PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics NBA Finals Thread

Celts up 5 with just over a minute remaining. Hold on, boys, and send this ***** back to Boston.

It really says something about this team when they can play their absolute worst ball of the playoffs and still hand the Lakers a loss in L.A. If Pierce and Garnett get it together, this team could take the Lakers in 6. Let's hope some home cooking gets both of their heads in it just long enough to take the series. God knows I despise the Lakers.

Rajon Rondo is a GOD!

It really says something about this team when they can play their absolute worst ball of the playoffs and still hand the Lakers a loss in L.A. If Pierce and Garnett get it together, this team could take the Lakers in 6. Let's hope some home cooking gets both of their heads in it just long enough to take the series. God knows I despise the Lakers.
We really have no business winning this game tonight. Us Celtics fans owe a massive amount of gratitude to Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen and to a small extent Rasheed Wallace tonight.

1-1 after Garnett and Pierce's performance with home court advantage is massive now.

Last edited:
How about Big Baby's display tonight. He was a monster. Robinson came in and got the offense going. Someone needs to tell KG to leave his damn cane on the sidelines, tough to rebound with one hand...

And then theres Ray. Guy was absolutely on fire tonight. Refs blew a couple our way towards the end, and I'd say that probably swung it our way in the last few minutes. I'd also say we have the NBA version of Manning face in Gasol, that 7 ft plush toy looked like he saw the German Panzers storming the border late in the 4th.

We really have no business winning this game tonight. Us Celtics fans owe a massive amount of gratitude to Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen and to a small extent Rasheed Wallace tonight.

1-1 after Garnett and Pierce's performance with home court advantage is massive now.

I have to think KG has is hurt [bad]. No way a guy with his intensity puts on such a pathetic performance otherwise.

Pierce looked crappy but played amazing defense. He just needs to learn how to hold on to the damn ball--never seen anyone get the ball stripped away from him so much. Complete lack of awareness at times.

The key is getting into Gasol's head. Just need to beat the sh!t out of him and get him frustrated. Someone said even to activate Scalabrine just to beat up on Gasol. I agree.

Last edited:
Jesus Shuttlesworth really saved the day and also an average night for Kobe...
21 pts for kobe and bynum , 25 odd for gasol and the pierce and KG sucked and somehow they won. I guess the foul trouble for odom helps the celts.

Not how the average fan would have drawn it up but it's worth a "W" and winning one on the road is a great trip. Hopefully the guys can now win 2/3 at least at home. They are on fumes ... but they're doing it.

A special mention here for the coaching performance by Doc and Tom ... the 6th man so far in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I have to think KG has is hurt [bad]. No way a guy with his intensity puts on such a pathetic performance otherwise.

Pierce looked crappy but played amazing defense. He just needs to learn how to hold on to the damn ball--never seen anyone get the ball stripped away from him so much. Complete lack of awareness at times.

The key is getting into Gasol's head. Just need to beat the sh!t out of him and get him frustrated. Someone said even to activate Scalabrine just to beat up on Gasol. I agree.

Well, kg's initial shove of running into gasol was uncalled for. He just needs to play better.

hilarious ESPN highlights with stu scott. All the plays of kobe in the end and show the celtics winning score.

Man,Kobe's foul trouble is getting so much media attn..they forget how ray allen was taken out in game 1 because of the fouls.

I'm making this bold statement: Pau Gasol will get a technical foul in game 3. First KG now the hard foul on Perkins.

He is trying to bait the Celtics into drawing one and the Celtics are playing it smart and not biting.

Last edited:
I'm making this bold statement: Pau Gasol will get a technical foul in game 3. First KG now the hard foul on Perkins.

He is trying to bait the Celtics into drawing one and the Celtics are playing it smart and not biting.

I hope someone punches his ugly face in. I don't think I've ever hated a basketball player as much as him.

They already are in his head at the end of the game...last three minutes he was on the verge of a meltdown especially with the turnover against KG and the hard foul against Perkins...

They already are in his head at the end of the game...last three minutes he was on the verge of a meltdown especially with the turnover against KG and the hard foul against Perkins...

right now both perk and kg arent playing well enough to bother him and having bynum really helps them. i think the lakers still have the adv with both of them there and they had 13 odd blocks. The celts need to adjust to these two otherwise its going to hard to beat the lakers.

I hope someone punches his ugly face in. I don't think I've ever hated a basketball player as much as him.
You're on the list for a beer if I venture to the States Kontra. Pau Gasol ****s me like no tomorrow. Almost as much as Joakim Noah.

right now both perk and kg arent playing well enough to bother him and having bynum really helps them. i think the lakers still have the adv with both of them there and they had 13 odd blocks. The celts need to adjust to these two otherwise its going to hard to beat the lakers.

Them playing well enough has no factor in him having a meltdown...he was doing it despite their play. Frankly I am not worried about them struggling.

I agree--you saw a glimpse at the end of the game. Actually I think it was Wallace that started to get under his skin and frustrate him more than anything--just schooled him defensively a couple of times in the third.

Watching KG was just painful although he found ways to contribute at the end. Maybe it's a completely different story if Garnett isn't in foul trouble all the time, but I'd much rather have Rasheed than KG on Gasol at this point. Just Rasheed's height/reach makes a big difference against Gasol and Bynum (plus the fact that Garnett can't jump).

Last edited:
look_alikes_13.jpg

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back