PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ziegler interviews with Broncos Saturday

To make it clear they should hire Wolf as GM immediately to clarify roles. This team will fall off a cliff if Ziegler and McDaniels take over.

Im glad Ziegler is staying put in New England...

There is (a lot of personell) work to be done this off-season, and after losing Caserio, continuity in this role is critical... While there are always wiffs. the Pats have done fairly well in free agency over time... it goes without saying it is important to continue that trend... Since Caserio spearheaded free agency for the Patriots in the past, it became imperative that someone who knows how the process works remained in place...

"Ziegler and Patriots coach Bill Belichick had a conversation this AM, which led to Ziegler's decision to withdraw from the Broncos GM search"

Hmmmmmm
No pushback by Ziegs

Yes Bill.....I'll stay
Yes Bill.....no title is fine by me
Yes Bill.....I know your kids deserve raises so I'll sit tight and wait my turn
Yes Bill.....I like Harry too
Yes Bill.....your draft board is magnificent
Yes Bill......I'll walk Nike
Yes Bill......I'll shag balls for the Alt-right kicker

"Ziegler and Patriots coach Bill Belichick had a conversation this AM, which led to Ziegler's decision to withdraw from the Broncos GM search"

Hmmmmmm
No pushback by Ziegs

Yes Bill.....I'll stay
Yes Bill.....no title is fine by me
Yes Bill.....I know your kids deserve raises so I'll sit tight and wait my turn
Yes Bill.....I like Harry too
Yes Bill.....your draft board is magnificent
Yes Bill......I'll walk Nike
Yes Bill......I'll shag balls for the Alt-right kicker

yea bill..... I’ll pick Robert up from the orchid and get him back to the plane without the media seeing him.

There is (a lot of personell) work to be done this off-season, and after losing Caserio, continuity in this role is critical... While there are always wiffs. the Pats have done fairly well in free agency over time... it goes without saying it is important to continue that trend... Since Caserio spearheaded free agency for the Patriots in the past, it became imperative that someone who knows how the process works remained in place...

Pats from 2012-2019 were one of the 5 worst in the league in drafting or developing players. Ziegler was in charge of pro personal when the Pats WHIFFED on Sanu

Pats from 2012-2019 were one of the 5 worst in the league in drafting or developing players. Ziegler was in charge of pro personal when the Pats WHIFFED on Sanu
Not Caserio? Not Belichick? But Ziegler... interesting

how do we know bb didn’t over rule Ziegler on sanu. The options back then were limited.

Last edited:
how do we know by didn’t over rule Ziegler on sanu. The options back then were limited.

Who knows . Point is the Sanu move was a total bust and Ziegler was the pro personnel guy. That plus the Pats front office has sucked while Ziegler and McDaniels have been here.

If Ziegler had left, why would any bb promote smith or yearden over wolf?

Good on Ziegler to increase leverage with a perfectly timed interview. Got himself at least a very nice little raise.

Also happy he is staying. Continuity matters.
Why? So the graduates of the John Carroll School of Sycophancy can continue to yell "Splunge for me too!" whenever Little Billy is about to show the football world how feckin smart he is by making yet another horrible draft pick? No thanks.

Why? So the graduates of the John Carroll School of Sycophancy can continue to yell "Splunge for me too!" whenever Little Billy is about to show the football world how feckin smart he is by making yet another horrible draft pick? No thanks.
give him a chance i'd say... we don't know how he will perform in the job until he gets a shot at it

Why do we continue to tolerate this troll?

Yes, it was Ziegler's fault that Sanu caught 10 passes in his first game with the Pat's then severely sprained his ankle in the next game returning a punt. All Ziegler's fault.

Yes, it was Ziegler's fault that Sanu caught 10 passes in his first game with the Pat's then severely sprained his ankle in the next game returning a punt. All Ziegler's fault.

Since Ziegler was in charge of pro personnel, it absolutely is his fault we spent a 2nd rounder for a total bust trade.

Since Ziegler was in charge of pro personnel, it absolutely is his fault we spent a 2nd rounder for a total bust trade.
zoom that focused lens out a bit... That trade was a desperation move made to appease Brady... Chill with the hyperbole

Since the ziegmeister has been here, we have made some decent fa signings... He provides the continuity we need in the front office

zoom that focused lens out a bit... That trade was a desperation move made to appease Brady... Chill with the hyperbole

Since the ziegmeister has been here, we have made some decent fa signings... He provides the continuity we need in the front office

Continuity means sh-t when it's been 8 years of garbage. DO NOT want the same crappy trend. Literally so many analysts have shown how the Pats have been bottom 5 league worst at drafting and developing since McDaniels came back in 2012. Get rid of the John Carroll football fraternity.

Continuity means sh-t when it's been 8 years of garbage. DO NOT want the same crappy trend. Literally so many analysts have shown how the Pats have been bottom 5 league worst at drafting and developing since McDaniels came back in 2012. Get rid of the John Carroll football fraternity.

3 super bowl titles, 4 super bowl appearances in those 8 years says different

If Ziegler could predict the future like you seem to think he should be able to do, then he would not be working for the Pats. He would be in Vegas picking horses and lottery numbers

That trade is on BB not Z. A rare panic trade as BB saw the season going down in flames with a bare cupboard of wideouts with his 1st round pick injured and inadequate and FA TE injured and inept. I would gladly overpay with a 2nd instead of a 3rd or 4th to save a season and make the playoffs.
Sununu (sic) was best out there available but at an extorted price. Got injured and never rebounded. Brady, half out the door, would have been in even more of a funk had BB not shipped out a 2nd and tried to salvage the season.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back