PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Warren should have been in training program

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Scott Zolak said on Comcast sportstonight that Ty Warren should have been in the conditioning program preparing his body for football. Zolak points out that Warren wasn't so interested in finishing his degree until he "got his guaranteed $18 million dollars".

Last edited:
If Zolak had actually gone out on a limb and said this before the injury, then that would have been a somewhat interesting point. Saying it now, though, is just piling on and revisionist history to make himself look good. If he wasn't willing to say it before it was validated, then he shouldn't be patting himself on the back now.

If Zolak had actually gone out on a limb and said this before the injury, then that would have been a somewhat interesting point. Saying it now, though, is just piling on and revisionist history to make himself look good. If he wasn't willing to say it before it was validated, then he shouldn't be patting himself on the back now.

Is this the same Scott Zolak who was cut for not knowing the playbook?

Doubt warren is such kinda guy....we know during 2008 when cassel was the qb how much pain and injury warren played through..

We don't even know what the injury is, except that it is his "hip". Chances are that no matter what he did, it wouldn't have prevented the injury. The guy went back to school in the offseason, kept in shape, and passed his conditioning test, so the Patriots deemed him in good enough shape to fully participate. This should be a non-issue, except for those that like to hear themselves talk.

SSDD

This line of reasoning is just plain goofy. Until the actual injury is made known, nobody has a clue whether conditioning would have avoided the injury.

This is the same guy who tore his groin and continued playing. As that article points out, he "had surgery on his left and right groins in January and also had a procedure to clean up his right knee in February." He is simply not the type of player to choose to pile on to when he gets injured. He is also not a guy I have heard criticized for his work ethic.

Last edited:
I agree no ill will from this fan about Ty Warren.
Injuries happen and a hip injury isn't the easiest thing in the world to prevent.
Thankfully we have a competitive group of d lineman and watching the labeled perennial bust G warren gave me flash backs of Seymour at his best.
I know this is preseason, but it was the most physical hard fought out preseason game I've seen from any team in a few years, and bodes well for the energy and determination we've been waiting for.
Let's hope it continues into the season throughout!:rocker:

Reading this has not diminished my respect for Scott Zolak. :bricks:

Without knowing what Warren's injury is or how he injured it, it is a little short sighted to blame him going back for his degree.

Zolak: I'm an idiot.

Scott Zolak said on Comcast sportstonight that Ty Warren should have been in the conditioning program preparing his body for football. Zolak points out that Warren wasn't so interested in finishing his degree until he "got his guaranteed $18 million dollars".

uh oh, don't give FredFromDartmouth any ammo.

Zo, going along with the others @ 98.5 for the big controversy based ratings

Warren passed the conditioning test and was deemed "ready to go" by the Patriots. Either Zolak should have kept his mouth shut, or the conditioning test needs to be overhauled.

If Zolak had actually gone out on a limb and said this before the injury, then that would have been a somewhat interesting point.

You mean like me? I predicted this would happen.

Warren should have been in the off-season training program whether this was the cause of the injury or not. And to you guys who said that BB must have given the OK we do not know. BB could just as easily been PO'ed; the Patriots certainly acted like they were not counting on Warren based on their off season moves.

Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again. Maybe this is not the case but it looks really bad now.

You mean like me? I predicted this would happen.

Warren should have been in the off-season training program whether this was the cause of the injury or not. And to you guys who said that BB must have given the OK we do not know. BB could just as easily been PO'ed; the Patriots certainly acted like they were not counting on Warren based on their off season moves.

Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again. Maybe this is not the case but it looks really bad now.

Yes and no, because you're still wrong. I said it would have been a mildly interesting point, not a good one.

Revisionist history? How do you know what he is saying is not accurate?

Or do you respond this way regarding all your binkies?

Warren set himself up to be questioned this way. I love the guy, but he's getting played to play football and now he can't because of arguably his changed priorities in the offseason.

Yes and no, because you're still wrong. I said it would have been a mildly interesting point, not a good one.

As opposed to the non-existent point in your post?

Revisionist history? How do you know what he is saying is not accurate?

Or do you respond this way regarding all your binkies?

Warren set himself up to be questioned this way. I love the guy, but he's getting played to play football and now he can't because of arguably his changed priorities in the offseason.

What I said was that, if he felt so strongly about this, he probably should have said something before word got out that Warren was getting IRed. It's easy to go back and say you were against everything that had negative results after those results manifest themselves, but it doesn't benefit anyone. It doesn't make you more insightful, or your audience more informed.

Also, I'm not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that he's one of my binkies. I don't like or dislike Warren any more than anyone else. Of the big 3 that we had on our line, he was a distant third on my list, with the order going Seymour > Wilfork > ...........Warren. For quite a while, I've been significantly less enthusiastic about him than most posters here, so I dunno how you could come to the conclusion that he's a binky of mine.

I also don't know how you can so strongly assert that he's hurt because of his "arguably changed priorities". It makes no sense: are you taking a stand or not? Because if so, feel free to explain how he passed his conditioning test with a torn labrum. He got hurt on the first day of TC: this was almost certainly a case of poor luck and a freak collision. You can read more into it if you want, but you'll almost certainly be wrong to do so.

Last edited:
I commented on his higher percentage chance of injury in a thread a while ago so unlike Zolak, I will stand by my previous concerns on his being more susceptible to injury if he had not attended training camp. Pretty much common sense....players talk about being in game shape all the time.

I take no joy in being correct on this though and wish it never happened.

As far as the conditioning test, that is far different than getting your body ready for taking hits, especially in a game....preseason or not.

I just wonder if Brace will, finally, step up to help fill the void or if he will just sit and collect.

I commented on his higher percentage chance of injury in a thread a while ago so unlike Zolak, I will stand by my previous concerns on his being more susceptible to injury if he had not attended training camp. Pretty much common sense....players talk about being in game shape all the time.

I take no joy in being correct on this though and wish it never happened.

As far as the conditioning test, that is far different than getting your body ready for taking hits, especially in a game....preseason or not.

I just wonder if Brace will, finally, step up to help fill the void or if he will just sit and collect.

It's rumored to be the labrum. How is that supposed to be related to an athlete's conditioning? The Mayo Clinic needs to know this, because they don't have "poor conditioning" as a factor and they need to be brought up to speed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday