PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady after 2 games - 62 for 88 (70.4%), 944 yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that stats don't mean anything if the Ws aren't there. But this is a QB driven league and it certainly helps that the Pats have the best one.

The Pats revamped their defense on the fly and it will take some time for them to be what they can be. Remember back to 2001 and the defense was below average until around mid season when it became dominant. Not saying this defense will do that,but if this defense becomes top 10 and Brady stays the way he is this team could be virtually unstoppable.

Again, TB and Pats O cannot keep this pace. Conversely, I expect our D will also improve. 2001 D's are no longer relevant especially post pro WR rules that were put into place 5 yrs ago or so. Yes it is obvious the NFL want the league to be points scoring driven league, but keep in mind our Home field advantage last 2 yrs has not panned out despite having unstoppable offense.

If Pats are killing teams wk 12-16 with a healthy balanced running attack and controlled use of offensive weapons, I agree they can be considered a favorite.

Anyhow, this O is not as good as it looks now, and our D is not as porous as it looks now. People need to relax and see how this team "2011 version" develops week 3 -12. It is mid November onwards we will know what we have as a team.

TFB just being TFB!!!

Again, TB and Pats O cannot keep this pace. Conversely, I expect our D will also improve. 2001 D's are no longer relevant especially post pro WR rules that were put into place 5 yrs ago or so. Yes it is obvious the NFL want the league to be points scoring driven league, but keep in mind our Home field advantage last 2 yrs has not panned out despite having unstoppable offense.

If Pats are killing teams wk 12-16 with a healthy balanced running attack and controlled use of offensive weapons, I agree they can be considered a favorite.

Anyhow, this O is not as good as it looks now, and our D is not as porous as it looks now. People need to relax and see how this team "2011 version" develops week 3 -12. It is mid November onwards we will know what we have as a team.

Of course Brady won't put up these numbers all season, but he put up big stats for most of the season last year. Barring injuries, he should finish the season as #1 or close to it in every major passing category.

I still think this defense will be better than last year and this offense is already better than last year.

Agreed - I think the defense will get better week by week and later in the season, we will be more balanced - hopefully great on both sides of the ball.

but..but... but... brady can only make short passes!

You mean to tell me he didn't get 1000 yards? Cut the bum.

I like this offense MUCH MORE than the 2007 offense. The 2 tight end set is deadly because in this formation we have two lethal tight ends who can get open with good hands, but if the defense plays nickel we can just RUN IT down their throats with these same tight ends. It is much harder to defend against than a spread offense, which relies too much on slot receivers and has more trouble in the red zone.

Not bad until you got to the last part. They didn't have trouble with the red zone in 07. Moss was money in the redzone.

Absolutely terrifying. Even though the Bills will probably prove to little more than speed bumps, I still like to think we can contain him. But this offense, with Brady, has reached another level of efficient.

The man is on a mission. After that hit today, we need to appreciate what we have. The man is a machine.

The machine will not survive a 16 game schedule throwing the ball 40 times a game. I am sincerely very worried about the beating Brady is taking in these games. We do not have a dominant O line that's going to keep Brady clean. He's getting hit as he's throwing, he's getting hit on the legs. This greatest show on turf needs to develop a running game THAT TB/BO WILL USE if for no other reason than to keep 34 yr old Tom Brady out of the hospital.
Tom Brady throwing the ball 40 times a game will be the undoing of this team this year. He's not going to survive it.

The machine will not survive a 16 game schedule throwing the ball 40 times a game. I am sincerely very worried about the beating Brady is taking in these games. We do not have a dominant O line that's going to keep Brady clean. He's getting hit as he's throwing, he's getting hit on the legs. This greatest show on turf needs to develop a running game THAT TB/BO WILL USE if for no other reason than to keep 34 yr old Tom Brady out of the hospital.
Tom Brady throwing the ball 40 times a game will be the undoing of this team this year. He's not going to survive it.

I doubt he will throw 40x a game every week.

BB != Andy Reid.

Other than the two low hits he got this game, how often has he actually been hit? Against the Dolphins, he could have thrown 80 times and only been hit three or four times. Even today, other than the couple of low hits Brady barely got touched today. What. Brady was hit what three times today.

You can't be worried about Brady throwing so much when the o-line has been doing an excellent job of keeping Brady clean and when they fail, Brady has been doing a good job avoiding the pressure.

I guarantee you there were QBs who threw 50 times in the last two games who got him more than Brady so far this season. Brady isn't getting hit much at all this season. Let's not overreact based on one bad hit today because that was one of the only times Brady was hit today.

He will survive it, but it will wear him down faster, which is why I have such a big problem with the playcalling sometimes, and having him go empty or Woody too often. I mean we have two solid RB's and drafted two more great RB's, let's go back to smashmouth football and take some of the wear and tear off Brady.

I doubt he will throw 40x a game every week.

BB != Andy Reid.

I agree. I remember this was the same discussion we were having in 2009 when Brady threw for 100 times in the first two games. As the season went along, his average dropped dramatically.

That said, it isn't how often he throws, it is how often he is hit. He has been hit more in many games when he has thrown under 30 times than some of the games he has thrown over 40 times. Overall, Brady has been pretty clean this season.

Brady reminds me of the Dan Fouts days

Air Belichick :)

Although I see Brady giving the backs a lot of action next Sunday and I can see him throwing for only 250 yards or so as the team looks for more balance

Those stats can't go on forever

FYI, Brady is first in attempts, but tied for 24th with four other players in number of time sacked with three sacks (Culter has already been sacked 11 times). I don't know how his overall hits compare to other QBs, but Brady is probably one of the least hit QB in the league.

Last edited:
FYI, Brady is first in attempts, but tied for 24th with four other players in number of time sacked with three sacks (Culter has already been sacked 11 times). I don't know how his overall hits compare to other QBs, but Brady is probably one of the least hit QB in the league.

That one 'hit' today nearly put him on IR had he been in a more awkward position.

Of course Brady won't put up these numbers all season, but he put up big stats for most of the season last year.

No, but I think there is a very good chance that he could put up 400 against the Bills. Anyone ever put up 400 yds for 3 games in a row? :rocker:

That one 'hit' today nearly put him on IR had he been in a more awkward position.

That hit could have happened if he threw 15 times or 50 times. Brady tore his ACL and MCL on his second throw of the entire season in 2008. That year, they didn't even have Brady throw that much during the preseason. So he was fresh.

Unfortunately, those big hits that cause serious injury happen on any play and it has nothing to do with the frequency a QB throws. Peyton Manning has threw 679 times last season or 42.4 times a game without taking a season ending hit.

Last edited:
No, but I think there is a very good chance that he could put up 400 against the Bills. Anyone ever put up 400 yds for 3 games in a row? :rocker:

Well, if the Bills can let Jason Campbell throw for 323 yards today, there is a good chance that Brady can put 400 yards up against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back