Your W-L prediction this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's early..but let's see what you think

I see them possibly losing 3-4 games. Ravens away i think is a L. Either SF or Denver at home. Both will be close games. Then i think it could be Buffalo again away. Call me crazy. This years home schedule looks tougher than away.

Last edited:
Pending health to the majority of the important players, 15-1 to 14-2. The four losses last season included a ridiculously fluky game (Bills), two games where Brady was clearly playing hurt and at far less than 100%, and a game where Gronk was playing at not even half of his normal playing ability. It's going to take a lot of convincing if anybody wants me to think they'll be worse.

I predict 12-4 every year. The last two years I have been pleasantly surprised. Baltimore is the toughest game on the schedule, and Buffalo and the NYJ are not pushovers...I would pick Seattle as a possible loss, a team on the rise with a very strong home field advantage.

With our home schedule we have three tough games in Houston, Denver, and San Francisco, plus the divisional opponents. So again I could easily talk myself into us losing four games. It's good news that the road slate seems less challenging then the home slate though.

49ers W
Bills W
Cardinals W
Colts W
Dolphins W
Jets W
Texans L
Broncos W
Bills W
Dolphins W
Jaguars W
Jets W
Rams W
Seahawks W
Titans W
Ravens W

Assuming the defense gets fixed.

but that's just me... and i was being generous.

13-3. We have a few tough home games but they're at home so we should win at least 2 if not all of the 3 that stand out (Denver, Houston, San Fran.)

Until someone beats the Patriots, I'll say 16-0 :D

Way too early for me. I'll get a better sense after the draft, but even then I'll want to see who else they pick up between the draft and camp, possible training camp cuts from other teams, and the initial health of players like Mankins, Gronk, and Spikes.

19-0 here we go

I predict 12-4 every year.

I have pretty much the same system, where I see 12-4 as a very achievable goal just about every year.

However, my losses always remain the same every year, without getting into specifics.

I see a home loss, an away loss, a divisional loss, and a loss in a game that we weren't expecting.

It's a realistic enough formula, and although it's not always correct, it seems like a good place to start.

I also predict 14-2 or 15-1.

My first thought was the same as yours, above. However the more I thought of it I realized that there are far too many intangibles associated with each and every of the 16 games played.

That being said I think this team will go 10-6 or 11-5. With of course a possibility of the aforementioned 14-2 or 15-1 i they avoid those intangibles.

How's that for being wishy-washy? ;)

It's far to early to form an accurate prediction but here goes.

I have a gut feeling that we lose a game to either the 49ers or Texans. It's a relief that both of these games are at home because I personally think they are the toughest teams on our schedule.

The road game against the Ravens is going to be a close fought one that either team could win, but I'm predicting that it will be decided by a 3 point margin. I just pray that Bernard Wilkes Pollard won't get anywhere the lower section of any Patriots player:eek:.

The game against Denver is interesting. Any team with Peyton Manning at the helm will be sure to give us a hell of a game, but at the same time, I'm confidant that we can beat them.

The 2 games against Buffalo are also interesting. I can't any conceivable scenario where they sweep us but if we go 1-1 against them, I wouldn't be surprised. In the end however, it comes down to whether or not the Bills are healthy. If they are, then they can pose a tough matchup on the road, if not, than it's simply another W for the Pats.

So best case scenario? we go 15-1 and get the 1st seed. Worst case scenario? we go 11-5 and get either the 3rd or 4th seed.

Easiest schedule in the NFL next year, Pats won 14 games last year...they added LLoyd and we still have the draft...count me in for 16-0.

Easiest schedule in the NFL next year, Pats won 14 games last year...they added LLoyd and we still have the draft...count me in for 16-0.
The preseason SOS is the stupidest stat in the NFL, Denver will be much harder than the SOS formula suggests, the Colts are counted as a a 2-14 team, pulling down the SOS even more, when in all likely hood I can see them going 9-7. The Seahawks also improved.

12-4

Pretty difficult to predict right now without the draft, the rest of free agency, training camp, inevitable preseason injuries, and a better idea of what's going on with other teams over the rest of the offseason - but I figure that sounds about right for right now. Hopefully a little better than that but predicting any team will go better than say 13-3 is generally unrealistic; there's always a couple of games where the team is just a bit flat, a surprise game plan by the opponent, a bad bounce, an untimely iffy penalty, etc.

The preseason SOS is the stupidest stat in the NFL, Denver will be much harder than the SOS formula suggests, the Colts are counted as a a 2-14 team, pulling down the SOS even more, when in all likely hood I can see them going 9-7. The Seahawks also improved.

I read this quickly, and for a second there, I thought you said the Colts would go 9-7.

It's completely absurd to guess the win/loss record of the Pats at this point.

I say 12-4.

:D

I read this quickly, and for a second there, I thought you said the Colts would go 9-7.
I think 9-7 is not out of the realm of possibilities. They have somme games that I think they will win to get to that, Dolphins and Jets and Jaguars and Vikings are probably the easiest, I can see them spliting the Titans. Possibly beating Buffalo (who I pin as a WC contender) and the Bears.

My first thought was the same as yours, above. However the more I thought of it I realized that there are far too many intangibles associated with each and every of the 16 games played.

That being said I think this team will go 10-6 or 11-5. With of course a possibility of the aforementioned 14-2 or 15-1 i they avoid those intangibles.

How's that for being wishy-washy? ;)
How do you believe this team will go 10-6 or 11-5 when we went 13-3 last year with a relatively weak schedule, when in comparison, this year's schedule will be even weaker and issues on offense/defense will be addressed from now till September. Can you explain your reasoning behind your prediction?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back