PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible OL help - rookie tryouts

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this. Wondered if anybody knows anything about either of these kids? Or any other prospective OL signings?

I thought Chim Okorafor might look interesting. He’s 6’6” and 315, and as a former college basketball forward should have some athleticism. Second link is a draftnik interview with him. Didn’t see anything to turn me off in it. Thoughts?

Patriots host two free agent offensive linemen for workouts

2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chim Okorafor, OL, Benedictine College (KS)

Just saw this. Wondered if anybody knows anything about either of these kids? Or any other prospective OL signings?

I thought Chim Okorafor might look interesting. He’s 6’6” and 315, and as a former college basketball forward should have some athleticism. Second link is a draftnik interview with him. Didn’t see anything to turn me off in it. Thoughts?

Patriots host two free agent offensive linemen for workouts

2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chim Okorafor, OL, Benedictine College (KS)

As I mentioned in another thread, I liked Trevor Reid (Cunningham's LT at Louisville) as a draftable 7th-round project with a lot of nice tools but is lacking a sturdier toolbox, which sometimes takes a little longer to build...

Never heard of the other dude until today.

Keep the tryouts coming Bill!

As I mentioned in another thread, I liked Trevor Reid (Cunningham's LT at Louisville) as a draftable 7th-round project with a lot of nice tools but is lacking a sturdier toolbox, which sometimes takes a little longer to build...

Never heard of the other dude until today.

Keep the tryouts coming Bill!
My concern with Reid is size. Can’t teach him to be 6’6”.

Okorafor seems to have the necessary build. He’s taken a circuitous path, so he might be a real project or maybe hopefully a Diamond in the rough.

I wasn't impressed with Sow at tackle, nor Steuber, really. Welcome the competition. Both of these guys spent the spring and some of TC with the Eagles, who have an outstanding line. I say bring them both in. Cut McSorley and whoever that LB is that they signed the other day.

I wasn't impressed with Sow at tackle, nor Steuber, really. Welcome the competition. Both of these guys spent the spring and some of TC with the Eagles, who have an outstanding line. I say bring them both in. Cut McSorley and whoever that LB is that they signed the other day.
I’m not expecting anything from Sow this soon. Essentially the preseason games are like training camp 11x11s for him, just more reps because that’s what he needs to develop.

I tried to watch Stueber but only saw him briefly only a few plays. Couldn’t tell anything about how he did. I’m confident the coaches view will give them much more information.

So not giving up yet on either of those two, but definitely agree on bringing these guys in for the competition. Prefer 6’6” over 6’4” but let the results speak for themselves.

I’m not expecting anything from Sow this soon. Essentially the preseason games are like training camp 11x11s for him, just more reps because that’s what he needs to develop.

I tried to watch Stueber but only saw him briefly only a few plays. Couldn’t tell anything about how he did. I’m confident the coaches view will give them much more information.

So not giving up yet on either of those two, but definitely agree on bringing these guys in for the competition. Prefer 6’6” over 6’4” but let the results speak for themselves.

I focused on both for a few series.

Sow just doesn't have it IMO. If he can't play guard, I think they need to even move on.

Steuber was much better and was only beaten twice in about a dozen reps. He actually had a double block on the TD run that might have been by accident, but he was influential on that play.

I focused on both for a few series.

Sow just doesn't have it IMO. If he can't play guard, I think they need to even move on.

Steuber was much better and was only beaten twice in about a dozen reps. He actually had a double block on the TD run that might have been by accident, but he was influential on that play.

Maybe you were being accidentally funny? "Much better", he was "only beaten twice in a dozen reps". OUCH!! Sounds like he is much better, but still really sucks :rofl: .

And the Pats had guys in for tryouts today so there must be something not quite right with our developmental tackles. Hopefully we can find a guy that can win more 2 out of 12 reps by this time next year. Hopefully.

I would overpay to bring in:

Omos ... left tackle
Odyssey Jones ... left guard
Commander Azeez ... right guard
Shanky ... right tackle
Kane .... center

My concern with Reid is size. Can’t teach him to be 6’6”.

Okorafor seems to have the necessary build. He’s taken a circuitous path, so he might be a real project or maybe hopefully a Diamond in the rough.
Reid is 6'4 and 315 lbs. So what. That's plenty of size to play OT. The bigger issues is how he moves laterally in terms of mirroring and whether not his explosive ability in his legs translates into success against pass rushers

Maybe you were being accidentally funny? "Much better", he was "only beaten twice in a dozen reps". OUCH!! Sounds like he is much better, but still really sucks :rofl: .

And the Pats had guys in for tryouts today so there must be something not quite right with our developmental tackles. Hopefully we can find a guy that can win more 2 out of 12 reps by this time next year. Hopefully.

Does it help if they were back to back?

I didn't say he was good, but Sow was like a batter swinging and missing from a pitcher that was light years too fast for him.

Have they ever cut a 4th round pick because I see nothing?

What about the Williams cat from Cincy. Instant upgrade at Tackle either side. Move Trent to right let Jonah play left.

If and I emphasize if, they get a true starting left or right tackle, that is proven in the league and not seemingly done (Reiff) then the line is solid.

Unless there is some secret plan with Anderson we are unaware of it whatever. But this is one of the strongest things I can recall in one area during a Patriots pre-season under BB. Minus the captain obvious **** from last season.

Reid is 6'4 and 315 lbs. So what. That's plenty of size to play OT. The bigger issues is how he moves laterally in terms of mirroring and whether not his explosive ability in his legs translates into success against pass rushers
I saw Reid listed at 6’4” and 295. Lacking both leverage and weight seems more of a challenge.

What about the Williams cat from Cincy. Instant upgrade at Tackle either side. Move Trent to right let Jonah play left.

If and I emphasize if, they get a true starting left or right tackle, that is proven in the league and not seemingly done (Reiff) then the line is solid.

Unless there is some secret plan with Anderson we are unaware of it whatever. But this is one of the strongest things I can recall in one area during a Patriots pre-season under BB. Minus the captain obvious **** from last season.
Why would Cincy give us their starting RT?

These were the Eagles’ 7th and 8th OTs. A lot more likely to be bodies than actual competition.

Does it help if they were back to back?

I didn't say he was good, but Sow was like a batter swinging and missing from a pitcher that was light years too fast for him.

Have they ever cut a 4th round pick because I see nothing?
Not out of TC, no. And only one during his rookie season—but that was Kareem Brown in 2007, which is not really a precedent.

It's like we should have drafted some TACKLES. It's like we should have not reached for the guys we got. Jesus. Bill, what is your plan, man?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back