PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola's Neighbors Are Mad at Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't own it. He should invite Gronk and the rest of the team over for a rent party.

If this were 30 years ago there's a bunch of adjectives I'd be using that would get me banned, to describe these people bemoaning how he gets to work on time.

He doesn't own it. He should invite Gronk and the rest of the team over for a rent party.
I bet it would be "historic"...

Reading the article, it sounds like it was approved as a temporary structure and people *****ed and moaned, but he had approval as long as he took it down by March.

I once rented a house in a community in Scottsdale AZ. I was not used to living in a desert community so you could imagine my surprise when I came home one night to find an angry note on my door demanding that I maintain the rocks in my yard. hahaha A few days later the community manager stopped by and told me I needed to rake my rocks so that they maintain a manicured appearance. Then added I needed to trim the branches on the 20' tree so that it looked "kept". hahahahaa

Example pic below: Not the house I rented.

090820h.jpg
See, and fnordcircle said all those folks were in New England!

My in-laws lived in a retirement community in FL where they had a "citizen security patrol" that would drive around and issue you a citation for such things as your mailbox was the wrong color, including when it was "too white" (it was supposed to be cream-colored). I once had a client who lived with his girlfriend in a condo development. They fell on hard times and were behind on their condo fees. Not only did the condo association place jersey barriers in their driveway in the middle of the night, but also in the driveway of their neighbor (who was not behind on any fees) who took pity on them and let them park in his driveway.

I think a lot of the "neighbors in your business" stuff stems from people having too much time on their hands (i.e. retired New Englanders and New Yorkers in FL) and/or too much power in their heads (the condo board fiefdoms). It makes for some good entertainment though!

Amendola has good taste by living in that prestigious neighborhood.. the neighbors getting their "depends in a bunch" is predictable..

Amendola probably didn't realize it was not allowed. NBD. Take it down, be done with it.
That was my reaction too.

I have to side with neighbors in that I am one who believes in enforcing zoning laws, especially in historic districts. Sounds to me like Amendola didn't realize he was doing anything wrong and is being perfectly reasonable by making plans to have it removed in a timely fashion.

That's funny, I didn't know he lived there. I lived one block up from there on Pratt St from 2011-2012. Loved it. Best place to live in RI, in my opinion. I tell people that when my kids are done H.S. I'm moving to Benefit St.

And yes, it's petty but it's an historic neighborhood and nothing is supposed to be done to the outside of homes without permission. You want a carport, move to Barrington.

Can you walk to the RI Gentelman's clubs from there?

I think a lot of the "neighbors in your business" stuff stems from people having too much time on their hands (i.e. retired New Englanders and New Yorkers in FL) and/or too much power in their heads (the condo board fiefdoms). It makes for some good entertainment though!

That's exactly what it is. That's why most of the people on homeowner's or condo associations look like this guy...

theoden-sick.jpg

Odd...the older I get, the less a retirement community or some urban/suburban condo-y setting appeals to me. Sure, it's work maintaining a rural property, but there's freedom in it too. Hell, just getting outside and taking 12 hours for my old ass to get stuff done is fine by me. Better than sitting inside and watching daytime TV.

As for this, though, yeah...never saw the appeal of those carports, even in northern climes. Get a house with a garage.

Odd...the older I get, the less a retirement community or some urban/suburban condo-y setting appeals to me. Sure, it's work maintaining a rural property, but there's freedom in it too. Hell, just getting outside and taking 12 hours for my old ass to get stuff done is fine by me. Better than sitting inside and watching daytime TV.

As for this, though, yeah...never saw the appeal of those carports, even in northern climes. Get a house with a garage.
smart, you will live longer

Sorry, I'm a "it's my property and I'll do with it as I choose" type of guy. Pay my taxes and mortgage, I'll abide by your rules!

I'll agree, there are things needed to be respectable to your neighbors, but I like my comforts and conveniences too!

BTW, I couldn't open the link to read it.

I'm not surprised. This is one of those neighborhoods where, if you want to replace a window, you better have documentation that shows Ben Franklin's son made it in his wood shop.

Haha, I'd stay so far from a neighborhood like that.. I just picture a lot of yuppy people with bored housewives looking to spice up their life with some drama

Sorry, I'm a "it's my property and I'll do with it as I choose" type of guy. Pay my taxes and mortgage, I'll abide by your rules!

I'll agree, there are things needed to be respectable to your neighbors, but I like my comforts and conveniences too!

BTW, I couldn't open the link to read it.

Yeah, this whole thread has summoned my inner Ammon Bundy big time.

The thing I love the most about the west is nobody giving you constant **** about what you do on your property.

Every ****ing person in my neighborhood in New England was an uppity ******* with nothing better to do than stick their nose in your business.

Yea I've had some pretty ****ing nosy neighbors in my day that just ruin the quality of life.

One neighbor down the street came over, went into the garage and was rummaging around our stuff and we caught him. . Said he needed a screw driver or something...

Another time he came over and helped himself to the lawn mower without even asking... keep in mind this was not someone we were friends or close with in any way. . And our house was set very far back down a long driveway, so you really have to go out of your way

Any time we had people over doing work on the house etc, there he was moping up the driveway with a "whatcha got going on today?"

"None of your ****ing business, get off my property you creepy bastard!"

So glad to be out of that neighborhood... man it was bad.... so many nosey people wanting to know every detail of your personal affairs

Reading the article, it sounds like it was approved as a temporary structure and people *****ed and moaned, but he had approval as long as he took it down by March.

Yes, but the *****ing and whining has apparently insured that he won't be able to get approval in the future.

A lot of knowledge being imparted from @Patjew ITT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick