PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Comments on Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all my fault. I bought an AD jersey before the season. My history with pats jersies...

Curtis Martin--signs with NYJ two years later
Terry Glenn--Does his crap the next year
Chris Slade--Cut/left two years later
Lawyer Milloy--Released two months later
Tom Brady--Sitting pretty since 03 until last year.
Corey Dillon--Nothing bad. Just retired.
Laurence Maroney--You know...
AD--????????

This makes me think a trade is possibly in the works. Who would BB trade Adalius for? Steven Jackson?

Once again.
No trade. Look at the cap hit as has been mentioned here 100 times.

I thought AD could possibly replace some of what we got from McGinest ... but we didn't.

I thought Belichick brought him in to rush the QB more ... but he didn't.

I though AD was supposed to be some sort of beast ... but he wasn't.

So how did this former 6th rounder rise to such stardom ... with only straight line speed 4.6 speed?

This is all my fault. I bought an AD jersey before the season. My history with pats jersies...

Curtis Martin--signs with NYJ two years later
Terry Glenn--Does his crap the next year
Chris Slade--Cut/left two years later
Lawyer Milloy--Released two months later
Tom Brady--Sitting pretty since 03 until last year.
Corey Dillon--Nothing bad. Just retired.
Laurence Maroney--You know...
AD--????????

Those are all good jerseys ... but Chris Slade does not fit.

That sucks. Our LB situation is already pretty bad and while AD has disappointed, I didn't know he was THIS ineffective. On the other hand maybe this will light a fire under his ass who knows.

belichick is letting everyone on this team know that you play based on performance and not your age, accomplishments or salary.

-Galloway
-Thomas
-The Defensive Backs (Sanders lost his starting spot earlier in season..the corners are starting one week and backing up the next)

he's making sure no one takes anything for granted and playing with the players that perform best

BWAHAHAHAHA!! I was saying last week what a huge disappointment he's been, which led to all the apologists here saying, "no, it's the schemes....he's playing the TEs, he's doing fine.....we don't want him to make any big plays." All BS. He's been awful, and BB's calling him out. AWESOME.

This is probably a kick in the nutz that Bill may think AD needs to get on track....although I thought he was going to be used differently myself, and I'm 100% certain that I am wrong.

I thought AD could possibly replace some of what we got from McGinest ... but we didn't.

I thought Belichick brought him in to rush the QB more ... but he didn't.

I though AD was supposed to be some sort of beast ... but he wasn't.

So how did this former 6th rounder rise to such stardom ... with only straight line speed 4.6 speed?

Did you and all others piling on AT now have such questions last season also when AT was playing quite well?

Probably not.

Count me in as someone that is worried.

Did you and all others piling on AT now have such questions last season also when AT was playing quite well?

Probably not.

No. And neither did Belichick. What's your point?

BB's point is that the guys who play well get to play on game day. Those who don't, don't.

Last edited:
AD was never the main passrusher with the ravens i beat if he go's back to the ravnes right now he end's the year with at lest 8 sack's

its not just AD even though i think he suck's the pats have no passrusher's on this team

PS seymour had 2 sack's and a FF today lol

Pats defense shutout the Titans today lol

Count me in as someone that is worried.

What are you worried about> we didnt miss him today, if he wants to play maybe he'll work harder. Anyone remember the playoffs when Claude benched Kessel, sometimes a player needs to be reminded he has to work a little harder to get the priviledge of playing.

LoL you'll never know what's going on in BB's mind.......Stop trying to figure it out,he's smarter then you :p

Last edited:
He may simply be overweight.

No. And neither did Belichick. What's your point?

BB's point is that the guys who play well get to play on game day. Those who don't, don't.

What's my point? Read the thread to which I responded and maybe you will understand. I neither commented on BB or AT and in fact glad that BB is sending such a strong signal to everyone.

One of the queries of that poster "So how did this former 6th rounder rise to such stardom ." I am pointing out the hypocrisy of some of fans suggesting that AT is worthless right from the beginning whereas they probably kept quiet when AT played well in the last two years.

Note that this does not mean that AT is playing well or that he shouldn't be criticized. Just like Brady or BB, he should be slammed if he is doing a bad job.

are the nfl stats right and the titans had -7 passing yards all game? because that is rediculous

What sucks about his is that AD had a promising start here in NE with that amazing INT TD return against SD his first year. Then he gets hurt, struggles for the most part of the year until the SB when he absolutely beasts as a pass rusher. I remember everyone was excited for the next season thinking that AD was going to be used exclusively like he was used in the SB as a pass rusher. He started off great again until he got hurt. And now this year, from what I've been seeing, he's been out in coverage for the most part. While he hasn't exactly stood out, I thought he was better than Woods in coverage and I thought he was being misused and should have been our main pass rusher instead of Burgess.

Is it possible that he may have questioned BB use of him? Was his work ethic that bad that he got benched? He didn't look "bad" out there, although he hasn't looked great. Considering that our options are Banta-Cain, Woods and Ninkovich, this move is a major head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes