PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any confidence going into the Week 16 game vs the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you watched any of the ravens game this week, they have success with the long ball. Which brings up the 2nd half of our game with them last year. We had a better run defense then over right now and they will take advantage of that and our secondary with long shots. I dont know,my head says close raven win but my heart says hell no.

Refresh my memory, why did we pass on Patterson or Elam or even Hunter?

I penciled in the Miami and Baltimore games as losses, due to the loss of Gronk and how desperate Miami and Baltimore were/are, we can afford to lose (not that they want to), they can't. We just have way too many injuries EVERYWHERE. One good sign is Dobson and Thompkins look like they may be back, which gives Brady some taller targets. I also penciled in losses to New Orleans and Denver, so what the hell do I know.

Because Patterson and Hunter would be clueless in the system.

Matt Elam was passed in the 1st round because a guy named Devin McCourty.

1. How could you possibly know that? And, because our rookies picked it up immediately? No.

2. Would rather see mcourty where he needs to be at corner and a replacement for Gregory

Elam and McCourty play different positions. He would have been an excellent fit in this defense.

At this point, I don't know if the Pats were wrong to pass on Patterson or Elam.

Patterson is a great kick returner, but Dobson is having a better year as a receiver. Patterson had one great game and not much else this season. I don't know if he was a scheme fit. He could turn into a stud, but thus far the Pats seem right to have passed on him. He hasn't been an upgrade to Dobson.

Also, Elam hasn't really shined in his rookie season either. He has been a liability in the secondary at times.

As for Hunter, he has had two good games vs. two bad defenses and not done much else the rest of the season. Yet another guy we don't know is as good or better than Dobson.

At this point, I don't know if the Pats were wrong to pass on Patterson or Elam.

Patterson is a great kick returner, but Dobson is having a better year as a receiver. Patterson had one great game and not much else this season. I don't know if he was a scheme fit. He could turn into a stud, but thus far the Pats seem right to have passed on him. He hasn't been an upgrade to Dobson.

Also, Elam hasn't really shined in his rookie season either. He has been a liability in the secondary at times.

As for Hunter, he has had two good games vs. two bad defenses and not done much else the rest of the season. Yet another guy we don't know is as good or better than Dobson.

Re: the bolded. Can you point to specific examples? What I've seen from him is that he looks like a rookie getting acclimated to a more complicated system than what the Gators ran.

Re: the bolded. Can you point to specific examples? What I've seen from him is that he looks like a rookie getting acclimated to a more complicated system than what the Gators ran.

I can't remember the exact plays, but I have watched a few Ravens games and seen him get burnt.

I am not writing the guy off or any rookie at this point. He could emerge as a stud next year. I am saying right now, it is unknown if the Pats were stupid to pass on him. He could become as good or better a safety as Ed Reed, but we don't even know if he will wrestle away the starter job from Ihedibgo next season at this point.

I can't remember the exact plays, but I have watched a few Ravens games and seen him get burnt.

I am not writing the guy off or any rookie at this point. He could emerge as a stud next year. I am saying right now, it is unknown if the Pats were stupid to pass on him. He could become as good or better a safety as Ed Reed, but we don't even know if he will wrestle away the starter job from Ihedibgo next season at this point.

He more than likely will. As a matter of fact, he's been slowing getting more and more reps fed to him as the season has gone on. I wasn't surprised he didn't start at first. Florida's defense is different from what Pees runs in Baltimore. IIRC, though, he played every snap against Detroit.

He was a rookie with a learning curve and even Ed Reed didn't set the world on fire in his rookie season. Next season it should be Elam's job to lose at that position.

We're doomed. No pass rush and Flacco lights us up because he's better than Jason Campbell and Ryan Tannehill

I cannot agree with you that Flacco is better than Trannehill.

Flacco - GP: 14| CMP: 310| ATT: 526| CMP%:58.9%| YDS: 3460| AVG: 6.58| TD: 18| INT: 17| FUM: 8| RAT: 76.5| ATT: 38| YDS: 219| TD: 1| FD: 12

Trannehill - GP: 14 CMP: 325| ATT: 521| CMP%: 62.4| YDS: 3627| AVG: 6.96| TD: 23| INT: 14| FUM: 6| RAT: 86.6| ATT: 24| YDS: 130| TD: 0| FD: 10

Personally I would take the 25 year old 2nd year QB who better statistically in every aspect of the game and has led his team to the same record and more PPG this as the 28 year old QB who is in his 6th NFL season.

tannehill has better weapons...even if one is mr "1 route" wallace...but flacco did just get back pitta

I just want to limit ray rice..he has sucked all year..would be nice

We can't beat a good team on the road, so I predict a loss.

@Cinci lost
@Jets. Lost
@Phins. Lost
@Panthers lost
@Ravens...

@Cinci lost
@Jets. Lost
@Phins. Lost
@Panthers lost
@Ravens...

Just means they're due for one after getting screwed in the last 3 road games.

@Cinci lost
@Jets. Lost
@Phins. Lost
@Panthers lost
@Ravens...

Now lets see, jets and Carolina we got screwed. Almost won in Miami and Cincy was a rain storm. Every game we have lost, we have been in until the last second. But what did the Defense do against Carolina and Miami; gave up 2 last minute drives, causing Tom to have to drive right back. I see them turning the streak around Sunday.

Who will cover pitta? I expect a few ray rice screens as well

The frustrating thing about the Patriots this year besides the injuries and redzone woes, is when we have the opponent on third and long and opposing teams always convert!!!

The frustrating thing about the Patriots this year besides the injuries and redzone woes, is when we have the opponent on third and long and opposing teams always convert!!!

And in key moments too. The ravens could have to get to reno Nv for a first, and we would let them get to Sacramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe