PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Finals

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Felt a need to start this thread ... if anyone here is watching.
Good tough Heat play and game plan which some experts predicted.
They were saying let Jokic get his points but take away his assists.
Pretty much what the Heat did to go along with nice shooting.

Also did Michael Malone go to the Joe Mazzulla coaching academy. :rofl:
Nugget fans are going insane in their forums ... always fun to read these posts IMO.

Looking forward to the next games ... if the Heat win this .... WOW!

Last edited:
Felt a need to star this thread ... if anyone here is watching.
Good tough Heat game plan which some experts predicted.
Pretty much what they did with some good shooting we saw.

There's no coaching for officials calling fouls for Miami flops. It's a shame as they played one heck of a second half but the reality is, the crew carried them to that win. It was disgusting watching Butler, Vincent, and Lowry launching themselves every which way for rubbish calls.

There's no coaching for officials calling fouls for Miami flops. It's a shame as they played one heck of a second half but the reality is, the crew carried them to that win. It was disgusting watching Butler, Vincent, and Lowry launching themselves every which way for rubbish calls.
Jokic gets away with a ton of crap ... hate reffing by reputation ... ruins the game ... today's NBA is a tough watch for my generation. The Celtics, Lakers, Pistons ... etc.

Felt a need to start this thread ... if anyone here is watching.
Good tough Heat play and game plan which some experts predicted.
Pretty much what the Heat did to go along with nice shooting.

Nugget fans are going insane in their forums ... always fun to read these posts IMO.

The heat have a philosophy, a mentality. It's a 90s basketball mentality they have tough, gritty, ugly basketball.

Denver will adjust just like the heat did. The heat thier key is adebayo when he's in foul trouble or ineffective the heat struggle. Denver has the depth and athleticism to deal with Miami. I'll say this once oladepo and herro return likely next season the heat are a dangerous team. Malone is believe is a great coach and knows how to get his guys motivated. If the heat do win this.. they will be the hunted all next season.

Jokic gets away with a ton of crap ... hate reffing by reputation ... ruins the game ... today's NBA is a tough watch for my generation. The Celtics, Lakers, Pistons ... etc.

He commits offensive fouls on every possession as he elbows his way down the court. It’s shocking how much he gets away with, including with the ball, when they slow-mo it.

He commits offensive fouls on every possession as he elbows his way down the court. It’s shocking how much he gets away with, including with the ball, when they slow-mo it.
Best era to watch the NBA was 90s and early 2000s..

This town is in shock today. Denver hasn't lost at home since March. Let see how they respond.

80's were the best
Absolutely!! But the game truly evolved in the early 90s.. once the 90s rolled around tv contracts.. the money the nba was able to start generating become astronomical

Jimmy Butler would have flourished at that time.
Maybe it's just me ...always have been a Jimmy Butler fan.
Also on the Heat a Victor Oladipo fan ...
Jocik never .... I respect his talent for a big dude ... IDK ... just not a fan.

I have no rooting interest and game 2 was one of the most one sided referreed games I've seen in a while. The no-call goal tending at the end to make it a one point game was the cherry on top for Miami. Denver was getting called for offensive fouls that Miami would go do and get to shoot free throws. All that plus 48% from 3 and Miami still only squeaked it out.

I can't stand how Lowry and Adebayo play the game. I don't know if it's just how they play or Spoelstra teaches his guys to throw elbows and hit guys in the face. I can't decide if I want Lowry to get another ring so he will finally retire or not. Jumping forward when you shoot a 3 pointer should be a technical on you.

Jimmy Butler would have flourished at that time.
Maybe it's just me ...always have been a Jimmy Butler fan.
Also on the Heat a Victor Oladipo fan ...
Jocik never .... I respect his talent for a big dude ... IDK ... just not a fan.
The heat like us.. have alot of talented players at the same positions as you mentioned olidipo, stress, herro.. all those guys are SGs however better than having a good coach it's pat Riley and Alonzo mourning.. the accountability that the heat organization holds to thier players is just phenomenal. They remind me of our patriots teams over the years the work ethic, the grind the accountability. Joker the guy is just phenomenal what he can do.. he's a selfless players.. I admire the way Denver plays, they play with pace, urgency, have guys that can defend at a high level. Miamis shooters got off in game 2 however I'm expecting Denver's guards to harass Miamis shooters all game like game 1.

Jumping forward when you shoot a 3 pointer should be a technical on you.

Imo it’s the worst call in the NBA and ruins much of the enjoyment. I’m still miffed about the NBA Finals in 2009 (?) when Kobe against the Celtics couldn’t make anything so started diving into Celtics, who were standing with their hands up playing D, to draw multiple 3 pt fouls. I haven’t seen it a lot in recent years but Butler does it when it’s desperation time. There’s almost no way for a defender to avoid the foul when the shooter takes a 45 degree angle into the shot, and the refs have to realize this. I don’t know about a technical but it should be an offensive foul when a shooter purposely leans into the defender like that. NBA needs to look at this.

I've seen the NBA in what I've broken down into 4 eras, 60-75, 75-90, 90-05 and 05-20. The next era is in it's infancy.

I'd rate my favorite era as 60-75, when the game was played and called purely. It was also a time when the top players and teams played each other much more than they do now. Because there were fewer teams Russell and Wilt faced off in about a hundred regular season games and 50 playoff games. Of the top players that LeBrick has played in his twenty years the most has been 69 vs Paul Pierce and 60 vs Kevin Garnett, and that's counting both the season and playoffs.

I've seen the NBA in what I've broken down into 4 eras, 60-75, 75-90, 90-05 and 05-20. The next era is in it's infancy.

I'd rate my favorite era as 60-75, when the game was played and called purely. It was also a time when the top players and teams played each other much more than they do now. Because there were fewer teams Russell and Wilt faced off in about a hundred regular season games and 50 playoff games. Of the top players that LeBrick has played in his twenty years the most has been 69 vs Paul Pierce and 60 vs Kevin Garnett, and that's counting both the season and playoffs.
Great post, I appreciate your insight as I was born in the 70s and I watched the game from the age of 10 until now in my late 40s.

Here's what I'll say, speaking for my era. the game as your perfectly stated was pure back then as it was based of pride and respect for the sport! Once the late 80s early 90s rolled around when the national TV deals got involved it brung in substantial money for the owners. I'll always root for the players in every sport whether we like them or not to get paid!

Transcendent players outside the pillars of cousy, Russell, heinshon, west, chamerberlain and so many others the 90s is where the NBA really took off as far as it's brand. Jordan took the NBA globally, and helped generate billions for the league and owners. Same for kobe, LeBron.

I really miss the 90s NBA where guys played with heart and guys didn't create super teams to win a chip. I'm so happy to have watched the 80s celtics where it was about we not me. Bird was probably the most deadliest shooter in that time period.

Imagine if bird had the personality of a shaq his brand would be through the roof post retirement.

Heat fans lining up at the bathrooms to cocaine up.
Loads of empty seats .... Kontra called this crap.

Heat fans lining up at the bathrooms to cocaine up.
Loads of empty seats .... Kontra called this crap.
Heat ran out of gas....good lord what a beating at home....guess the butler DIDN'T do it..(sorry, hackneyed play on words is a failing of mine)

In NBA history, there has never been a game where two teammates had 30 pt triple doubles until tonight. To see it happen in a Finals game is remarkable.

Murray has incredible lateral quickness…he‘s so good because he can move up, down, left, right so well. It makes me realize the main problem with Jaylen Brown, that he runs a single vertical lane like he’s a wooden Foosball player.

Jokic reminds me of a slower but more powerful, more versatile Tim Duncan. Better offensively but the two are close when you factor in defense.

I was thinking today even coach Spo ... these guys too much tied to current NBA. ... the excellence of Adebayo aside.

Anyways older NBA and this strategy can still be used in current NBA ... an excellent PG Scorer or not ... u have Adebayo and he is a playoff mvp IMO. ... and then run 3 different stiffs out there and hack the crap out of Jocik to wear him down .... this was done for many years but these coaches want the maximum 3 point shooters as possible out there ... well okay ... Jocik will just bleed you out slowly ... soft ass NBA players celtics ... Heat ... Jocik is old school u morons.

****y ass vagina coaches.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back