PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jasyon Tatum is still overrated

Worst shooter on team takes second most shots on team. Worst 3 pointer shooter takes second most 3 pointers. Worst dribbler dribbles most. What can go wrong?

Are there any positive aspects of the team? :whistle:

Thanks for being honest. Yes, it appears as though you are struggling.

Red was amazing, but not infallible. The fans love the 3 point shot and it has reinvigorated the league. Red was wrong in this case.

There is crazy money in all sports. No reason to worry or care about that. You struggle because you are concerned about all the wrong issues. Digging up old Red quotes is the wrong approach. Try sitting back and enjoying something new.
I enjoy the LIV golf tour, especially now that they added another of the world's top players. That's new and there's also plenty of money coming from the Saudis. Jon Rahm is looking at 300 million just to switch from the PGA. However, the LIV tour still charges a fraction of what the NBA charges to watch.

I've actually been trying to warm up to the current NBA and I'm still working on it. But to me it's like watching a bunch of 7 footers play H-O-R-S-E, so that's an issue. And as an old timer I can also see how much expansion has diluted the talent. When Russell and Wilt played they played against each other 150 times with 50 of those games in the playoffs. LeBrick will play many more years and only face a top player 30 or 40 times TOTAL.

There's plenty of reason to care about the costs if you have a family and want decent tickets.

As for Red, some day after Bill is gone we can compare who was the most fallible, Red or Bill. I know the answer to that one and it isn't even close.

Lebron made the final 4 of this in season tournament. Let's hope the Celtics ****ing figure it out before the real playoffs start. Seems like they always lose when an opponents star player has a great game. Tatum can't match. Or can't raise the game of those around him. Celtics of old used to let Wilt have his 40points but the TEAM would win.
Talk about overrated, Lebron leads the list. He's a figment of the Nike marketeers' imaginations. He's the Michelle Wei of the NBA only he had the ability to pick his own team. Poor Michelle was on her own once her parents caved in.

Those Celtics of old were coached by Red and were loaded with talented players. This team is not. In general the teams they played also had more talented players because there were half as many teams as there are now. It's simple math.

Maybe that explains why the current Celtics, rated the top team now, would get blown out of the water by any other of the top Celtic teams of the past and some of the teams they beat.

You're missing the best player in the league
I was actually doing the comparison with HOF level players with more years but used Tatum and Brown for a comparison. So by all means mystery man, please stand up.

I was actually doing the comparison with HOF level players with more years but used Tatum and Brown for a comparison. So by all means mystery man, please stand up.
I don't think the current best player in the league is any mystery

Celtics vs. Knicks
Boston wins 133-123, actually; the Knicks were never in it.

Jaylen Brown was a Boston Celtic's embarrassment. He needs to be taught that his actions were unacceptable. Brown was accessed technical fouls, plus he was thrown out of the game. I expect the league to get involved with him, and he will be fined; I hope the fine is significant enough to convey that what Brown did was inexcusable.

I am having trouble liking Jaylen Brown as a player. I would like some feedback regarding my impressions. Thank you

While on the court he moves around as if he had a load in his pants.

He tends to turn over the ball too much.

He thinks he can dribble through 3 or 4 opposing players.

He is a head job, he thinks he is better than Tatum or anyone on the team.

He expresses his opinions about things other than basketball and mixes the two and it hurts the team. For example he expresses that he thinks there is a racial problem in Boston and he is going to fix it. I say great, do that when you are the best player on the Celtics or NBA. He also thinks the game strategies are wrong the Celtics should play like the Pacers. WTF

He thinks he is the leader of the team. He is not

Have you noticed in a game other players excluding KP and JT don't pass to him very much, only when it is obviously the move?

On defense, he is non-existent or he is waving his hand like a girl in front of the shooter.

He is going to be one of the highest-paid players, what I have posted is nonsense. I must not know what I am talking about.

He scores a lot of points, I am wrong.

Oh well the player that led the team last night was White not Brown, and that's not racist.

Enough, He must be great. I am here broke and he isn't there with all that money.

Happy Holidays

I am having trouble liking Jaylen Brown as a player. I would like some feedback regarding my impressions. Thank you

He expresses his opinions about things other than basketball and mixes the two and it hurts the team. For example he expresses that he thinks there is a racial problem in Boston and he is going to fix it. I say great, do that when you are the best player on the Celtics or NBA. He also thinks the game strategies are wrong the Celtics should play like the Pacers. WTF

Have you noticed in a game other players excluding KP and JT don't pass to him very much, only when it is obviously the move?

On defense, he is non-existent or he is waving his hand like a girl in front of the shooter.

He is going to be one of the highest-paid players, what I have posted is nonsense. I must not know what I am talking about.

Oh well the player that led the team last night was White not Brown, and that's not racist.

Enough, He must be great. I am here broke and he isn't there with all that money.

Happy Holidays
I completely disagree on many counts so here would be my response.

1. Yes turnovers have been a problem for both Brown and Tatum in the past and to start the season. In this stretch Jaylen Brown's turnovers have fallen, although Tatum's have not. Brown's play making ability has clearly seen strides as he is playing less selfishly and working to find open guys rather than shooting a bunch of spot up three pointers.

2. He is absolutely not non-existent on defense. I'm not sure where you gathered that from. When he wants to play defense he is excellent due to his athleticism.

3. He has a load in his pants when on the floor? He plays with the most speed of anyone on this team along with Payton Pritchard. Theres a reason why fast breaks are a specialty for him.

4. Your take on KP and JT not passing to him is murky and its well established that he and KP have arguably the best chemistry and relationship on the current team. So you're acting like they don't like him as a teammate or player. Not the case.

5. You say he is not a leader, I say he is absolutely the leader on the team, or at least the tone setter if there isn't an established leader. He is much better than JT in this regard.

Finally you are focused on things like race and politics. You ask why you don't like him as a player but it seems that it starts with you not liking his personal views and that bleeds into your perception of him on the court. You don't want to like him because he is an activist for racial injustice and you think he should "shut up and dribble"...that's pretty much what you are implying.

I completely disagree on many counts so here would be my response.

1. Yes turnovers have been a problem for both Brown and Tatum in the past and to start the season. In this stretch Jaylen Brown's turnovers have fallen, although Tatum's have not. Brown's play making ability has clearly seen strides as he is playing less selfishly and working to find open guys rather than shooting a bunch of spot up three pointers.

2. He is absolutely not non-existent on defense. I'm not sure where you gathered that from. When he wants to play defense he is excellent due to his athleticism.

3. He has a load in his pants when on the floor? He plays with the most speed of anyone on this team along with Payton Pritchard. Theres a reason why fast breaks are a specialty for him.

4. Your take on KP and JT not passing to him is murky and its well established that he and KP have arguably the best chemistry and relationship on the current team. So you're acting like they don't like him as a teammate or player. Not the case.

5. You say he is not a leader, I say he is absolutely the leader on the team, or at least the tone setter if there isn't an established leader. He is much better than JT in this regard.

Finally you are focused on things like race and politics. You ask why you don't like him as a player but it seems that it starts with you not liking his personal views and that bleeds into your perception of him on the court. You don't want to like him because he is an activist for racial injustice and you think he should "shut up and dribble"...that's pretty much what you are implying.
very good points. I am the furthest from being a racist. Brown has his causes to get the attention for himself, notice what he does when he dunks, to get attention on himself. Your other points are good. That doesn't mean I agree with you. His assists started in December of 2023 when he was called out for having ZERO assists. He is still a leader in turnovers in some games. He is focus in December because he got called out and Tatum and Mazzulla had to defend him, so for 2 maybe 3 weeks he has been passing. Since he is carpooling with KP he has been passing to him. How about his interaction with Holiday, non existent for reason I previously stated.

Happy Holidays
You’re right on most counts but JaylenBoy5 has come to his rescue I see. I don’t pay any attention to his off court stuff but you’ve definitely nailed his attitude. It’s hard for him to even fake it when his teammates do well and he’s struggling. Go to Celtics thread to see full breakdown of why I don’t like Brown as a player.

But yeah, everyone who doesn’t like him must be racist or something (just don’t talk about how there’s zero criticism for the attitude of Tatum, White, Holiday, any other black player.)

I don't think the current best player in the league is any mystery
Whomever you think that is didn't have enough years in the league for the comparison or you would have seen him there. Sorry if that was too complicated for you to understand in my first response.

Happy Holidays
I don't believe that any player is the main problem with this team. It's the way they play. Even when they have a double digit lead late in games they're firing up 3's on their first or second touch. It's frustrating to watch.

You’re right on most counts but JaylenBoy5 has come to his rescue I see. I don’t pay any attention to his off court stuff but you’ve definitely nailed his attitude. It’s hard for him to even fake it when his teammates do well and he’s struggling. Go to Celtics thread to see full breakdown of why I don’t like Brown as a player.

But yeah, everyone who doesn’t like him must be racist or something (just don’t talk about how there’s zero criticism for the attitude of Tatum, White, Holiday, any other black player.)
first Happy Holidays to you and yours. you say go to Celtics Thread, Where is this thread? thank you. healthy new year to you and yours.

I don't believe that any player is the main problem with this team. It's the way they play. Even when they have a double digit lead late in games they're firing up 3's on their first or second touch. It's frustrating to watch.
you are absolutely correct, it is the coach that wants this. Happy Holidays to you and yours. The constant 3s is frustrating.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back