PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady after 2 games - 62 for 88 (70.4%), 944 yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might put up 90+ on the Chiefs.

40 attempts per game equates to 540 attempts per season, which Tom has already done three times in his career, in 2002, 2007, and 2009. If you're worried that none of those were Super Bowl winning seasons, in 2003 he threw for 527 attempts. This is nothing new.

That said, if the defense improves and the Pats start blowing out teams earlier, his attempts may go down.

I don't even know what else a person can say about Tom Brady, so I won't say anything really. He's a machine . . . I guess that's saying something.

His two weeks is a good year for Donovan McNabb

Stats don't mean Jack. In the end its "W" that counts.
This early in the season it is obvious around the league most Defenses are waaaaayyy behind.

Pats need to make sure they are built to play strong and win in January. As we have seen last few years our team has been less than "stellar" come playoff time, dating back to the monster year of TB with 50 TD.

But its not about stats, its about the way he is playing. Basically, aside from the odd missed 3rd down conversion (and we are probably hitting them at NFL record pace) he looks like he can score at will. SD cuts it to 7, what does Brady do? Run for no gain on 1st and 10 then 3 passes for 61 yards and a TD.
He is hitting receivers in stride, but its not just in stride, its at the exact right time, based on the coverage too.

I don't ever remember seeing a QB including Brady in 2007 play this well. The combination of decision making and accuracy has never been seen before, IMO.

40 attempts per game equates to 540 attempts per season, which Tom has already done three times in his career, in 2002, 2007, and 2009. If you're worried that none of those were Super Bowl winning seasons, in 2003 he threw for 527 attempts. This is nothing new.

That said, if the defense improves and the Pats start blowing out teams earlier, his attempts may go down.
Ummm, 40x16 = 640 not 540

when it is all said and done... does TFB even need SB #4 to be deemed higher than Montana? TFB will get another SB. He will be here until he retires. I don't even want to think about a successor any more @ this point. I'm like "screw" Mallett at this point in time. I rather see Ryan traded to make TFB's team better 3 years from now

I have something to admit. I have a major man crush on Tom Brady.

If Hernandez is out i do not like our chances for setting that new record:(

You may be correct, though we still have Ocho lurking in the background whispering unmentionables under his breath. :biggrin2:

To be honest though, like most fans, I look at records as icing on the cake of a successful season. :rocker:

Anyhow, this O is not as good as it looks now, and our D is not as porous as it looks now. People need to relax and see how this team "2011 version" develops week 3 -12. It is mid November onwards we will know what we have as a team.

You're right this offense is gonna be better! Go ahead and make that disbelieving look now, but in games 1 and 2, this offense has actually left some points on the field. Go watch the Branch/Brady postgame. The offense is just starting to gel. The fact that they are producing at such a high rate without having reached their PEAK yet is a very scary thought. Maybe blame it on the new NFL ruleset. But the Pats 2011 offense is going to be at the JUGGERNAUT level. Get used to seeing a lot of points, because they will be coming, and in bunches. Get ready to hear the media ask - are the Pats running up the score? I'll predict it right NOW, Tom Brady and this offense will break at least ONE all-time offensive NFL record this season. Come back to me when the season is done and see if I was right.

As for the defense. Yeah, I see why people are uneasy. But assuming we can get healthy and the injuries from the last game aren't too serious, there is a lot of talent that hasn't come together yet. I mean a secondary of McCourty, Bodden, and Dowling would be the most talented trio of CBs the Pats have had as while. Sure we're still playing the 'whos gonna play next to Chung' game in the secondary but it's not the worst situation to have. We do have passrushers on our D - they just need to develop consistency. Mr. Anderson and Mr. Carter have shown they can get to the QB at times. Cunningham needs to come back healthy, etc. There's room for optimism in this area even though the D hasn't quite put it all together yet. They did manage to hold a high powered Chargers O to 21 points and did come up with clutch turnovers and a huge goal line stand so there's potential for growth here.

Last edited:
This offense is better than 2007. Better receivers, better TE's, better RB's, and Brady is more experienced. Just think, they really haven't even gotten Ocho involved yet.

They will challenge the records set in 2007 and may surpass them.

Yeah, it's never been done before; most of us were hoping against hope that MFC might have been able to do it in 2008 . . . except that that was the PIT debacle. :bricks:

That memory is what actually made me go out and look for the info because I could have sworn that MFC did do it in 2008 but I was obviously wrong. :cool:

Again, TB and Pats O cannot keep this pace. Conversely, I expect our D will also improve. 2001 D's are no longer relevant especially post pro WR rules that were put into place 5 yrs ago or so. Yes it is obvious the NFL want the league to be points scoring driven league, but keep in mind our Home field advantage last 2 yrs has not panned out despite having unstoppable offense.

If Pats are killing teams wk 12-16 with a healthy balanced running attack and controlled use of offensive weapons, I agree they can be considered a favorite.

Anyhow, this O is not as good as it looks now, and our D is not as porous as it looks now. People need to relax and see how this team "2011 version" develops week 3 -12. It is mid November onwards we will know what we have as a team.

Honestly, I'm not sure that that's true. It's not like the Pats have been perfect on offense in either game, and there isn't a ton that I would chalk up simply to luck or weak competition. So far, they have really just been that good, and I don't see why they can't continue to be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back