PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3/4 of the way through the season, who is our non-Brady MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blount. Not that he's not running away with the votes in this thread already, but I just want to reiterate how uncommon it is for us as Pats fans in the Brady era to see one player near 1000 yards after 12 games. I've noticed that in the passing game, the ball is getting spread around like never before, so Blount is the closest thing to a "go to guy" in this offense right now.

Hightower and Butler have also been playing out of their minds this year, although I notice Butler's positives and negatives more often.

butler. without him the CB position falls off the cliff.

Also, let's not forget Cannon.

Are you opining that Scar does not make a big difference?
No, not at all--more just marveling they were able to do it. With Edelman and Lewis at their quick twitch peaks, it seemed like they hardly needed a line. Although the line did regress throughout the year. (And there were injuries too, of course...I sort of forget how many, this team's injuries sort of blend after awhile plus I'm getting old.)

Butler, Cannon, Hightower probably in that order.

No, not at all--more just marveling they were able to do it. With Edelman and Lewis at their quick twitch peaks, it seemed like they hardly needed a line. Although the line did regress throughout the year. (And there were injuries too, of course...I sort of forget how many, this team's injuries sort of blend after awhile plus I'm getting old.)

Injuries did not help Googs case no question. If he had the 2014 line in 2015 at full strength and JE11 and Dion stayed healthy he might have saved his job. I still wonder if there was something deeper going on between him and Josh or with BB but that is sheer speculation.

Goog's problem is that he didn't pay attention to detail and put his unit in the best possible position for success.

Serious sub-question: Is RB our strongest unit?
Kinda concerned about depth behind Blount. Don't have another first and second down sorta backs behind him.

If everyone is going to nominate Scar then you have to have Thuney, Andrews and Mason as an extension. Going into the season the interior of the O-line was a major, major concern for me. These 3 although not perfect have been better than I thought they could be.

Injuries did not help Googs case no question. If he had the 2014 line in 2015 at full strength and JE11 and Dion stayed healthy he might have saved his job. I still wonder if there was something deeper going on between him and Josh or with BB but that is sheer speculation.

Goog's problem is that he didn't pay attention to detail and put his unit in the best possible position for success.
Absolutely true. The Stork issues were fireable by themselves.

Tie between Jimmy Garoppolo, James Develin, and Barkevious Mingo.

For me overall behind Brady, who is clearly number 1, is Blount.

Defensive MVP is tougher and I would rank it Butler, Hightower and Branch.

Difficult decision but if I HAD to make a choice, I'd go either Ross Ventrone or Sergio Brown

This year's Ventrone is Glenn Gronk...so he'd be mine. What is it his 71625252553th time getting cut?

Blount...on a pace for 1280 yds and 17 freakin TDs
Who has been more consistent game after game?

This year's Ventrone is Glenn Gronk...so he'd be mine. What is it his 71625252553th time getting cut?

He keeps getting cut....but I never get the memo that he resigned...

I'm sure there's a million other stats you can dig up to show how much the o-line has improved.

Could make the difference between losing or winning in the postseason

I think he just wasn't a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes