PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics NBA Finals Thread

didnt you here? the lakers are afraid of the boston hoodlums...

**** me the fouls the Lakers are getting already are becoming ridiculous. Put the whistles away and let them play FFS.

We've regressed into taking silly shots and missing wide open ones. Grrrrrr.

Last edited:
Wow. So a four point lead is all it took for the crowd to go quiet? Pretty embarassing. Now the Lakers have a nine point lead going into the second. Once again Paul Pierce is nowhere to be found and Ray Allen has gone cold. The Celts need at least one of those two to step up or they're losing Game 3.

Why in the crazy hell are they taking these stupid shots for? It's just plain ridiculous the shots they are trying to force. Big Baby over Bynum.... come on mate seriously. Just kick it out.

Last edited:
Jackson should just b!tch about the referees every game. Hell, look how it pays off for him and his team. I never thought I'd see a road team get all the foul calls in the NBA finals.

Can someone let Paul Pierce know that the NBA Finals have actually started? I think he's still in Orlando. They need him to step up in bad ways and he's been a ghost offensively.

are you ******* kidding me?! Ray was in the air when fisher set his damn feet. Unbeleivable. And whos this nitwit announcer huggin the refs nuts every time they blow a call. Any self respecting fan near that table should ensure his jaw needs to be wired up for a few weeks...

I so "love" the officiating tonight.

I hate to say it, but the Lakers deserve to win this game based on what I've seen so far. They're hustling harder and are generally putting in more effort. Their entire team is playing as well. Paul Pierce is nowhere to be found and Ray Allen is off. Allen I can forgive for what he did last game, but not Pierce. Pierce has sucked... hard... for this entire series. Perkins is once again playing afraid, which is nothing new. The Celtics bench has not showed up either. The Lakers simply want this more than the Celts do right now. Hopefully that will change in the second half.

Well what a **** half of basketball that was. Going to take a monster second half because the Lakers are matching everything the Celtics were able to throw at them.

Very disappointing shooting effort.

Why does Pierce continue to want to take the last shot before a half? HEY PAUL! YOU'VE SUCKED SO FAR! Hand the ball off to a guy who has actually been able to make a shot consistently for the last 10 quarters.

Why does Pierce continue to want to take the last shot before a half? HEY PAUL! YOU'VE SUCKED SO FAR! Hand the ball off to a guy who has actually been able to make a shot consistently for the last 10 quarters.
The only word I can think of to describe my feeling toward the Celtics first half is meh.

Thats what shooters do. They dont let a cold streak get to em because all it takes is one to go and all of a sudden they can't miss anything. Or thats the mind set anyway. Who should have taken it then, KG? Rondo? At least Pierce can (usually) create his own offense. Lets not forget that Artest is a beast on the defensive end, its not like hes matched up against a chump.

since i know so much about basketball, here is breakdown of the first half :)

The refs suck again...but at least they are consistant.
Kobe must have a lucky horseshoe suck up his arse, because he is throwing up so bull crap and it is all going in.

Rondo: playing well as usual
Allen: dont remember seeing him on the floor, but i am sure he was out there
Pierce: not having a good series. Needs to take over this game
Garnett: probably the biggest embarassment we have right now. He is 9 1/2 feet tall and cant rebound...all of a sudden he has hands like cinder blocks. He really is playing piss poor and i dont think we have a need for him next year. Thanks for the championship, but you act is now become old like you
Perkins: He stinks. I probably under value his play, but i think he stinks.

Bench: who knows. I am trying to write a paper for my degree, so i dont know who played or not.

These are my observations from what i have seen. Like i said, i am only half watching...which is probably good for me. Did i mention that Garnett sucks?

Thats what shooters do. They dont let a cold streak get to em because all it takes is one to go and all of a sudden they can't miss anything. Or thats the mind set anyway. Who should have taken it then, KG? Rondo? At least Pierce can (usually) create his own offense. Lets not forget that Artest is a beast on the defensive end, its not like hes matched up against a chump.

Artest was off the floor for quite some time in the first half and Pierce was still nowhere to be found. He's been INCREDIBLY inconsistent thoughout the playoffs and it's continued here. If the Celtics have any hope of winning, he MUST step up whether Artest is on the floor or not.

Kobe must have a lucky horseshoe suck up his arse, because he is throwing up so bull crap and it is all going in.

Garnett: probably the biggest embarassment we have right now. He is 9 1/2 feet tall and cant rebound...all of a sudden he has hands like cinder blocks. He really is playing piss poor and i dont think we have a need for him next year. Thanks for the championship, but you act is now become old like you

Bench: who knows. I am trying to write a paper for my degree, so i dont know who played or not.

These are my observations from what i have seen. Like i said, i am only half watching...which is probably good for me. Did i mention that Garnett sucks?
Garnett has been excellent tonight.

Garnett has been excellent tonight.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's been watching either. Garnett and Rondo are the only guys that have been stepping up tonight.

Last edited:

With ya on rondo, ray, paul, n perk. KG is showing up though (with an exception or two of a couple piss poor rebounding efforts), why Doc pulled him for so long at the end of the 1st beginning of the 2nd is beyond me. He's shooting the lights out tonight and (for the most part) having his way with Plush Gasol on the offensive end. Ray wont stay cold and hopefully Paul will wake the hell up. How about sending in a scrub to commit some flagrants on Kobe/Gasol? Lets bring a little bit of Slapshot to the finals, what can Stern/Refs do about that? Prove that it was a coaching decision and not an enraged player acting out.

Perkins should have just taken the technical at the end of Game 2. He's been playing so soft in this series and it's evident in the rebounding. Side note: 3 pointer Piece. Hopefully this is the beginning of good things.

EDIT: Nevermind, just picked up his fourth foul.

Last edited:
Jesus. Ray Allen can't sink a thing at the moment.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back