PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Mike and Mike today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he did deliver one backhanded zinger directed at this weeks opponent...or more specifically their head honcho Napolian... (Paraphrasing) Said Tom is a great QB but even without him we managed to win 11 games in 2008 because we have a program...

Indy has a program too. It's just one dimentional... start Manning.

He didn't say it in any sort of Colts-related context, but it certainly was sly of BB if intended that way.

If Belichick were coach and GM of the Colts there is no freakin’ way they would be 0-11 even without Manning. They would not be tanking quitters in search of a draft pick.

I think he's done that in part to cover for his own naivete in falling hard for that crap Tuna was selling in Dallas and onto Miami... So many in the media are jock sniffing, name dropping suckers for any player, coach or FO type who will befriend them and play footsies access in the quid pro quo game the vast majority are engaged in ad nauseum in hopes of furthering or retaining careers... Unlike the no nonsense HC here who just figures winning and doing your job should be what insures that.

I figured he was going the Tom E Curran route where Curran went overboard to be "objective" about the Patriots when he went on a national stage. He wanted to make sure no one would accuse him of being a Patriots rump swab. Figured that is the same strategy for Breer.

Breer also got slammed pretty hard by Belichick in a press conference in the preseason of 2007 when Breer was the President of the Reche Caldwell fan club. Breer asked Belichick to comment on how Caldwell might be the the best run blocking WR on the team and Belichick wanted no part of it and made Breer look bad. Probably not the case, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

For the past ten weeks the Colts players have laid down.

However now that they have a three game lead in the suck for luck sweepstakes, I do wonder if this is the week they put it all together and play like NFL players for three hours plus.

Not sure there is much satisfaction to be derived from blowing out a team that is not trying to be competitive in the first place.

I, personally, would LOVE to see the Patriots win something like 60-6. A huge F U to Polian. It won't happen, of course, but it would be pretty awesome. Even more awesome would be the media's reaction to it. Haters 'gonna hate.

Reporter: [Inane Question]
Toy: Goes on a rant after the string has been pulled too many times.

If you haven't overheated it with too many cord pulls, it'll give my old fave:
Toy: I don't know anything about [IQ Subject], you'll have to ask [person connected to IQS] about that/all I know is we are playing the [upcoming opponent] this week.

Kreese.jpg

I so miss the Cobra Kai Patriots.

If media says something about the Patrtiots for destroying the Colts, I will wonder why the Saints didn't get any **** for 62-7 or whatever that score was

I so miss the Cobra Kai Patriots.

I hear you. The GFY tour was awesome right up to that last 3 minutes or so.

Wait! Breer actually picked the Pats. I'm surprised he didn't take out his weekly argument of "the Colts are a better match up for the Pats than most people think" or "the Pats are definitely going to have a hiccup down the stretch and this could be the game". Since he has gone national, he has become the biggest Patriots contrarian.
You're correct, he has. Before the season began, I heard him/watched him (I wish I could remember with specificity which and where) state adamantly that even without Manning, the Colts would be a contender. Early on, Greg Bedard also posted some vague reference to a conversation he had with Breer before the season began in regard to some "secret" Breer hinted at about BB/Pats of which Bedard was aware. Bedard, in essence, wrote/said that he didn't know what the hell Breer was talking about. Breer has become the NFL's Captain Queeg, particularly when it comes to the Pats and BB.

If media says something about the Patrtiots for destroying the Colts, I will wonder why the Saints didn't get any **** for 62-7 or whatever that score was

Um, because we are the lovable , wholesome, angels, and God supported Saints.
.. and BB is the dark antichrist sent to earth to dominate sports with his legions of demons, dark angel Bradius, and evil sorcerer ways.
Bent on 10 more years of their tyrannic Dynasty, to amass an impregnable fortress made of melted Lombards and shattered dreams of those that fall before him, and rule the NFL for a 1000 years. :)

Um, because we are the lovable , wholesome, angels, and God supported Saints.

Yep. We were that once too. Things changed in 2004 and the team then evolved into the, "Evil Empire Part Deux".

.. and BB is the dark antichrist sent to earth to dominate sports with his legions of demons, dark angel Bradius, and evil sorcerer ways. Bent on 10 more years of their tyrannic Dynasty, to amass an impregnable fortress made of melted Lombards and shattered dreams of those that fall before him, and rule the NFL for a 1000 years. :)

I can live with such a future.....:D

Funny the effect Belichick has on some reporters. Greenie admitted to being nervous for the last 3 days leading up to this interview. BB is starting to get that demigod aura effect.

Too bad we couldn't hear more interviews where media ask the right questions like Pat Kirwan does. I also love listening to Gil Brandt on sirius, just a fountain of old time football stories out of that guy.

Funny the effect Belichick has on some reporters. Greenie admitted to being nervous for the last 3 days leading up to this interview. BB is starting to get that demigod aura effect.

Too bad we couldn't hear more interviews where media ask the right questions like Pat Kirwan does. I also love listening to Gil Brandt on sirius, just a fountain of old time football stories out of that guy.
I watched it. Greenberg was visibly nervous. Of course, BB was slightly awkward too, but that is how he usually is during media interviews.

I set my alarm early on Mondays after Jets losses. Between Greenie's distress and Golic's piling on, it always puts me in a great mood for the day :)

I didn't figure they'd get anything out of BB this AM, but I'm disappointed to hear my assumption was correct. Oh well.

Greenberg was especially priceless after 45-3 last year. :D

Golic liked his new hoodie, BB looked impressed that he cut the sleeves off too, lol.

Last edited:
I watched it. Greenberg was visibly nervous. Of course, BB was slightly awkward too, but that is how he usually is during media interviews.

No kidding. It was kinda like in the movie, "A Few Good Men" when Col. Jessup walked into the courtroom and Tom Cruise needed to ask him a few questions.

Greenie: "Did you order the running up of the score on the Jets last year?!"

BB: "You're goddam right I did!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results