PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review :Pats vs Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
As usual he is going to be on felger and mazz from 2pm. Anyone willing to take one for the rest of fans to listen to those 2 and transcribe ?
So far from his twitter

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 3h3 hours ago
I still remember a time when Rob Gronkowski was an incredible blocker.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 2h2 hours ago
I take back what I said the other night. The Patriots have not reopened the playbook. He was just redirecting guys who had lined up wrong.

Brady was running the plays as called, pretty much.

Patriots play on the road again this week at Buffalo? Tough start with 4 of 6 on the road.

He's got a point about Gronk. His blocking is certainly not 100%.

And the Pats were 4-5 on the road last year. This is a young team and it shows when they get out of Gillette. Maybe they'll take their energy and anger with them to Buffalo - and if so, they will win handily over a pretty good Buffalo team.

Gronk was responsible for the sack of Brady on Sunday night. He just totally missed the block. Another time he screwed up the snap count (or couldn't hear Brady) and was standing still after the ball was snapped.

Gronk was responsible for the sack of Brady on Sunday night. He just totally missed the block. Another time he screwed up the snap count (or couldn't hear Brady) and was standing still after the ball was snapped.
The kid had a few nice catches...but at times it appeared he passed on his ADD meds that night. In the Seattle game last night, it looked as if half the Seahawks offense skipped their meds.

A biproduct of the new drug testing rules that began Oct 1?? Or just a coincidence?? (Written in jest.......but if ya think about it......hmmmmm)

That was an odd play. I believe the whole right side (including Gronk) just stood there, while the left side reacted to the snap on time.

I would like them to limit Gronk in the Blocking game and use the RB's instead. I wouldn't want him to hurt himself blocking...here's hoping for a healthy Gronk in 2014!

Vollmer did the same thing on the same play so it's more likely they just screwed up the snap count.

Bedard:

A lot about attitude

Run game was boom or bust

Brady was just "ok" - mentally great, but missed on throws

"The good news it wasn't their best game"

"11 running plays of 1 yard or less"

Bedard wasn't impressed with Brady's performance. Felt mentally he was there, but physically some bad passes. The pass to LaFell was low and away.

Offensive line was outstanding, starting with Ryan Wendell ("incredible performance")

Solder had a nice bounce back. The "weak point" on the line was Connolly (and he said the weak point was in quotations, not me).

Stork showed a lot of smarts

Both tackles were very good

Connolly had a little bit of a rough game, and was weak link (But meant by comparison, not in isolation)

Defensively played ok, but the Bengals missed a lot of plays that were there.

Dalton started out looking like big game Dalton, but looked better later

Felt McDaniels called an excellent game. Kept the Bengals off balanced. Exploited the seams.

Personal note: Bedard is really selling Brady's game short, IMO, basically putting the blame on Brady for catches that should have been made by Gronk, and for that first play to LaFell, where Brady threw LaFell into a reception on the ground rather than setting him up for a hit.

Allowed 7 total QB pressures in this game (18%), where they'd been averaging 15 (about 30%)

Credits Wendell for solidifying the o-line (who would have thought going into the season?)

Cannon's not in a good place right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back