PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard Film Review - Pats vs Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trickle down effect of Revis, past couple of weeks has allowed them to keep Chung in the box, which plays to his strengths and limits his liability. Not crazy about having Harmon out there in nickel.

BB wants to be in zone coverage against mobile QBs to prevent big QB runs. Expects a lot of zone on Thursday, allowing the Jets to implode by themselves.

Thinks they'll try Skinner in the middle initially, and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, they'll move Hightower.

Thinks Mayo gets the shaft from the media and fans. Thinks he does a lot that people don't credit.

"They're not going to go trade for Blount. That's not gonna happen."

Did not run the ball well at all in this game. Had them for 12 stuffed runs in 33 attempts.

Ryan Tyms completely whiff on a block

Vereen hesitated on a run that ended up as only a 1 yard gain when it could have been much more

Brady's best game in a long time

As soon as Stork was announced inactive, I figured that running the ball wasn't going to happen. Connolly's concussion only made it worse, so that's really not unexpected.

Solder-Devey-Wendell-Kline-Vollmer/Cannon just isn't a line that you're going to run well behind, and that's doubly true when you're playing one of the best run-stopping d-lines in the NFL. Unless the interior gets healthy, we won't be running the ball on Thursday, either. As long as Brady can be kept upright, though, it might not matter. The Jets probably have the worst secondary in the NFL.

Rex has too much respect for Brady and the Patriots to actively try to take out Brady.

End Bedard

As soon as Stork was announced inactive, I figured that running the ball wasn't going to happen. Connolly's concussion only made it worse, so that's really not unexpected.

Solder-Devey-Wendell-Kline-Vollmer/Cannon just isn't a line that you're going to run well behind, and that's doubly true when you're playing one of the best run-stopping d-lines in the NFL. Unless the interior gets healthy, we won't be running the ball on Thursday, either. As long as Brady can be kept upright, though, it might not matter. The Jets probably have the worst secondary in the NFL.

Even though Brady is a great bad weather QB, the weather may end up being the Jets best defense. Any limiting of the passing game is a good thing for the Jets, because theirs already sucks.

Sqeaky sits in a studio for an hour with Greg Bedard but this is how he summarizes his day:

massarotti_normal.jpg

Tony Massarotti @TonyMassarotti
Caller: "Pats window closed when Welkah went to Denvah and Hernandez went to Walpole." Brilliant.

"They're not going to go trade for Blount. That's not gonna happen."

They should never have let him go.

2 years, $4 million would have kept him here.

.....and they could have used the 4th round pick (James White) on another player.

They should never have let him go.

2 years, $4 million would have kept him here.

.....and they could have used the 4th round pick (James White) on another player.

Kevin Pierre-Louis (LB, Notre Dame) was taken two spots after James White. Just sayin'...

And Adam Jones has now gone full ******...

And Adam Jones has now gone full ******...
Thats saying something...what'd that ****tard say? He typically just reiterates felgers talking points for the entirety of his show....

Thats saying something...what'd that ****tard say? He typically just reiterates felgers talking points for the entirety of his show....

He's talking about Brady's last two games and saying that people are saying Brady's back to being Brady in the past couple of weeks. Makes sense to that point. Then he loses his mind with something like

"But when we take the whole season's statistics into account, he's still just mediocre..."

as if "these past couple of games" and "the whole season's statistics" are somehow not exclusive, at least on one side of the equation.

I don't know how any NE sports fan can listen to WBZ. Felger's dis-engenuous and Adam Jones is just a richardhead. Zo/gresh are ok but not very bright. At least they know football. But, talk down to listeners about it

Probably have to start playing Chung on the line like they did this game
Chung's impact is such that you know it's there but you won't really pay attention unless something happens to him. Chung's presence has been one of the unsung storylines on D. We've been so much more captivated by Revis and Jones and McCourty, Chung is quietly putting together a solid season for this defense. I think we generally underestimate what not having Chung would do to the D, especially since he'll likely be used more in nickel situations now that Mayo is out.

Not crazy about having Harmon out there in nickel.
Extremely disappointed in the play (or lack thereof) of Duron Harmon.

As a matter of fact, he may be looking like a bigger waste than Tavon Wilson at this point, and that's saying something.

i just cant listen to that show anymore...so i just read the posts on here...they make me want to bang my head against a wall

Extremely disappointed in the play (or lack thereof) of Duron Harmon.

As a matter of fact, he may be looking like a bigger waste than Tavon Wilson at this point, and that's saying something.

Care to say why? Harmon has had more snaps than Wilson all whilst being taken more than a full round later and a years less experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes