PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Comments on Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought AD could possibly replace some of what we got from McGinest ... but we didn't.

I thought Belichick brought him in to rush the QB more ... but he didn't.

I though AD was supposed to be some sort of beast ... but he wasn't.

So how did this former 6th rounder rise to such stardom ... with only straight line speed 4.6 speed?

i think we fan's where hopeing that BB bring him in to be a sack master but BB signed him cause he could play both ILB and OLB and he could cover and he lived up to that he's first year

but the last two year's have been bad

he only had one all pro season in a year the ravens had 60 sacks

maybe he was never as good as we where hopeing he was

and now he is 32 and i dont think they can trade or cut him cause he's cap hit would be to big

Having a player that can move inside or outside in our D is invaluable. AT is an important cog in this D. I don't know why he was inactive.

What sucks about his is that AD had a promising start here in NE with that amazing INT TD return against SD his first year. Then he gets hurt, struggles for the most part of the year until the SB when he absolutely beasts as a pass rusher. I remember everyone was excited for the next season thinking that AD was going to be used exclusively like he was used in the SB as a pass rusher. He started off great again until he got hurt. And now this year, from what I've been seeing, he's been out in coverage for the most part. While he hasn't exactly stood out, I thought he was better than Woods in coverage and I thought he was being misused and should have been our main pass rusher instead of Burgess.

Is it possible that he may have questioned BB use of him? Was his work ethic that bad that he got benched? He didn't look "bad" out there, although he hasn't looked great. Considering that our options are Banta-Cain, Woods and Ninkovich, this move is a major head scratcher.

Or in addition to not performing to his (BB's) expectation this season, BB might have been irked at AT's comments after Seymour's trade. Just throwing it there as a possibility.

Or in addition to not performing to his (BB's) expectation this season, BB might have been irked at AT's comments after Seymour's trade. Just throwing it there as a possibility.

Missed that one, what did he say?

I thought AD could possibly replace some of what we got from McGinest ... but we didn't.

So how did this former 6th rounder rise to such stardom ... with only straight line speed 4.6 speed?

because at was playing next to a beast in his prime for the Ravens.

i mourn everytime I see AT, not because he sucks, but because if Colvin hadn't been hurt, AT wouldn't have been obtained, our secondary would be much stronger the past 4 years with all that money, and we'd have two more SB rings here.

Last edited:
Chris Price said Thomas had an elbow injury ... but practiced all week.

Having a player that can move inside or outside in our D is invaluable. AT is an important cog in this D. I don't know why he was inactive.

A) "AT is an important cog in this D". B) AT was inactive not because of an injury/ because "we activate those players who will have a bigger role". Now I ain't BB or a coaching expert, however, even I know A and B cannot both coexist as the truth. Important cogs are not inactive on game day because other guys will be needed more. Like him or not, Scott Zolak must have been echoing the sentiment of BB and his defensive coaches. LOL, and those who jumped on Scott Zolak as not knowing anything about AT or what was going on........please enjoy that serving of humble pie.

A) "AT is an important cog in this D". B) AT was inactive not because of an injury/ because "we activate those players who will have a bigger role". Now I ain't BB or a coaching expert, however, even I know A and B cannot both coexist as the truth. Important cogs are not inactive on game day because other guys will be needed more. Like him or not, Scott Zolak must have been echoing the sentiment of BB and his defensive coaches. LOL, and those who jumped on Scott Zolak as not knowing anything about AT or what was going on........please enjoy that serving of humble pie.

LOL. Great post. I was surprised to see that Gasper of the Globe reported that not only was A. Thomas a healthy scratch, but more surprisingly he was not even at Gillette stadium today.

So who played AD's role today??

Who were the LBs across the board?

Thanks

What would be the cap hit if he's traded? Or cut next year?

Its very unlikely that he is traded but not impossible. The Pats would have to make some additional room to trade him, for instance cutting or trading Burgess etc. Like I said, very unlikely.

Interesting to read below what you posted under the Zolak thread on AT and in fact implied Zolak as an idiot. :rolleyes:

No TE has done anything against us this year ... Thomas is doing his job. Like they said on WEEI today - Thomas may not be worth what he's paid but that's a seperate issue. His job is to cover the TE or a RB and he's doing it well because we're not seeing him much.

these idiots used to say this crap about Ty Law until they realized the ball was simply not going near him ... the same is true for Thomas. If the ball was going his way he would have more tackles ... but it's not because his man is covered tightly.

Last edited:
Burgess started instead of Thomas at OLB. Woods was the other starter. Ninkovitch got lots of reps. While I understand that we were playing TENN, Thomas wasn't missed.

At ILB, Mayo and Guyton were the starters and Seau cam in off the bench for significant reps in the second half.

So who played AD's role today??

Who were the LBs across the board?

Thanks

Interesting to read below what you posted under the Zolak thread on AT and in fact implied Zolak as an idiot. :rolleyes:

I stand by that ... members here are assuming that Thomas is not playing well. I think he is playing okay but not happy in his role this year. He's been out in coverage and against the Ravens he was spying Flacco. Good try though ...

This is all my fault. I bought an AD jersey before the season. My history with pats jersies...

Curtis Martin--signs with NYJ two years later
Terry Glenn--Does his crap the next year
Chris Slade--Cut/left two years later
Lawyer Milloy--Released two months later
Tom Brady--Sitting pretty since 03 until last year.
Corey Dillon--Nothing bad. Just retired.
Laurence Maroney--You know...
AD--????????

You must have bought 10 Chad Jackson jerseys....

I stand by that ... members here are assuming that Thomas is not playing well. I think he is playing okay but not happy in his role this year. He's been out in coverage and against the Ravens he was spying Flacco. Good try though ...

Sure. You do an admirable job yourself trying to eat the cake and have the bakery too. Good try! :D

Let's drop it and enjoy the W. :)

Should be interesting to see how the AT situation plays out. Maybe BB manages to spark him with this insult and he becomes a monster. yeah right...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News