PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing at the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When in the history of profootball has the trailing team done the "give up" plays to run the clock out and NOT gotten booed by the fans? I'm not aware. I thought it was par for the course. If they would've booed another time, then you've got an issue.

Alk said:
Well, there are alot of people giving absolute crap opinions so I guess I fit right in now don't I? And you're right, I've never been to a Patriots home game but I have been multiple Nebraska games and I will say this, the "fans" at the Patriots games don't hold a candle to the Husker fans.

Be fair. You can't compare Midwestern fans with New England fans. Different genetic make-ups. They're actually almost reasonable out there. Here, we'd have a 30 year old man threatening a 12 year old girl for wearing a different color Red Sox cap. (Didn't really happen but I wouldn't doubt if it did eventually lol) Go to a St Louis Cardinals game and tell me how different it is from going to a Sox or Yanks one

RI Pats Fan said:
Be fair. You can't compare Midwestern fans with New England fans. Different genetic make-ups. They're actually almost reasonable out there. Here, we'd have a 30 year old man threatening a 12 year old girl for wearing a different color Red Sox cap. (Didn't really happen but I wouldn't doubt if it did eventually lol) Go to a St Louis Cardinals game and tell me how different it is from going to a Sox or Yanks one

Hey, speak for yourself flatlander. Us Mainahs are a fair decent lot of yanks. Well, that is until the local Moose Lodge cancels Tuesday bean suppah an hour early. THEN we get unruly.:D

NEM said:
Can you truthfully say,.100% , that it had absolutely no effect on the comeback?

If you were in the locker room, enlighten us.
No, I can't. We also can't say 100% that your borderline obsessive emails to Charlie Weiss didn't make a difference but I think most of us sane folk know the truth.

Alk said:
In the end, I don't think the booing does any good at all. The players and coaches couldn't care less about it and go about their jobs as usual. Please don't fool yourself into thinking that the booing had anything to do with the second half comeback. I guess it is pretty clear why the crowd didn't have the energy to cheer in the second half though. I'm a positive reinforcement guy myself. If I had been there, I would have cheered them coming off of the field.

I don't think anybody believes their boo's made the team fight back to win the game. And there was plenty of cheering in the second half you seem to forget you were not there. And don't tell me you could tell on tv, I have watched the last pats colt playoff game over and over and you can't tell how loud it was.

RI Pats Fan said:
When in the history of profootball has the trailing team done the "give up" plays to run the clock out and NOT gotten booed by the fans? I'm not aware. I thought it was par for the course. If they would've booed another time, then you've got an issue.

They did boo earlier in the first half, not just at the end.

NEM said:
This has been, and was today, one of my pet peeves. When you do that, you are telegraphing to the defense.

The Pats have a definite threat of a running game and by leaving a back in, you can still go into a spread formation and still have the option of making the defnse think twice about pass, or run.

The spread formation, with no back in the backfiled, takes the guess work out of the play for the defense.

agree.....I don't like this formation either......totally sells out what you are going to do........with a running game like we have now....make them think as much as you can!!!

NEM said:
And someone send Josh McDaniels emails with two word in it....over and over...PLAY ACTION

I have never seen a , recent, Patriots team with the talent able to run play action successfully than this current team. Why He wont use it is totally illogical.

I think what you saw was them trying to establish the run in this game, so when teams study films they will then be able to use it against them. I am not saying they are playing games for the future, but I think it is in their minds that they had a game plan to run the ball, pass when needed, and play a very vanilla game offensively in week one and try to just take the win. That's the way it appeared to this innocent bistandard.

NEM said:
But, you cant prove that they didnt make a difference, can you?
Just as you can't prove that booing or internet stalking makes a difference. So here we are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News