Belichick's Comments on Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
From Mike Reiss via Twitter: Belichick on if there was a personal issue w/ Adalius Thomas: "No, we just went with the players that would have a bigger role in the game."

With Belichick's comments, there is no doubt. Thomas was not injured. No personal issue. He was de-activated with performance in mind.

I'm curious to hear more as player thoughts from the locker room leak out on this.

Last edited:
That is very interesting. We'll have to keep an eye on that. I hope it's nothing, but when a player is a healthy scratch from a game, it does send up a red flag.

who not put AD at ILB if he doesn't like his OLB performance. this sounds more like a work ethic thing possibly

. . .
With Belichick's comments, there is no doubt. Thomas was not injured. No personal issue. He was de-activated with performance in mind.[/b]

I'm curious to hear more as player thoughts from the locker room leak out on this.

And it is on your very board Ian that we brought up earlier this week that AD is not playing well right now . . . apparently folks who know a lot more about football agree with us.

I think deactivating AD, and sitting Bodden and Springs were by design.

QB12

Yeah.......... not sure how it will work, but DAMN, that is a ballsy way to make a statement.

The Pats played a JV team in treacherous conditions....maybe he just meant to preserve their health

Yeah.......... not sure how it will work, but DAMN, that is a ballsy way to make a statement.

Its called addition by subtraction, and it apparently got some people's attention in that locker room.

Nantz and Simms were saying how with the Patriots, you have to earn your right to play every game . . .

QB12

The Pats played a JV team in treacherous conditions....maybe he just meant to preserve their health

Yeah, and maybe BB traded Vrabel to KC so Vrabel could enjoy better steak?

QB12

Last edited:
From Mike Reiss via Twitter: Belichick on if there was a personal issue w/ Adalius Thomas: "No, we just went with the players that would have a bigger role in the game."

With Belichick's comments, there is no doubt. Thomas was not injured. No personal issue. He was de-activated with performance in mind.

It's on the press conference video. Ouch. Thomas is definitely in the doghouse, judging by the way BB said it.

i thought the pats field turf was heated. did they purposely shut the heat off?

Bodden is a FA any ways but i dont see him AD or springs comeing back next year

This is a prevailing thematic this season. More than any other coach, BB puts his money where his mouth is regarding the earning of a roster spot & playing time.

I forgot, when is AD's contract up?

Yep, ADT is....well, not what BB is looking for, I don't think.

I mean...man, who do you have to be to be a LB in Bill's system? For the Ravens, he was pretty much a stud. With us...not so much.

Adalius is really a huge disappointment. Bigger than Maroney has the potential to be (not saying he is). Bigger than any other apparent busts on this team I can think of.

Ugh. How do you rock so hard in one town and look average in another?

And it is on your very board Ian that we brought up earlier this week that AD is not playing well right now . . . apparently folks who know a lot more about football agree with us.

I think deactivating AD, and sitting Bodden and Springs were by design.

QB12

Bodden played. When he was in I thought I saw Wilhite covering the slot receiver with Butler and Bodden on the outside.

Adalius is really a huge disappointment. Bigger than Maroney has the potential to be (not saying he is). Bigger than any other apparent busts on this team I can think of.

Ugh. How do you rock so hard in one town and look average in another?

AD was never the main passrusher with the ravens i beat if he go's back to the ravnes right now he end's the year with at lest 8 sack's

its not just AD even though i think he suck's the pats have no passrusher's on this team

PS seymour had 2 sack's and a FF today lol

Can't cut him because of a huge cap hit, not that BB would. Depth if nothing else assuming he continues his Casper the Ghost style of play. But next season with his huge salary he could be gone, assuming there's a 2010 cap. Even if no 2010 cap why should Kraft pay a guy many millions to sit on the bench? I for one did not expect this to happen.

This makes me think a trade is possibly in the works. Who would BB trade Adalius for? Steven Jackson?

I just mean that he looks average—not average, but not standout—in general. I feel like he hasn't come even close to living up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes