PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady after 2 games - 62 for 88 (70.4%), 944 yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are unreal numbers and Brady is a freaking machine. It is hard for me to say that being a Jets fan but I have to give the man his due respect. Almost 1000 yards in two games unreal.

Honestly, I'm not sure that that's true. It's not like the Pats have been perfect on offense in either game, and there isn't a ton that I would chalk up simply to luck or weak competition. So far, they have really just been that good, and I don't see why they can't continue to be that good.
A few games in particularly nasty throwing weather might provide a road bump. After all, there was that game against the Bears last year, right? :D

But seriously, it might take an "Ice Bowl"-style game to slow this attack down.

Oops! Sorry, I credited Brady with 4 extra yards than he got. There I go padding his stats.

But you're one completion short: he's 63 of 88 (71.6%).

system qb.

Good joke. I think Brady is other worldly and amazing and deserves all of the credit in the world.

And/but it's fascinating to see how Pats 2008 vs. Colts 2011 unfolds. Having the 'system' still work without the superstar was cool to see too.

the scary thing is 2 easy dropped balls occurred yesterday. How many easy passes were dropped in game 1?:confused:

These are unreal numbers and Brady is a freaking machine. It is hard for me to say that being a Jets fan but I have to give the man his due respect. Almost 1000 yards in two games unreal.

Its a nice thought.

Undone slightly by your clumsily backwardly spelled name. ;)

Too bad his career is in "decline," or he might be putting up some really great numbers. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Board. As for that nick...I will give you a couple of Style Points, but otherwise...:violent:

Of course Brady won't put up these numbers all season, but he put up big stats for most of the season last year. Barring injuries, he should finish the season as #1 or close to it in every major passing category.

I still think this defense will be better than last year and this offense is already better than last year.

Brady and BOB need to be on the same page to have a good run attack mixed with pass. If they fall into the same trap as years past with Randy show, team will have same issues.

Thus far...2 games in
Pats are #23 in rushing attempts with 47
Pats are #16 in total rushing yards 200

Pats are #1 in pass attempts with 88
Pats are #1 in total passing yards 926

so that's a 41 play differential towards pass in just 2 games !! That means 65% pass plays vs. 35% run are either being called or checked. To me, this is not a balanced attack and problems are bound to arise November/December/January when ideal weather conditions are not suited for pass game.

Everyone is on the bandwagon now but Pats better get smart and create a balanced attack to get RB's involved. Long sustained drives will also help our Defense.

Brady and BOB need to be on the same page to have a good run attack mixed with pass. If they fall into the same trap as years past with Randy show, team will have same issues.

Thus far...2 games in
Pats are #23 in rushing attempts with 47
Pats are #16 in total rushing yards 200

Pats are #1 in pass attempts with 88
Pats are #1 in total passing yards 926

so that's a 41 play differential towards pass in just 2 games !! That means 65% pass plays vs. 35% run are either being called or checked. To me, this is not a balanced attack and problems are bound to arise November/December/January when ideal weather conditions are not suited for pass game.

Everyone is on the bandwagon now but Pats better get smart and create a balanced attack to get RB's involved. Long sustained drives will also help our Defense.

So basically no one is going to win in the playoffs because most the good teams do not have a balanced offense this year. Right now there are about five QBs on pace to break Marino's passing yard record.

Did you look at the teams that have more rushing yards? KC. Dolphins. Vikes. Jags. Most of the teams that are legitimately have a shot at the the Super Bowl either have rushed for less yards (Jets, Saints, Steelers) or less than ten yards per game more than the Pats (Packers, Ravens).

The stats are skewed because it is two games. Against the Dolphins the Pats were in a hurry up offense most of the game to use the heat against the Dolphins' defense which means the only real running play at the Pats' disposa was the draw with Woodhead. I know it was still unbalanced against the Chargers, but it is still early in the season.

I still don't get why people want to manufacturer issues with this team. This is a passing league. But even so, Belichick didn't draft two RBs because he was going to abandon the run all together.

BTW, the problems with the Randy show was not that the Pats passed too much. It was the offense was too centered around Moss and he disappeared in the playoffs. When you passing offense revolves around primarily two players and one of those players is ineffective, then the pass offense falls apart. That isn't a problem with this offense.

People forget the first two drives vs. the Jets failed because of mental errors by the Pats (Brady threw a pass directly to David Harris and Crumpler dropped an easy TD). Without those errors, the Pats might have been up 14-0 in the first and been a different game. Not trying to diminish what the Jets did, but it really wasn't the lack of running that did the Pats in in that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes