PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review of Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Bedard seems to have watched the all 22 and is tweeting some of his observations.
Here are some

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/517353336090017792

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/517345304153055232

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 13h13 hours ago
On KC's' first TD, what kind of tackle attempt was that Collins? It was him v Charles and he goes low like a DB?! @BrandonSpikes51 he is not

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 2h2 hours ago
Memo to future Patriots' opponent: run behind anyone blocking Jamie Collins in the run game. He's roadkill.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 43m43 minutes ago
I don't blame Brady for that throw to Gronk in double coverage everyone points out. It looks like Edelman is doubled & that corner is open.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 42m42 minutes ago
In reality, Hali looped around Edelman to help double Gronk. That's just a tough play. Gronk looked like he was going to be open.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 38m38 minutes ago
Yes, Devlin was open, but I doubt that would graded a bad dec by 12. And who really cares? They got a first down 2 plays later.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 3m3 minutes ago
Tune into @FelgerAndMazz at 2. The Patriots are much better than this.

Anyone brave enough to listen to felger and mazz can listen and transcribe whatever little bedard has a chance to say between mazz's whining and snarky comments

He sees the exact same thing I see with Collins. The guy had a good game once, but he is not a NFL LB. When he was drafted I thought he may be something coming off the edge. He's just not a good player. He's better suited for a special teams role, if anything.

I said this in another thread. Collins is miscast as a 3-4 ILB. He is a 4-3 WLB.

This is where its baffling this whole season. The coaches aren't playing our players to their strengths. Like why did we not even attempt press man coverage? Why are we in zone? Why are we forcing a 3-4 defense philosophy? The same on offense. Why is Tom trying to spread the ball out with 3 wr's only and scratching 2 playmakers? Why are we changing OL combos still? Why are we game planning to a more run heavy game with 5 RB's and then go pass all night?

Common denominator: coaching. I blame part of the OL and Dls being so bad on the coaches. Why is this years coaching so different?

LOVE Bedard. Losing Bedard and Scar in one offseason is too much for any Patriots fan.

This is where its baffling this whole season. The coaches aren't playing our players to their strengths. Like why did we not even attempt press man coverage? Why are we in zone? Why are we forcing a 3-4 defense philosophy? The same on offense. Why is Tom trying to spread the ball out with 3 wr's only and scratching 2 playmakers? Why are we changing OL combos still? Why are we game planning to a more run heavy game with 5 RB's and then go pass all night?

Common denominator: coaching. I blame part of the OL and Dls being so bad on the coaches. Why is this years coaching so different?

The coaching is being hamstrung by the personnel. This all starts with the personnel decisions.

Q: Your team has been successful for so long. How difficult is it to adjust to the adversity of Monday night’s game and get back on track? This team and organization hasn’t had these sort of issues in the past.

Belichick: We’re on to Cincinnati.

Q: You mentioned Tom Brady’s age at the draft –

Belichick: We’re on to Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think having a 37-year old –

Belichick: We’re on to Cincinnati. It’s nothing about the past, nothing about the future. Right now we’re preparing for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think the talent you have here is good?

BB: We’re getting ready for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think you’ve done enough to help Tom Brady?

Belichick: We’re getting ready for Cincinnati. That’s what we’re doing.

The coaching is being hamstrung by the personnel. This all starts with the personnel decisions.
I dont agree with this at all. Sure the personnel might not be playing up to their potential but the lack of in game adjustments is awful if non existent. Vereen isn't running well? Screw it keep putting him out there. Only have 3 WR's? Better not even put Wright on the field for any significant snaps.

It just baffles me how badly coached this team has been since week 1.

The last game did not look so bad on the line at times. But they are rookies and you have to let them play through their mistakes. No one will learn if the line is CONSTANTLY changing.

Anyone brave enough to listen to felger and mazz can listen and transcribe whatever little bedard has a chance to say between mazz's whining and snarky comments

You know, I'm off from work today and just might give a listen; damn you Bedard for going on that show that I've sworn off for so long. Maybe I'll make a drinking game of it — each time Mazzerotti (sp?) says "arrogant" I'll take a shot. Should recover in time for Sunday night's game.

I dont agree with this at all. Sure the personnel might not be playing up to their potential but the lack of in game adjustments is awful if non existent. Vereen isn't running well? Screw it keep putting him out there. Only have 3 WR's? Better not even put Wright on the field for any significant snaps.

It just baffles me how badly coached this team has been since week 1.

The last game did not look so bad on the line at times. But they are rookies and you have to let them play through their mistakes. No one will learn if the line is CONSTANTLY changing.

No offense, but your disagreement doesn't really matter. It it what it is. This team is coaching to cover deficiencies in personnel. It's particularly obvious on offense, but it's happening on both sides of the ball.

Fells better about team after watching film. Monday was just one of those games that happens once in a while. It feels worse than it is because of their struggles so far.

Early struggles come down to 4 decisions:

Mankins
Kelly
Dante
Pepper Johnson

You know, I'm off from work today and just might give a listen; damn you Bedard for going on that show that I've sworn off for so long. Maybe I'll make a drinking game of it — each time Mazzerotti (sp?) says "arrogant" I'll take a shot. Should recover in time for Sunday night's game.

You'll be in a coma by 4:00.

Jamie Collins: growth hasn't been there, and isn't playing well, also should be playing SLB, not WLB

Puts it on Belichick about Mankins and Kelly

Any personnel man around the league will tell you that Tom has often covered up for the weaknesses, can't do it right now

Is Bedard only on for ten minutes? All I'm hearing is the hosts ranting.

Edit: Oh, he's back. Totally not biting on the hosts' rants.

Bedard: There's a lack of execution, which is correctible.

1st play of the game was a great call, but Connolly missed a block. 15 yard play ended up gaining only 4 yards because of it.

OL not getting enough reps together. That's on Bill, because the Mankins move was made too late

Could understand game plan, didn't really have a problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey