PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard Film Review : Pats vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned, but it'd be worth repeating if ti does.

How smart/prepared must this team be to be able (even within the same series) switch defensive formations like that and not skip a beat. I mean that goes beyond making a gameplan for individual teams, it's having players that are talented enough, trust the system enough, and are smart enough to be able to quickly change their mental framework from one play to another.

This must be BB/Matt Patricia football nirvana.

Bingo.

I think BB is finally getting the defense of his dreams, in terms of versatile players who can be used interchangeably, at multiple levels. The depth at secondary is unbelievable, and the Pats currently have 4 guys who can play interchangeable roles in the front 7.

One thing that I think is underrated is that the Pats can throw a completely different defense at the Broncos next time up. They are not locked in to one approach, whereas Denver pretty much has their basic offensive match ups. They aren't going to do a lot different. The Pats could also have Chandler Jones and Sealver Siliga back, and Alan Branch and Jonathan Casillas could potentially be more involved, too.

He'll be somewhere claiming letting Welker walk is a massive mistake. Ironically he'll be claiming it was a mistake brought on by BBs stubbornness.

Funny how Deus and his minions are so silent when the team is doing well, and live on the board when they struggle.

LOL! Caller says Bedard doesn't know anything about football and should listen to Mazz more because he hit the nail on the head about Browner. Believes Mazz knows more about football than Bedard. Believes Bedard shouldn't be on the air.

Did the caller preface that statement with "I don't care. I can't stand it"??????

Many of the callers on the show are really embarrassing.

I don't follow? I was serious..

Because for years, we have been arguing that it should be called the Palmer Rule. In actuality, it became a point of emphasis after the Palmer injury, not the Brady injury. Didn't stop the Brady haters, though from "officially" naming it..

Because for years, we have been arguing that it should be called the Palmer Rule. In actuality, it became a point of emphasis after the Palmer injury, not the Brady injury. Didn't stop the Brady haters, though from "officially" naming it..
Ah...lol

Bingo.

I think BB is finally getting the defense of his dreams, in terms of versatile players who can be used interchangeably, at multiple levels. The depth at secondary is unbelievable, and the Pats currently have 4 guys who can play interchangeable roles in the front 7.

One thing that I think is underrated is that the Pats can throw a completely different defense at the Broncos next time up. They are not locked in to one approach, whereas Denver pretty much has their basic offensive match ups. They aren't going to do a lot different. The Pats could also have Chandler Jones and Sealver Siliga back, and Alan Branch and Jonathan Casillas could potentially be more involved, too.

Charlie Casserly echoes the "interchangeable" element of the Pats' game plan against Denver, saying he's never seen anything like it in his years in the NFL:

http://now.nfl.com/play/7604eb1e-acdc-46f9-b81b-aa6d96d7db44

I don't know if any other team - including Seattle - has the personnel to do this.

Bingo.

This fact was part of my reasoning for wanting to stick Browner on DT originally and give him McCourty up top. But they also had the flexibility to move Revis over there and put Browner on DT. This is the most flexible secondary that we've had since 2004. By far and away.

This fact was part of my reasoning for wanting to stick Browner on DT originally and give him McCourty up top. But they also had the flexibility to move Revis over there and put Browner on DT. This is the most flexible secondary that we've had since 2004. By far and away.

2011 was pretty flexible in that you had a seamless level of suckitude no matter who you trotted out there. You could mix and match to your heart's content!

2011 was pretty flexible in that you had a seamless level of suckitude no matter who you trotted out there. You could mix and match to your heart's content!

We're a long way from having Ihedigbo and Slater as our safeties.

And that team was one dropped pass (or one hobbled TE) away from winning a Super Bowl.

Unbelievable.

Which is part of the problem with this obsession with sacks. The whole Fantasy mentality, stats and all that. BB has always favored the all around defender over the guy who can shine in one area but suck elsewhere.

Anyway, serious thanks to all who posted here. Great great thread. We are missing Bedard, but glad he has this outlet.

Oh .. and time to rank on Bedard's successor: I was following my Sports peeps on Twitter Sunday and Volin chimed in for the first time around the third quarter. Said he had DVR'd the game and was just starting to watch. WTF? Why is the Globe's NFL guy home DVRing this game?
Wait, what? Really??

Asked if they opened up the toolbox too much and have nothing left to be surprised in the AFCCG or in the playoffs. He feels it could be a problem, but he thinks the Pats are talented enough to just line up and play. Says he thinks the Pats didn't do anything too exotic and still probably have a few surprises.

With luck, if these two teams meet, it won't be the same D, because the Pats *knock on wood* will have Chandler Jones and Sealver Siliga back. :)

Oh .. and time to rank on Bedard's successor: I was following my Sports peeps on Twitter Sunday and Volin chimed in for the first time around the third quarter. Said he had DVR'd the game and was just starting to watch. WTF? Why is the Globe's NFL guy home DVRing this game?
Volin was at his sister's wedding. Don't worry, there are plenty of other reasons to dislike him.

Can you imagine getting to the Super Bowl the year that it is at your home stadium and then LOSING? Hah, that would be brutal!

I can think of something just as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference