PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there chaos with the Celtics..is Brown the problem?

Brown is not a problem for the Celtics anymore, he got $304M. The contract is signed. Too bad, he didn't deserve it based on his past performance. Now it will be about being perfect as the highest-paid player in the NBA.

Brown is not a problem for the Celtics anymore, he got $304M. The contract is signed. Too bad, he didn't deserve it based on his past performance. Now it will be about being perfect as the highest-paid player in the NBA.
The way the CBA is structured is why brown got paid.. being an ALL NBA selection is the reason he got paid. Brown is a excellent player.. he has his flaws, but thanks to the NBAPA he got his bag!. I'm always going to root for guys to get paid.

Yuk. Oh well.

My gut tells me Tatum and he do get along and it's always better to ensure you lock up a valuable asset as opposed to compromising it's value.

If he was a better ball -handler, went to the rim more and created for his teammates i'd feel better about this. Problem is he isn't.

We'll need to look at the contract to see how "trade-able" it is.

Yuk. Oh well.

My gut tells me Tatum and he do get along and it's always better to ensure you lock up a valuable asset as opposed to compromising it's value.

If he was a better ball -handler, went to the rim more and created for his teammates i'd feel better about this. Problem is he isn't.

The ALL-NBA recognition is what commands the types of pay days. The owners agreed to it.. I too wish he were a better ball handler as well.. Brown is a good player.. glad he resigned though. I'm curious to see what the rest of the roster looks like.. why do I feel that we aren't closer to a title..

WTF .... crazy money for a player who never should have earned 2nd team ...
I mean yes ... love to watch him and sure glad we have him but this is an overpay.

Flip side of this ... Stevens is jerking other teams shamelessly ...
they will be blowing up their cap money now .. anyone who thinks they are better than Jaylen will financially bury their team.

Yuk. Oh well.

No trade for a year.No "No Trade" provision, and I think he gets a bonus if traded could be wrong about this. No player option at end like Tatum got.

The way the CBA is structured is why brown got paid.. being an ALL NBA selection is the reason he got paid. Brown is a excellent player.. he has his flaws, but thanks to the NBAPA he got his bag!. I'm always going to root for guys to get paid.
I understand

No trade for a year.No "No Trade" provision, and I think he gets a bonus if traded could be wrong about this. No player option at end like Tatum got.
Yep. He's here this upcoming year but theoretically can be traded after next year. He didn't get a no trade clause but if traded, 15% gets tacked on to anything remaining on his new deal.

So he is trade-able which is the best we can hope for if thing implodes

Last edited:
The ALL-NBA recognition is what commands the types of pay days. The owners agreed to it.. I too wish he were a better ball handler as well.. Brown is a good player.. glad he resigned though. I'm curious to see what the rest of the roster looks like.. why do I feel that we aren't closer to a title..
We are about the same. Celtics are talented. Mazz and the coaching should be better. Porz for Smart is essentially a wash but might be addition by subtraction. Brissett is a fine replacement for Grant.

We are about the same. Celtics are talented. Mazz and the coaching should be better. Porz for Smart is essentially a wash but might be addition by subtraction. Brissett is a fine replacement for Grant.
Agreed.. brissett is one of those guys you need to have.. like his game and how he plays. Porzingis I really like.. he's a automatic mismatch.. he's a rim protector, can put pressure on offenses.. Bam will have his work cut out. I like having Cassell on the staff.. all Joe needed was seasoning.. it's the same as a player you don't learn unless you get invaluable experience.. he took this team to the ECF. Game 7 after being down 3 zip.. that's coaching!

...all Joe needed was seasoning.. it's the same as a player you don't learn unless you get invaluable experience.. he took this team to the ECF. Game 7 after being down 3 zip.. that's coaching!
That I don't know. Could go either way.

With that said some teams don't need an elite coach on the bench who knows how to create urgency, push the right buttons, instill discipline, scheme, feel for the game, etc. Some coaches are a good fit for one team but not another.

This team might just need a professional ego manager and one who creates/fosters a team-first culture.

I don't think Mazz is horrible but I don't know if he's the right coach for this team - yet.

That I don't know. Could go either way.

With that said some teams don't need an elite coach on the bench who knows how to create urgency, push the right buttons, instill discipline, scheme, feel for the game, etc. Some coaches are a good fit for one team but not another.

This team might just need a professional ego manager and one who creates/fosters a team-first culture.

I don't think Mazz is horrible but I don't know if he's the right coach for this team - yet.
I think Joe is a good coach.. he was on the bench with ime.. he has his own style and his own way to coach and motivate guys.. the organization is 100% behind him.. Joe's a very intelligent guy.. he's young enough and can relate to the players. I like Joe and the experience he got last season will only help him. There have been plenty of examples of talented teams who never won titles. I believe Joe has a much better staff this season, and main thing is he has the support of the organization. But your right on your point as well. As coach Malone in Denver I really like.

I think Joe is a good coach.. he was on the bench with ime.. he has his own style and his own way to coach and motivate guys.. the organization is 100% behind him.. Joe's a very intelligent guy.. he's young enough and can relate to the players. I like Joe and the experience he got last season will only help him. There have been plenty of examples of talented teams who never won titles. I believe Joe has a much better staff this season, and main thing is he has the support of the organization. But your right on your point as well. As coach Malone in Denver I really like.
His staff is 200% better. No question. Cassell and Lee should be head coaches, To have them both on the staff is a coup

Porzingis I really like.. he's a automatic mismatch
He's what brings the Celtics closer to a title this year. I think that's been a bit of an underrated addition

The coaching cost them hugely last year, so the fact that it won't be as much of a negative this year is a positive

He's what brings the Celtics closer to a title this year. I think that's been a bit of an underrated addition

The coaching cost them hugely last year, so the fact that it won't be as much of a negative this year is a positive
Agreed, I was mentioning this with @RobertWeathers regarding Porzingis.. he's a unique player.. excellent rim protector, rebounder, can step outside. Midrange, can pass. He exactly what they needed.. no more excuses now.. Jayson and Jalen are 7 year NBA vet's now.. they aren't kids anymore.

Time to show up consistently in the post season like other celtics greats have done.

Well, Brown is signed to a big contract for 5 years but it is 1 year. Unless the Celtics win a championship with Brown in the next 2 years he will be gone.

This season doesn't start the new contract. It starts next season. There is a one-year no-trade so next season he can't be traded. This season he won't be traded. By the 3rd and for sure the 4th year he will not be the highest-paid player.

He did make the Super Max contract. The Union did this. He qualified by the rules. Period. He may not deserve this contract but he qualified.

I do expect the fans and the media will be all over him if he doesn't improve his defense, moving to the left problem, loose ball handling, shot selection, passing accurately, and his offense at the FT line.

All his talk about improving race relationships in Boston, his education foundation and in general improving the balance of incomes. He is paid to play Basketball. That is where he will be judged IMO with a Championship. Brown and Tatum have been together for 5 years and have yet to deliver #18.

Pressure is on IMO.

The Chaos of Jaylen Brown is gone with him signing his Super Max contract. There still may be some on the court but we will have to wait and see.

But then there is Malcoln Brodgon. Mazzulla said healing within the organization, not his words exactly. The word is the Celtics would trade Brodgon now if they could, they tried before but his health was a problem. The word is that the Celtics are not going to extend his contract so he has this season to go on his present contract. However, if he plays well before the next trade deadline the Celtics plan to trade him. I think the play of White at point guard will determine the Celtic's moves. Brodgon is a point guard, White has not been in that position he is being converted. IMO Pritchard is not a point guard but can help White during gameplay with a few minutes. So IMO Brodgon is the Chaos within the team, now.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back