PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante Samuel close on a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am DEAD serious. I thought it was a joke, but was told, in rather certain terms, they didn't give a F**K about the errors.

Personally, I agree with you. ANYTHING I send out, I quadruple check as well for the reasons that you mentioned.

Michigan and Bruinz QUADRUPLE check for typos, etc ?
I mean, i'm careful ... but ...
isn't quadruple a bit obsessive?

Anyway, right now
someone is galloping thru the night, desperately trying to deliver the governor's pardon before the warden jerks the trapdoor handle. :)

Thanks for this, Dave.

Here's one to make you chew out your own spinal column:

"The player was signed to a seven-year deal. The player has been signed for seven-years."

This is the same sort of overgeneralization that causes cautious kids to start calling "curtains" "curtings," because they are trying to talk like the grownups.

The player has not been signed for "seven-years." He has been signed for seven years.

I saw some variation of this theme in a nationally known newspaper just this weekend. Please shoot me.

PFnV

Heh.

Towards the latter part of this past school year, the teacher of my youngest child sent a letter to every family regarding spelling, grammar, and penmanship. The letter contained several errors which might have been identified and corrected by using the spell-check function available on every computer.

Being the wag that I am, I corrected the teacher's letter using a red pencil and returned it to her along with my comments. The teacher has not replied to date. :rolleyes:

62 minutes and counting on the Asante front.....

Respects,

That looks like a BIT longer than 65 minutes..more like a few hrs..are you in another time zone???

I borrowed it from Samuels agent.

Last edited:
Heh.

Towards the latter part of this past school year, the teacher of my youngest child sent a letter to every family regarding spelling, grammar, and penmanship. The letter contained several errors which might have been identified and corrected by using the spell-check function available on every computer.

Being the wag that I am, I corrected the teacher's letter using a red pencil and returned it to her along with my comments. The teacher has not replied to date. :rolleyes:

62 minutes and counting on the Asante front.....

Respects,
You live in Maine, I live in Maine. My wife is a teacher, your child goes to school. You sent a smart ass note to the teacher. My wife got a smart ass note from one of the parents at the very same time she was asked to teach the grade above last years class.

No reply is necessary.

Even if Asante does sign a long term deal, we probably won't hear about it at 4PM.

You live in Maine, I live in Maine. My wife is a teacher, you child goes to school. You sent a smart ass note to the teacher. My wife got a smart ass note from one of the parents at the very same time she was asked to teach the grade above last years class.

No reply is necessary.

Even if Asante does sign a long term deal, we probably won't hear about it at 4PM.

Smll woild! 38 minutes and counting....

You live in Maine, I live in Maine. My wife is a teacher, your child goes to school. You sent a smart ass note to the teacher. My wife got a smart ass note from one of the parents at the very same time she was asked to teach the grade above last years class.

No reply is necessary.

It's okay. It wasn't a smart-ass note. Just a response to a long string of such things all year long.

Besides, unless your wife teaches in Bath, I wouldn't sweat it. If she does teach in Bath, do you want to get together for some games? :)

I'll provide the beer.......

Respects,

Somebody beat the deadline

Lions sign Redding to monster deal before franchise-player deadline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Last year, Rod Marinelli moved Cory Redding from defensive end to defensive tackle in the belief he could be one of the best defensive tackles in football.

On Monday, the Lions backed up that belief by making him the highest-paid defensive tackle in football. Redding, the team's franchise player in 2007, agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract that included $16 million in guarantees, including $13 million in signing bonus and roster guarantees.

Redding will receive a little more than $20 million over the first three years of his contract.

Redding's agreement beat a 4 p.m. Monday deadline for franchise players. Had he not reached an agreement, Redding would have been forced to only accept a one-year deal with no chance of an extension until next season. Under those circumstances, Redding might have held out the entire training camp.

Now, he will be present for the start of camp and will work with Shaun Rogers in what Marinelli believes will be one of the more dominating interior defensive lines in football.

Redding's agent, Kennard McGuire, was unavailable for comment while he worked out the final paperwork to submit to the league before the deadline.

Initially, Redding wanted to hit the free-agent market and leave the team. Marinelli and the organization decided to franchise him and try to talk him into taking a long-term deal. Last Monday, both sides had a major breakthrough in negotiations when the Lions came within $400,000 a year of Redding's demands.

Talks slowed down last Friday and Saturday and the possibility of no long-term deal existed. On Monday morning, the Lions increased their offer and signed him for $7 million a year.

The Redding deal tops the five-year, $33.24 million contract given to Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Redding was taken in the third round of the 2002 draft and started nine games as a defensive end as a rookie. In the past three years, he had 48 starts. Last year, he had career highs in tackles (47) and sacks (eight).

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Down the stretch and no updates on either Pats blog. Looks like this one isn't going to happen. Oh well, hopefully he signs his tender sometime in the next two weeks.

More like 5 min counting NO DEAL!! Well..unless something weird happens...

My clock just rolled over - anything???

Lions sign Redding to monster deal before franchise-player deadline

It looks like the Lions changed their offer twice in signing Redding, essentially showing that they can be influenced by players' demands.

I agree with most others who don't believe the Patriots will do this. It seems like it is up to Samuel to meet their terms.

Time's up, but he possibly could have signed and it just hasn't been announced. Now that's optimism for ya.

I'm guessing that it has to be in the league office for approval, before the 4pm deadline. I would be pleasantly suprized if they got a deal done. But I highly doubt it. I can't see Samuels leaving 7 mil on the table, so I think he signs the tender and plays for it.

I guess at this point, Reiss, Thomase and Breer are talking to their sources and trying to confirm what happened.

Yup. already posted............... it was all smoke and mirrors. It was never close

NEVER CLOSE

If he wanted 10M a year for the first 3, he was F'ing crazy. What a dreamer.

bummer. they got my hopes up, and they weren't really even close to finalizing anything.

It's okay. It wasn't a smart-ass note. Just a response to a long string of such things all year long.

Besides, unless your wife teaches in Bath, I wouldn't sweat it. If she does teach in Bath, do you want to get together for some games? :)

I'll provide the beer.......

Respects,

She a Catholic school teacher here in York County. She did work in Small Point one summer when she was in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft