PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jasyon Tatum is still overrated

I think people are underestimating the value of Holiday to the team effort of the Celtics.

Tatum is a different player this season than his past few years. He is the Celtic team leader and he is a Team Player today.

Brown has improved the season in some areas, but only slightly, looking at every part of his game for the past 58 games.

If you had to trade one, HAD TO TRADE ONE, who would you pick of Tatum, Porzingis, White, Holiday and Brown? I would pick Brown. They can win without him with an average replacement.
I really like Brown's skillset but he hasn't become consistent enough in both shooting and passing. I expected more out of him and he'd be my choice too.

Holiday is sneaky good and comes up with big plays on both sides of the ball.

White is the most consistent of them all and Porzingis and Tatum are their top players.

^^^^^^^^^
Not here. All of us here are very aware of what Jrue brings to the team on a nightly basis..
He is a  major upgrade to Smart. He brings the same great defense and toughness as Marcus but is a much better offensive player. And he doesn't do any weird, "bad" Marcus stuff offensively. He's the best, as in #1 in the nba, corner 3 pt shooter.
Jrue and White are similar in that both always seem to make the right play.
I wouldn't swap our starting backcourt for anyones. And that's saying something

More on Jrue: he's joining Tatum on the Olympic team.
So hoisting #18 to the rafters in June, followed by Gold Medal in July?
I'd be good with that

Jason Tatum has changed. He is the leader we expected. He is the team's court manager, passing to the best shot, taking charge when necessary. He has matured in the NBA. He is top 10 bordering top 5 and just turned 26 yrs old.

Jason Tatum has changed. He is the leader we expected. He is the team's court manager, passing to the best shot, taking charge when necessary. He has matured in the NBA. He is top 10 bordering top 5 and just turned 26 yrs old.
This is funny coming from me, the man who created this thread, but Tatum is in the top 5 already and shooting for better.

This is funny coming from me, the man who created this thread, but Tatum is in the top 5 already and shooting for better.
we shouldn't disagree whether Tatum is top 5 yet, the major point is his progress and leadership with the Celtics. I just hope he delivers, and I except he will, and get the team to the championship round. My thoughts are they play the Nuggets for the banner.
Go Celtics... Go Tatum

Can you change the thread title and add a y to his name? It bothers me every time I read it lol

The NBA is in flux right now as the old stars (LeFraud, Curry, Durant) are dimming and some of the younger guys (SGA, Edwards, Doncic) are rising. Tatum is in kind of an odd spot because he’s in the middle of the emerging stars and the fading stars. He is still looking to prove himself with a championship and falls into the up and coming group and at the same time he’s very well established with all his deep playoff runs and all star games so people aren’t excited about him and have come to take his game for granted because he isn’t fresh and cool.

Can you change the thread title and add a y to his name? It bothers me every time I read it lol

The NBA is in flux right now as the old stars (LeFraud, Curry, Durant) are dimming and some of the younger guys (SGA, Edwards, Doncic) are rising. Tatum is in kind of an odd spot because he’s in the middle of the emerging stars and the fading stars. He is still looking to prove himself with a championship and falls into the up and coming group and at the same time he’s very well established with all his deep playoff runs and all star games so people aren’t excited about him and have come to take his game for granted because he isn’t fresh and cool.
I'm not surprised that I didn't have the proper spelling. Thanks for the correction.

One alarming thing to me is Tatum's lack of success during crunch time. He's not a good choice to take the big shot in a close game.

And the other thing that sticks out is Brown's poor free throw shooting. If he doesn't improve that he might not be a great crunch-time option either.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back