PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing at the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bella*chick said:
The only way???

It actually teaches a dog to crap where you don't find it.

If you do own dogs, I highly suggest you start looking under your furniture.:rolleyes:

I don't have dogs, but that's why my parents always did. That and take them out alot and praise them when they put their deposit down on the neighbors' lawn.

Brady is the only one who doesn't need to get booed, as he puts alot of pressure on himself. Maybe Harrison too. At least he's trying.

Why weren't there any interceptions? We can't intercept Loss-man? He is terrible. Anything less than 2 interceptions from this clown is bad. WE made him look like an all-pro.

captain stone said:
Brady himself said that if he were in the stands, he would have booed, too. That's good enough for me.

NEM et al. are correct: much of the booing was directed at the end-of-half play-calling, and also at the overall play-calling, which was atrocious.
(I HATE empty-backfield formations, esp. in situations where the run is still an option.)

If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. Besides, it wasn't personal. And what were the fans to do, anyway? Give them a Standing O? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that BB ripped them a new one at halftime. Or should he have patted their bums and whispered "attaboy" in their ears? Give me a break.

"Brady himself said that if he were in the stands, he would have booed, too. That's good enough for me."

This is about ALL that needs to be said on this subject.......Most of the "real" players on this team would agree......we are not booing the past.....thanks for everything you have given us.......it was and is awesome....now, for today.....in the first half the team STUNK.....they didn't deserve any praises....and the opposite of praise....is a boo........that is what they got....and the team responded and ....kicked a##.....I have no problem with the booing.....and obviously most of the Pats didn't either

I have been a Boston fan my whole life, sox, pats and celtics. The only time I have booed a Boston athlete was after Wilfredo Cordero beat his wife with the phone as she was dialing 911 on him. He played for the Team-who-shall-not-be-named. I hate when people say that Boston fans enjoy losing. That really is a crock of bs!

I understand that people pay thier money and can boo if they want, but is this what a winning tradition has done to Patriots fans??? Turn some of us into crybabies? Regardless of whether people were booing the play calls or the effort, I think it is uncalled for......trust me, the players knew they did not play well. Tommy's post game PC is proof of that!

I have been a season ticket holder since 86 and have seen many teams that needed to be booed off the field for their effort. I myself are not much of a booer but if the fans wanted to boo the play calling or a piss poor first half performance it is their right as fans. No matter how good you are at your job, if you screw up people are going to let you know about it. As for there is nothing they could do that should draw the ire of the fan base thats just nuts, if you want a fan base thats happy about everything go to St. louis.
People are cheering their hearts out and they get emotional and they "booo".

Boo hoo they are grown men I think they can take it.

Patriots fans are fair. The team deserved to be booed for playing an unispired 1st half. They got pushed all around by a less talented team that wanted it more, in every phase of the game. I'm sure if you asked any of those players or coaches, they's have been shocked if the fans DIDN'T boo.

Bill's Girl said:
I have been a Boston fan my whole life, sox, pats and celtics. The only time I have booed a Boston athlete was after Wilfredo Cordero beat his wife with the phone as she was dialing 911 on him. He played for the Team-who-shall-not-be-named. I hate when people say that Boston fans enjoy losing. That really is a crock of bs!

I understand that people pay thier money and can boo if they want, but is this what a winning tradition has done to Patriots fans??? Turn some of us into crybabies? Regardless of whether people were booing the play calls or the effort, I think it is uncalled for......trust me, the players knew they did not play well. Tommy's post game PC is proof of that!

I agree 100 percent. The booing today was simply an expression of childish frustration and impatience, totally out of context with what this team is. Yeah, so what if buying a ticket also buys one the "right" to boo. Savvy fans who understand the game don't do that at the drop of a hat. And what happened to "In BB We Trust"? This is the NFL, the difference from one team to the next is slight, and Buffalo played us tough. Brady's comment that he would boo too was self-deprecation, something I certainly don't take seriously as a fan. Time for Gillette fans to grow up a bit and take a few cues from the fans in Kansas City, Seattle and Green Bay.

Last edited:
NEM said:
EXACTLy.........

Hey, if my son was a piano player and he was on stage and kept hitting sour notes, I would boo him, too.:D

Why? Because i would know that he could do better.

Ah, so that explains your kids' uncontrollable ticks.

I dunno, but I'm guessing that, when your kids were younger, you probably made the local news a few times!

They pay their money, let them boo... ESPECIALLY if they have a very good reason to boo. Do you want them to be happy about the way the team played in the first half? It was absolutely pathetic. It shows that the fans have an opinion and they give a crap.

JR4 said:
I was so mad to hear so called fans booing as PATs left the field at half time

I just can not understad how any fan can even think of booing after what this
team has given them over last 5 years.

I can not attend the home games but if any of you guys do and hear a fan
booing .... be man/woman enough to set them straight. Stand up and
yell at them ...

... I just couldn't believe my ears. If I attended the game I would pass
leaflets out until hauled off by security

it would say

Considing what the Patriots have give us during the past 5 years,
any Fan who Boos them ... has to be the lowest scum on earth.

Sorry .... just the way I feel! I was shocked.

What kind of people are these so called fans.

I was there and I booed and have no problem admitting it. I'll never boo a team that is losing, but I will boo a team that isn't playing hard and clearly mailing in an effort as the Pats were in the first quarter. Only a lemming cheers past performances.

NEM said:
Boooing a bad performance, or a bad decision is part of sports. It always has been, and it always will be.

It has nothing to do with buying a ticket allowing you to do it. It is a normal human function to reward good play and to be negative abaout bad play.

The booing today had nothing to do with the three Super Bowls, or
In BB We Trust" or anything else. It had to do with a horrific performance in the game at hand, and the decision to go out of the first half like a lamb instead of a wolf.

Pats fans are very greatful to the players, the coaches, and the owner for what they have given us in recent years.

Today, the first half they gave us was horrible, pathetic, pitiful.... and we, as fans, are right to let them know that we were not satisfied.

Complaceny would tell the players that we dont care, so why should they do better?

Ever think of it that way?

Think about it....No Booing so players go into the locker room thinking.."Wow, they didnt boo, they probably ont care..so why shou we do anayting to make it better..."

I doubt they would thinkthat, but Iam merely pointing out the opposit scenario.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with booing a bad performance...

NEM, you are normally a bright guy but you're showing your ignorance here and I seriously doubt you ever played the game. The players don't perceive or respond to booing the way you imagine. Booing a "bad performance" has no effect on making that performance better. It's like you booing your wife when she burns the casserole. Does that make your dinner better? No. She probably tried hard to make you a great dinner, but it didn't turn out the way she intended. So you can boo a hissy fit all you want, but it has no integrity and shows lack of knowledge about the game. Let me ask you this: That "pitiful performance" you think should be booed -- think the Bills had anything to do with that?

In the game thread, my post condemning the fans followed hard on the one by Box.

But many comments above have changed my mind.

Our team responded to those boos very well.

Jacky Roberts said:
I was there and I booed and have no problem admitting it. I'll never boo a team that is losing, but I will boo a team that isn't playing hard and clearly mailing in an effort as the Pats were in the first quarter. Only a lemming cheers past performances.

This is ignorance. How do you know FOR A FACT that the Pats were mailing in an effort in the first quarter? Looked to me that they were trying pretty damn hard but that Buffalo was outplaying them. Just because we're not doing well doesn't automatically equate to lack of effort. Sometimes the other team just does better.

flutie2phelan said:
Our team responded to those boos very well.

You mean by playing better? If you mean this seriously, give me a break. That is pure conjecture. I would hazard a guess that what went on in the lockerroom at halftime had a lot more to do with the second-half turnaround in performance. Booing doesn't "motivate" players to play better.

Tunescribe said:
This is ignorance. How do you know FOR A FACT that the Pats were mailing in an effort in the first quarter? Looked to me that they were trying pretty damn hard but that Buffalo was outplaying them. Just because we're not doing well doesn't automatically equate to lack of effort. Sometimes the other team just does better.

To me they weren't playing with any urgency in the 2nd qtr and part of the 3rd. On the Bills fumbled punt reception, 2 Patriots were dancing around instead of diving hard into that pile and gettting that ball.

I would say that hearing boos IS a motivator, assuming the boos are deserved which in this case they were. No player wants to be embarrassed on his home field. Football is largely about flying around and hitting like a madman. I didn't see much of that until later in the game.

NEM said:
So, what you are telling us is that you have NEVER booed, or had harsh words, for a performance of any kind that was not to your liking?

If so, then you must me a machine, not human. Perhaps we should call you "Data" from now on.

I boo referees sometimes. I boo players who take cheap shots or who act in a blatantly unsportsmanlike fashion. It is a HUGE presumption to boo your own team for perceived lack of effort, ESPECIALLY a team coached by BB. The X's and O's and physical matchups of what is happening on the field have infinitely more to do with how a team performs than what you think is lack of effort. Only people who don't understand the game assume the latter when things go wrong.

Last edited:
People are going to boo when the standards are set high, and that's what the Pats did by winning SB's. You don't boo a team that sucks, because you just don't care, and/or you expect them to lose. Booing can be used as motivation just as much as cheering. The Pats were outplayed in the 1st half, but why? Seems to me that they lacked motivation, because they are so much better than the Bills.

Tunescribe said:
You mean by playing better? If you mean this seriously, give me a break. That is pure conjecture. .... Booing doesn't "motivate" players to play better.

Shall i take it
that you've never been booed?

JR4 said:
I was so mad to hear so called fans booing as PATs left the field at half time

I just can not understad how any fan can even think of booing after what this
team has given them over last 5 years.

I can not attend the home games but if any of you guys do and hear a fan
booing .... be man/woman enough to set them straight. Stand up and
yell at them ...

... I just couldn't believe my ears. If I attended the game I would pass
leaflets out until hauled off by security

it would say

Considing what the Patriots have give us during the past 5 years,
any Fan who Boos them ... has to be the lowest scum on earth.

Sorry .... just the way I feel! I was shocked.

What kind of people are these so called fans.

So nobody is allowed to post anything negative here on this board either.

When the team is playing like ****, the fans have the right to let the players know about their displeasure.

40yrpatsfan said:
To me they weren't playing with any urgency in the 2nd qtr and part of the 3rd. On the Bills fumbled punt reception, 2 Patriots were dancing around instead of diving hard into that pile and gettting that ball.

I would say that hearing boos IS a motivator, assuming the boos are deserved which in this case they were. No player wants to be embarrassed on his home field. Football is largely about flying around and hitting like a madman. I didn't see much of that until later in the game.

Believe what you want. Ask any player candidly whether booing motivates him to perform better, and he will say no. All the negative reinforcement a player needs (if any) will come from his coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes