PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Comments on Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, but I'm puzzled as to why a NE player would even be linked to a dispute between Indy and a former player?

He is the Patriots Player Rep.....and if the rumor has truth, stickin his nose into other teams' business.
Using this rumor to proceed further with more pure speculation, BB may just be delivering the message, worry about the Patriots, not about the Colts. Using an example from Red Sox recent history, the Sox had signed free agent Tony Clark a few years back and Clark was heavily involved in Union labor negotiations. Management let it be known after the fact that they felt Clark was distracted which led to a horrible season.

This is all my fault. I bought an AD jersey before the season. My history with pats jersies...

Curtis Martin--signs with NYJ two years later
Terry Glenn--Does his crap the next year
Chris Slade--Cut/left two years later
Lawyer Milloy--Released two months later
Tom Brady--Sitting pretty since 03 until last year.
Corey Dillon--Nothing bad. Just retired.
Laurence Maroney--You know...
AD--????????

May I interest you in a Peyton Manning jersey????

AD hasn't played great, but he hasn't been an out-and-out weak link either. When he's rushed the passer, he's gotten some pressure without quite getting there, not so different from Burgess, and he has been decent in coverage, but he has missed some tackles in the running game.

I suspect that Belichick was nipping an attitude problem in the bud during a week where he'd be best able to afford. As someone who's active in the labor situation and upset about the Seymour situation, he may be letting his personal feelings and politics affect his preparation. The fact that he wasn't even on the sideline this week suggests that his attitude was a distraction not just for him, but for his teammates. If he was simply reacting badly to being benched, he wouldn't have appeared so contrite in his conversation with Sanders, which suggests that he was being sent a strong message about his negative influence on his teammates.

There are two ways this could go. I suspect they really do hash it out, and we see a hungrier AD on the field next week. Hard to argue with the kind of team performance that was put on in his absence.

There are two ways this could go. I suspect they really do hash it out, and we see a hungrier AD on the field next week. Hard to argue with the kind of team performance that was put on in his absence.

Yep, no better way to send a message than a 59-0 blowout. I can hear the conversation now.

BB "hey AD, that was great shut-out yesterday. How was your day off? Ya know, we should fine without ya if ya want to take a vaca"

AD "umm, yeah coach, i got it. See ya Tues morning at 5am"

Ive been very critical of Thomas, and Burgess, although I like how they used Burgess yesterday... But Thomas to me has not done anything in 3 years.. Sorry.. I dont know if it was the scheme in Baltimore, but you know if he is cut , which he wont be this year, but next year , you know where he is going with his buddy Rex... But it looks like right now , this is Thomas last year in new england, and a bust to say the least of this signing.. Unless he wakes up , but this might be a bigger setback than a motivation for AD...

He is the Patriots Player Rep.....and if the rumor has truth, stickin his nose into other teams' business.
Using this rumor to proceed further with more pure speculation, BB may just be delivering the message, worry about the Patriots, not about the Colts. Using an example from Red Sox recent history, the Sox had signed free agent Tony Clark a few years back and Clark was heavily involved in Union labor negotiations. Management let it be known after the fact that they felt Clark was distracted which led to a horrible season.
H'mmmm, as you say, "if," but that type of 'adventure-ism' would indeed be worthy of club notice.

I stand by that ... members here are assuming that Thomas is not playing well. I think he is playing okay but not happy in his role this year. He's been out in coverage and against the Ravens he was spying Flacco. Good try though ...

He was benched because he is sad????????

Deion Sanders on NFLN said he spoke to AD about that.Said he is upset about that.The murmured that he doesnt want to get into trouble for saying something but "he is going to work it out with his coach" and he will be back.

FWIW

I wish this doesn't escalate and he comes back after 'working it out' with BB.

Looks like it wouldn't based on reading the last line of yours. Thanks.

Blow my own horn? Now that's funny. Listen, clown, you're the gutless, POS that is calling someone out over the internet safe behind your locked door, with you pants around your ankles. Anytime you want to meet, let me know. I made an observation ahole, I didn't toot my own horn. I extended kudos to those who were belittled JO. Now go ahead, as Box has warned, use your extensive knowledge of all things Greek to attack me.

NEM, is that you?

Here's a clue for the clueless. Latin isn't Greek. Really, it isn't.

NEM, is that you?

LOL Or spawn of NEM which is the Patsfans equivalent of that spawn of dumb girls article from patriotsdaily. Gotta love the circle the jerks mentality, too...

I attribute ADs stat decline to the fact he hasn't been playing 3rd downs. Not that Burgess has shown anything, but I would rather see AD at DE on 3rd down the Burgess. He would probably have a few more sacks.

NEM, is that you?

Hey pisshead, don't feel obligated to post just because the wisecrack was lost on you.

LOL Or spawn of NEM which is the Patsfans equivalent of that spawn of dumb girls article from patriotsdaily. Gotta love the circle the jerks mentality, too...

Here we go, they're coming out of the woodwork. Lets circle the wagons around our lord of the fliesish needs, right? I've been a member as long as most of you, post only when I can add something, which doesn't include belittling others' opinions. My post didn't call out anyone specifically. Why are you clowns coming to Joker's defense? Actually, it's pretty obvious why.

Last edited:
This was posted in the response section of a blog about AD on PFT...

"I heard he was benched because he wouldn't drop his protest of Ed Johnson being released because he wouldn't drop his grievance against the Colts even though there's no evidence for any of it. And no, I won't reveal my source unless Florio reveals his source!"

Maybe BB is just sick of opinionated player reps...Vrabel gone, AD benched. We will never know I guess.
My theory: Funny how this benching coincides with the return of Seau. Clearly BB felt a need to bolster the midsection of the LB corps. I see it more as filling a leadership void. AD may have become a lockerroom lawyer voicing his displeasure with Seau's arrival... and BB just let him know it will not be tolerated. Consider AD's choice of words with Deion Sanders on NFLN ...

That's why
said he spoke to AD about that.Said he is upset about that.Then murmured that he doesnt want to get into trouble for saying something but "he is going to work it out with his coach" and he will be back.

Sounds like attitude issues.

Locker room lawyer! that's what I said!

Thanks mb for your kudos, I appreciate it. I take a lot of flack here for not drinking the kool-aid, even though I do bleed for the team.

Here we go, they're coming out of the woodwork. Lets circle the wagons around our lord of the fliesish needs, right? I've been a member as long as most of you, post only when I can add something, which doesn't include belittling others' opinions..

Unintended humor. Always the best!

...and folks remember that the posters 1st post in the thread "belittled others' opinions" on the prospects for AD. Hilarious!

Last edited:
BB sat Adalius a few years ago (Colts game?) which many interpreted as a doghouse banishment. Maybe it just comes down to lighting a fire under cozy veteran asses. He can still play.

Last edited:
Here we go, they're coming out of the woodwork. Lets circle the wagons around our lord of the fliesish needs, right? I've been a member as long as most of you, post only when I can add something, which doesn't include belittling others' opinions. My post didn't call out anyone specifically. Why are you clowns coming to Joker's defense? Actually, it's pretty obvious why.

Because challenging people to fights online is definitely 'adding something' :rolleyes:

Unintended humor. Always the best!

...and folks remember that the posters 1st post in the thread "belittled others' opinions" on the prospects for AD. Hilarious!

That my observation is always lost on the likes of you, pisshead, that's the real point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye