PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Besides the Big Win, A Good Thing About Yesterday's Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
All right I am back from the ledge I was on the other day. One of the things I noticed which bodes well for the next two weeks and beyond, is that instead of lamenting what they don't have (as I was admittedly doing on Sat. and maybe they were doing against Miami) the Pats capatilized on what they do have: a deep bunch of RBs who are good at complementing each other and excellent at the RB screen; a short passing game that doesn't bring the big play necessarily but gets you the first down; a smart, experienced and aggressive defense that can create turnovers to put the offense on a short field; a reliable kicker that can always get you the 3 if you don't get the 7. Feel free to add more.

We were laughing in the stands when they came out in silver and put Willie Andrews and Ellis Hobbs in to return the kick-off! They obviously tried to shake things up and it worked!! GO PATS!!

One thing that surprised me yesterday was the amount of time the O controlled the ball, did not seem that long.. the Pats had the ball for 35.53, while the Texans had the ball for 24.07. That is a very telling stat and with our D having a lot of injury problems lately, definitely part of the game plan to keep them fresh.

I love how the Ghost is week in and week out building up his confidence. Can he do it in the clutch? Who knows, but he is learning the game with time and going to be a much cheaper and younger replacement then Ansel Adam.

That the Pats had the ball for 35.53 is amazing, given how often the Texans graciously coughed up the ball in their own territory. . . .

And speaking of TOP, the Titans' TOP in their bizarro-world win over the Jaguars yesterday was apparently the lowest on record for a winning team.

Hopefully that bizzaro Titans win has totally crushed the spirit of Jax so that they will just roll over when we get there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes