PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review of Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 38m38 minutes ago
Yes, Devlin was open, but I doubt that would graded a bad dec by 12. And who really cares? They got a first down 2 plays later."

Wow, that's a pretty lenient grade curve he uses for Brady there.

Can I get THAT teacher?
That goes along with Curran's story about how rarely Brady made it to his later reads. The protection has sped up Brady's internal clock to where he's not seeing wide open guys if they're not an early read.

"Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 38m38 minutes ago
Yes, Devlin was open, but I doubt that would graded a bad dec by 12. And who really cares? They got a first down 2 plays later."

Wow, that's a pretty lenient grade curve he uses for Brady there.

Can I get THAT teacher?

Yeah, who cares that the QB does not see the field, and forces throws into double coverage or well covered receivers. It's not like the offense struggles or anything like that. :eek:

I guess you guys didnt read the previous tweets

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 5h5 hours ago
I don't blame Brady for that throw to Gronk in double coverage everyone points out. It looks like Edelman is doubled & that corner is open.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard · 5h5 hours ago
In reality, Hali looped around Edelman to help double Gronk. That's just a tough play. Gronk looked like he was going to be open.

Yeah, who cares that the QB does not see the field, and forces throws into double coverage or well covered receivers. It's not like the offense struggles or anything like that. :eek:

Hmmm not sure I agree with his last statement that the Patriots building your team from the inside out is outdated, and teams now build from the outside (CB, WR, etc) in. Not sure I agree with that at all.

You don't agree because this is nonsense. Everybody talks about the secondary but Seattle was built inside out. Izdik is now trying to do the same thing with the Jets.

Bedard watched the KC game twice? KC won the game by beating the Pats on both sides of the line. They didn't win because of their great safeties and wideouts.

By the way, Greg, BB went out and got Browner and Revis in the off-season.

Izdik is now trying to do the same thing with the Jets.

You mean there's an actual plan as to what Izdik (nice one - is that a typo or did you do that on purpose?) is doing with the jets? Because from the outside looking in, it's pretty hard to fathom what is going on there other than the usual bizarre insanity.

This should be titled the Bedard Game Thread. Love it!

He sees the exact same thing I see with Collins. The guy had a good game once, but he is not a NFL LB. When he was drafted I thought he may be something coming off the edge. He's just not a good player. He's better suited for a special teams role, if anything.
i' like to see your posts from last year when collins was outstanding in the playoffs

i' like to see your posts from last year when collins was outstanding in the playoffs

I originally bought in to the idea of having an athletic guy on the edge. I just have not seen the athleticism translate to games. If you watch the defense, he is usually the last guy to react. Once he does, he is completely unable to get off blocks. He plays an awful lot like Guyton used to. The similarity is uncanny.

You don't agree because this is nonsense. Everybody talks about the secondary but Seattle was built inside out. Izdik is now trying to do the same thing with the Jets.

Bedard watched the KC game twice? KC won the game by beating the Pats on both sides of the line. They didn't win because of their great safeties and wideouts.

By the way, Greg, BB went out and got Browner and Revis in the off-season.

He did, but the problem we've had for several years (other than 2011 - Anderson and Carter were good in their roles) is still there. QBs are consistently too comfortable against us. I know Chandler Jones has had some good sack numbers, but the consistent pressure doesn't seem to be there. He's too often easily blocked one-on-one. You don't say that about elite pass rushers.

You mean there's an actual plan as to what Izdik (nice one - is that a typo or did you do that on purpose?) is doing with the jets? Because from the outside looking in, it's pretty hard to fathom what is going on there other than the usual bizarre insanity.

Hey, thank God Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan are still there, though!

Hmmm...... "Suck a lotta, for Mariotta"

That's not how it's pronounced though. My Rams fan friend said they're going with "below the quota for Mariota"

Fells better about team after watching film. Monday was just one of those games that happens once in a while. It feels worse than it is because of their struggles so far.

Early struggles come down to 4 decisions:

Mankins
Kelly
Dante
Pepper Johnson

I think it's that... and more. It's the theory that Brady can do more with less. It's why we love him, but (through 4 games) even tho we are 2-2 we have seen why that can't be forever. You can't have Brady not being protected, throwing to covered guys and expect success.

There was a great pic today of Brady... 4 of his OL beat in 1 on 1 matchups. He somehow moved up in the pocket and still got a throw away to edelman... who dropped the pass (apparently).

Brady is human, he misses throws. But the lack of help around him culminates in a poor offense.

Jamie Collins: growth hasn't been there, and isn't playing well, also should be playing SLB, not WLB

As in likely to wind up covering a TE? Makes sense ...

Said the Pats may be behind the times in that they like to build from the inside out (lines) and the league has moved that you need to build from the outside in.

That makes little sense to me. People are criticizing both the Pats' lines right now. And it's hard to find a major positional imbalance in the Pats' drafting that supports that theory -- in recent years, they've used 2nd round picks or higher at CB, S, LB, DE, DT, WR, TE, RB, QB, and OT.

I have been asked by some to go on the show. I just can't do it

A few considerations in going on the air:

1. Will it boost your career or other objectives?
2. Will it make your family and friends happy and proud? :)
3. Can you live with the fact that it will be a dumbed-down version of what you say in writing?

I've generally been pleased with my radio & TV appearances, but I've also had some pretty decent hosts.

That makes little sense to me. People are criticizing both the Pats' lines right now. And it's hard to find a major positional imbalance in the Pats' drafting that supports that theory -- in recent years, they've used 2nd round picks or higher at CB, S, LB, DE, DT, WR, TE, RB, QB, and OT.

I think, and I could be wrong, that Bedard means that teams are now building outside to inside, which signifies premium spent on outside WR, pass rusher (4-3 DE/3-4 OLB), OT, outside CB over positions such as DT, OG/C, S, slot CB, and slot WR.

Not quite sure I agree 100% with this, as some positions like DT and C are premiums IMO in today's game, but I can see why this could be the case in a pass-happy fantasy football-centric modern NFL.

I think, and I could be wrong, that Bedard means that teams are now building outside to inside, which signifies premium spent on outside WR, pass rusher (4-3 DE/3-4 OLB), OT, outside CB over positions such as DT, OG/C, S, slot CB, and slot WR.

Not quite sure I agree 100% with this, as some positions like DT and C are premiums IMO in today's game, but I can see why this could be the case in a pass-happy fantasy football-centric modern NFL.

OK, but
  • OT has been valued over interior OL for as long as I can remember, and BB has reflected that in his drafting.
  • CB has been valued over S for as long as I can remember, and BB has sort of reflected this in his drafting, although McCourty's position conversion fuzzes that up.
  • BB's WR draft picks higher than Edelman have been for guys with outside-receiver measurables.

A few considerations in going on the air:

1. Will it boost your career or other objectives?
Career as unofficial capologist - Yes. Objective of educating fellow fans about the salary cap - have my doubts
2. Will it make your family and friends happy and proud? :)
Yes
3. Can you live with the fact that it will be a dumbed-down version of what you say in writing?
My biggest concern is that in dumbing down my cap knowledge I will come across as uninformed to those who never heard of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots