally, and Thomas did not like being used on the strong side IIRC. That was a huge issue, he didn't want to do what was asked of him from BB.

Who knows who would work here, and who wouldn't? But it's okay to debate during a slow week right? :cool:

But it's okay to debate during a slow week right? :cool:

Better to debate this, than whether or not BB will sign Moss, and line him up next to Ocho to completely blow away the Giants.........:bricks: :D

I liked it. I like how he's not afraid to get in their faces and talk back.

From what I saw on Sunday, Lewis is alive and well... did not look slow to this viewer, also he is all over the field on every play....

How many QB's do you know that would get in Ray Lewis' face? Brady's amazing.

Doug Flutie would. I recall him not backing down from any DL/LB guys.
He was the Chuck Norris of quarterbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes