PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you amped about?

you have to explain the Schroedinger's BOB point you are making...especially to the perennial doom and gloomers who see poison and death around every corner of this new season...

In quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's BOB is a thought experiment that illustrates a paradox of quantum superposition. In the thought experiment, a hypothetical BOB may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while it is unobserved in a closed box, as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. This thought experiment was devised by physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935[1] in a discussion with Albert Einstein[2] to illustrate what Schrödinger saw as the problems of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.

In Schrödinger's original formulation, BOB, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. a Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills BOB. The Copenhagen interpretation implies that, after a while, BOB is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees BOB either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality resolves into one possibility or the other.
OK my life is completely explained by this

Last edited:
I'm amped about
rico nasty tia tamera GIF by Doja Cat

I have to add, he's not high on my list of "likely to take over" guys, but I would love for announcers to say stuff like "Mac Jones has been finding Boutte all night" and "It's like everywhere you look you see Boutte"

you have to explain the Schroedinger's BOB point you are making...especially to the perennial doom and gloomers who see poison and death around every corner of this new season...

In quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's BOB is a thought experiment that illustrates a paradox of quantum superposition. In the thought experiment, a hypothetical BOB may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while it is unobserved in a closed box, as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. This thought experiment was devised by physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935[1] in a discussion with Albert Einstein[2] to illustrate what Schrödinger saw as the problems of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.

In Schrödinger's original formulation, BOB, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. a Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills BOB. The Copenhagen interpretation implies that, after a while, BOB is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees BOB either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality resolves into one possibility or the other.

I have never bought into the Copenhagen Interpretation, especially when it applies to the Patriots. Look at it this way: when last years Patriots were losing in the fourth quarter, we all thought they were dead meat. Yet for those watching the game they were clearly still alive, we just knew they were dead, and since they weren’t moving it was a just belief. So, you could have both be true at the same time. This holds true until the final whistle, at which time they were officially dead meat, thus only one reality.

I’m amped for Marte Mapu. Getting the next Ed Reed in the 3rd round is an all time steal. If he wins the NFL MVP I will be very psyched.

Christian Gonzalez is going to be a stud.

(Sorry I could not resist this any longer - note appropriate model designation upper right )

I’m amped for…

IMG_0592.jpeg

I have never bought into the Copenhagen Interpretation, especially when it applies to the Patriots. Look at it this way: when last years Patriots were losing in the fourth quarter, we all thought they were dead meat. Yet for those watching the game they were clearly still alive, we just knew they were dead, and since they weren’t moving it was a just belief. So, you could have both be true at the same time. This holds true until the final whistle, at which time they were officially dead meat, thus only one reality.
You can't spell cope without Copenhagen

The many worlds interpretation has become a series of comic book movies though.

I am personally going to pioneer the copin'HagenDaas interpretation. Or I won't. Or I both will and wont.

This is, by the way, what went wrong with the Buddhist interpretation of stand-up comedy.

A guy both walks into a bar and does not walk into a bar, or neither walks into a bar nor doesn't walk into a bar, or both both walks into a bar and does not walk into a bar and neither walks into a bar nor doesn't walk into a bar...

Too many players on this roster to get excited about, all the first and second year players. They probably all won’t work out, but many will and they have a gaggle of young athletic talent.

Last edited:
no one/nothing to get amped about. this was a dead team last year that turtled against every good opponent. They added Schuster and Gesicki, 2 jags, and drafted a bunch of special teamers and guards. they drafted a corner first, who last I checked, doesn't help the offense move the ball, convert third downs, and not kick 3,000 field goals.
If the defense sucks vs quality opponents they're in for another disappointment of a season. We'll know soon enough bc the first four games are against competent quarterbacks and/or coaches and offenses.

Gonzo - top 20 pick with oodles of athleticism, size and instincts. Aaron Rodgers does not throw to the MOF so it's important to have strong boundary corners. My CB1, top 10-12 prospect in the class, one of the better CB I've seen lately. I'm as pumped for Gonzo as it gets. This team needed blue chip talent and we add one of the few pieces missing on D. Kid is a baby with an incredible amount of potential.

Barmore - If we're ever going to take the step from "very good" to "scary" We'll need a real inside pass rushing presence to move QB's off their spot. We really need him to take that jump. The IDL tiers are changing with Donald on his way out and Chris Jones peaking. Hopefully CB is that next guy for that position. Like Thornton there's no one in front of Barmore impeding his climb. I'm as excited to see what Barmore can do as anyone on the team.

Rham - unbelievable how he's taken over but you saw it coming from day 1. He can create, catch and is a work horse. I'm looking forward to a year where everything is geared towards him. I'm probably one of D Harris biggest fans and want to see him do well even though he's in Buffalo but we still have a loaded RB room imo

Strong is legit and will absolutely turn heads imo. I think he's going to be a player and actually is a great complement to Rham.

Remember this dude averaged 7 + per clip in college and was like tied for most

Most explosive runs/attempts over 10 + yards
Antonio Gibson-.33
Lynn Bowden-.23
Javonte Williams-.23
Rhamondre Stevenson-.23
Anthony McFarland-.21
Zach Evans-.21
Najee Harris-.21
Kennedy Brooks-.21
Keaton Mitchell-.21
Pierre Strong-.20
D’Andre Swift-.20
Devon Achane-.20
Michael Carter-.20
Jonathan Taylor-.20
DeWayne Mcbride-.20
Travis Etienne-.20

I really wanted Bowden to stick. Kentucky ran a unique rushing attack and he was incredibly versatile coming out having played a ton of WR/QB/RB. I really hope we utilize his rec skills bc the guy can fly

He's got very nice vision, patience ability to set up his blocks before bolting but I love his lateral movements. Ability to slide without stopping his momentum. He can block and is very willing. I hope he takes over as our "rec back" even though RS will have 35 + rec.

Idk if pumped is the right word but I'm intrigued to see what Mac can do. There's not a lot missing for him to have success and we shouldn't be sitting through any major growing pains. I thought 23 was the year we would load up and go "all in" as Bill's time is ticking and so is the decision on Mac. A Hopkins move would definitely make that more true. Hop isn't a top 5 WR anymore but only bc of freaks like Hill, Jefferson, Chase etc hes still firmly a top 15 WR and in our situation. We shouldn't be passing that up. It's not like we're signing him long term and Mac needs the talent around him. I'm all for this. Hop, Bourne, JuJu is actually a pretty sweet trio. And as good as we've seen in 5 years. I'm excited to see if Mac is a the real deal or not though. We saw an average NFL QB his rookie year which was hopeful but he was absolutely lost last year and showed nothing through the mess. We have a proven OC he's familiar with and have to assume he was OK with. Slight upgraded in JuJu and a bigger one in Gesicki. Have to think the OL is the focus on everyone's mind on offense so I'm hoping things are set up for him to roll.

Same for Strange. Not sure pumped or amped is the right word but he was a 1st RD pick and in an obvious position of importance given the state of the team. Inconsistent to good last year but we need a lot more from him than that to justify a top 32 grade. One of the more athletic prospects at any position to come out recently. He's got the talent and athleticism. I'm hoping we're talking about Strange in the same way we talk about Onwenu after this year - top 5-10 at his position. You draft a IOL that early he has to hit.

I'm pumped and hope Bourne picks up where he left off before last year. He was a 1100+ guy if given the targets. Crafty rr that can play a little bit of everywhere. Has confidence and experience in the league, seen a lot. I think and hope he's our WR1 if Hop isn't signed.

Marcus and Jack Jones - I was a huge Marcus fan coming out bc of his versatility. I really hope he's our future slot with Jack opposite Gonzo going forward into 2024. That trio has a ton of confidence, versatility and IQ/instincts. That's something I can't help but think of looking at them. All have great football IQ and instincts. Whether it's turning and locating, route anticipation, playing a WR's body language, down/distance etc we could an amazing secondary going forward. I had a 3rd RD grade on Jon Jones, a binky of mine coming out. Honestly with Dugger, Phillips, Jalen and Peppers behind them this group could be truly elite by years end or going into next year.

Also pumped for Judon and Uche. I'm so glad we finally unleashed Uche and hope he's a 12 sack guy this year. I think everyone is pumped to see White bully some people.

We definitely have elite potential on defense which is crazy in 23/24. If Mac is really the guy we should fighting for a playoff spot in a loaded division.

I am amped to see high and long punts, from our team.

That alone will do wonders for our team.

no one/nothing to get amped about. this was a dead team last year that turtled against every good opponent. They added Schuster and Gesicki, 2 jags, and drafted a bunch of special teamers and guards. they drafted a corner first, who last I checked, doesn't help the offense move the ball, convert third downs, and not kick 3,000 field goals.
If the defense sucks vs quality opponents they're in for another disappointment of a season. We'll know soon enough bc the first four games are against competent quarterbacks and/or coaches and offenses.
I've decided not to be mean to people just because we see the same events in different ways. I used to say things like "lazy thinking," but that isn't fair to thinking. I think, rather, that you are efficiently processing all the information and with no wasted effort, producing a conclusion. I congratulate you on your elegantly constructed contribution.

Also too, we have a defense.

Not to stir the pot...but you trashed them for taking a corner in the first (arguably best corner in the draft) and then later said the defense sucks vs quality opponents?

I don't think you're being fair to the team sir.

Not to stir the pot...but you trashed them for taking a corner in the first (arguably best corner in the draft) and then later said the defense sucks vs quality opponents?

I don't think you're being fair to the team sir.
What I'll say is against top tier QB'S the void last season of not having a lockdown corner was prevalent. We held up well for the most part in the secondary largely in part from our great pass rush.

This season I'm amped that guys seems energized, seem optimistic. It's just OTAs but this is where team building begins. The offense just projects to be leaps and bounds better I'm thinking top 10.. we were top 10 in 2021 we could be that in 2023.

Defense has the making of being elite again. Another edge rusher in white, I'm absolutely excited about what gonzo can be! A guy to match-up with hill or Waddle, Diggs, Wilson.

Relentless pressure from the front 7.. having guys be able to rotate in and out to keep heat on QBs. It's just reason to be optimistic all around. Especially if we can sign hop!!!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back